Hekate possession

Or do you know of any spirits I can make a pact with to inherit magical power quickly

The Devil,of course. He is considered to be one of the primary sorces of Magic and socery of witches

Well I certainly donā€™t want to do that. Heā€™s bad news. Iā€™m already dealing with him

Well I certainly am not about to do that. Heā€™s bad news. Iā€™m already dealing with him

When I go to the crossroads under a full moon and pray for Hekate, how do I say the beckoning call? Is it in Greek? Latin? And could it be just as effective to say it in the solitude of my own room if I didnā€™t have access to a secluded area with crossroads

In Latin dear. And it canā€™t be done in ur room but in the woods

How does the prayer go Latin, could you recite it for me. Or what is the prayer called so I can just look it up. Iā€™d appreciate it either way

How is the prayer said in Latin, could you recite it for me. Or what is the prayer called so I can just look it up. Iā€™d appreciate it either way

I probably wonā€™t try it in my car under a full moon on one of my off days. I probably wonā€™t get the same and become possessed with Hekateā€™s abilities

I need power to better my luck, I believe itā€™s existentially necessary. In regards to deities, Iā€™ve tried Hecate, She blesses me though I canā€™t manage to get possessed by Her. Is there a way (easy or hard) to bring this about without the use of a spirit board? And still be able to be in control?

need power to better my luck, I believe itā€™s existentially necessary. In regards to deities, Iā€™ve tried Hecate, She blesses me though I canā€™t manage to get possessed by Her. Is there a way (easy or hard) to bring this about without the use of a spirit board? And still be able to be in control?

I think She wouldnā€™t. She can help you understand/accept or even love yourself better, because She is a torch bearer and ā€˜illuminatesā€™ the shadow aspects of yourself. She can totally help you out with that, as She did with me. But donā€™t be confused, even is She is kind, just and takes care of Her children, Sheā€™s not one for shallow matters.
You can ask Her for protection, healing (mostly emocional/mental), aid in witchcraft, divination skills, necromancy stuff and things like that, but be careful with the ghosts that follow Her, for they can be souls of the damned. If you feel like, DM me, Iā€™m willing to share info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow that sounds amazing

Some thoughts to add for whoever is interested:

Hekate has many epithets and chants associated with her. As you begin to work with her, repeat different ones and sitting with the energy. I have learned which work best for invocation, evocation, fetching another spirit associated with her, binding lesser shades of her retinue into spirit traps, etc.

It is difficult for me to directly evoke her without having a slight accompanied invocation and the opposite is also true - when I have tried to invoke her, environmental activity always follows. As a previous poster mentioned, she is followed by various restless dead and other shades.

For reference, invocation reminds me of a mix between a mushroom trip and an acid trip, personally. I have had several sleepless nights, especially when I first began attempting invocations, where I sprung up from bed in the middle of the night and had two or three hours wide awake with an insane amount of energy and entities flying all over the place. Relatively harmless if you have been working with her and feel her presence there, but if there are any other people in the vicinity, they will surely feel it as well, especially children.

4 Likes

I think its folly to think you, myself or anyone can ā€œcompelā€ she who reigns over sky, earth, and sea to do anything. She is a goddess of her own supreme will. To feel her around you and within you is a blessing. Your words sound as if you seek to control or manipulate - i felt a laughter at the thought.

Go to the crossroads on the new moon - her deipnon. take offerings for her and the spirits - candles, garlic, eggs, incense. you have a curse? then let her have it then. Make it an offering also! Ask her kindly to take whatever magic was put on you, perfect it, and send it back to they who made it. how delightful to give her magic as a gift!
wash with lustral water (burn a bayleaf or other plant matter and drop it on fire into a vessel with water - let the water put out the flame ā€œBe purified!ā€) - wash hands, feet, and face.
Beseech her
ā€œIn honor of your deipnon, which i keep holy, i come to you clean. To you Hecate, i bring splendid gifts, before me (the physical offerings), within me (your true desire to connect with her) and upon me (your curse)ā€¦ā€ and go from there. but go to her humbly. You ask, never tell.

Hecate will choose you. you do not choose her. And eternal service? i can remember a point i mightve found such a thing uncomfortable, but to serve her is to know her, and she takes care of her own.

Ourania
Cthonia
Einalian

1 Like

Hekate is extremely easy to talk to and shouldnā€™t be feared, but should be respected.

Bring her a jar of honey and cast a circle and call her to you. Ask her why she has made herself known to you. If it is her, she will tell you. If it isnā€™t her, ask her for her help removing the entity. Offer her the honey, and then leave it at a crossroads afterwards.

1 Like

I think itā€™s folly that you seek to prescribe to people what they can and cannot do - I felt laughter at the ignorance exhibited.

This is not to say, I donā€™t revere spirits, but do not presume to prescribe to people what they are capable of or not. There is nothing omnipotent in the Cosmos, not Gods and not Daemons. They are both more developed than humans are, true, but then again according to the Greek mythology that Hecate stems from, Daemons used to be the humans of the Golden Age, and many experience Daemons as stronger than Gods are, so :man_shrugging:.

The part about her ā€œruling over the sky, earth, and seaā€, is also complete bullshit. I donā€™t know in which age youā€™re living, but Gods did not create this world, this is not the Stone Age. People discovered Acausal spirits or spirits from other regions of the Cosmos outside of our world, and assigned such offices to them in an attempt to explain how these things came to exist.

1 Like

Try to do whatever you want. It doesnt matter to me. :woman_shrugging: