Hello Everyone

Hi everyone, I’ve just signed up for this forum but to be honest I don’t really know why, though I have read many posts without signing up for some time now. My name is Dylan, I’m 42 and from the UK. I’ve been practicing magick for just over five years now, and in all that time I’ve never had one single result, nothing whatsoever, and might I add I haven’t asked for anything beyond belief I do know the concept of starting small and working your way up. I’m kind of surprised I stuck at it this long to be honest, but I kept coming back to it and trying as there was something that told me that it would work this time around, and try I did.

I’ve tried so many books by many authors. I own many Gallery of Magick books by Damon Brand, Gordon Winterfield, Adam Blackthorn etc. As well as books by Ben Woodcroft, Theodore Rose and Corwin Hargrove, as well as others. I’ve tried everything. Sigil Magick, Angels, Demons, Chaos, you name it, but nothing seems to work.

Just for the record, I’m not going to be one of these people that screams “magick is a load of crap” etc, I do believe magick works for many people, it obviously just doesn’t work for me. I think it’s amazing when I read all the success stories on this forum, I’m so thrilled that people are seeing genuine results, but obviously I can’t help but feel a little envious as well and I’m sure you can kind of understand that, or at least I’m hoping you do.

So this post is really just to say that I’m bailing out, hopefully nobody can say I haven’t tried. I just felt like signing up to say this because I’ve been reading so many post on this website for so long looking for something that I may be missing I guess, and while I did find lots of tips and advise by reading many posts still nothing has come to pass.

Like I’ve already said I do believe magick exists, and I do believe it works for many people, with astonishing results sometimes, it obviously just doesn’t work for me. I think it’s kind of like saying not all of us can be great cooks, or we can’t all be engineers or accountants etc. I have to be honest I’m kind of gutted, but I’ll get over it. I was only thinking I could make my life a little better through magick, and I did try I really did, but I guess now I’m just going to except defeat and live with the cards that have been dealt to me.

Thank you to anyone who reads this, I know it’s a rather pitiful post, but I just had to write it. But at the same time I wish everyone on here the best. From reading many of your post for a long time I think your all amazing, and I wish all of you all the best in the future.

Dylan.

3 Likes

Don’t quit now. It took me damn near ten years to have consistent results. I even made a post similar to this back in 2015 about it.

Welcome to the forum. Stick around, and we’ll do our best to help.

4 Likes

@Dylan11, I feel like we’ve spoken before on this forum, which is weird since its your first post hmmmmm.

It sound’s like your all over the place, not saying you are but that’s how it reads to be honest.
What is it your trying to accomplish through magick?

Obviously you’re still wanting something and not really wanting to bail, otherwise you would not have made such a long post to people who don’t know you or care about your quitting.

So now you’ve got some attention, use it wisely and let’s see if any of us can help with the real matter at hand.

1 Like

Have you ever had any kind of psychic/paranormal/precognitive experience, dreams, intuitions, etc? :thinking:

I mean yeah I get that you joined to draw a line in your own mind that you were quitting, and avoid the “sunk cost fallacy” by so doing, and that’s cool, just curious what drew you to magick in the first place.

It is kind of a niche/fringe thing right now, even though it may not seem that way with the echo chamber effect of social media, for those of us who are well into this.

3 Likes

Thank you for all your replies everyone. To answer a few questions, I got into magick after starting with the law of attraction and quickly realized it wasn’t for me, I really don’t get the whole “positive thinking all day every day” thing, or the constant “acting as if” you already have what you want even though you clearly haven’t, I just don’t understand how that could possibly work. I could of course be very wrong but it’s just the way I see it. Magick to me seemed to make an awful lot more sense, you want something so you put all your energy into it during ritual, and once your done your done and you get on with your life, or this is how I’ve been told it should be done based on the books I’ve read, but of course I could be wrong here too.

I’ve done rituals for various reasons, money (starting small of course), love (not directed at a certain person as I know that’s very wrong) just to create an aura of attraction etc (if that’s how you put it), a change of life (a road opening ritual I think it were called), and for several things that didn’t really matter much just incase I was “lusting for result” as it’s put.

I haven’t had any dreams or intuitions that I know of, well, I have had dreams obviously but I can’t say any of them really meant anything or were connected to a ritual I’d done.

Like I’ve said, I am pretty much ready to throw the towel in on this, but I have to admit I’m very upset in doing so, I’ve actually really enjoyed the whole experience. I love meditating and I love doing my little rituals, it’s just such a shame nothings come of it, and when all said and done that’s the main reason people do magick isn’t it?

Once again, thank you so much for the replies, it were great to hear from you all and if anyone can shed any light on what I’m doing wrong I’d love to hear from you.

Hi there Aly. Thank you so much for replying. But I’m sorry, I don’t “see what you mean now” at all, sorry. Maybe it’s just me, like I’ve said, maybe all this just isn’t for me. But thank you.