Hebrew Divine Name Chants

To an extent those of us who do the Cabbalistic Cross and the Middle Pillar all intone Hebrew Divine Names but I am thinking of a chant like something you would do to Ganesh for road opening or financial/health chants or even love (according to Baal Kadmon).
I know that the Gregorians chanted/sang. I gotta assume they were doing it for a reason.

Does anyone know of any sort of magickal Hebrew chants.

I have a hard time with meditation. I am working on it but i would also like to do some chanting too, if possible.
OR
can i just chant to Ganesha. I was trying to keep it all somewhat contained in one tradition but maybe I don’t need to. although, that would probably feel a little weird going Hindu after all the kabbalah stuff I have been reading (plus I was sort of born into the Christian tradition)

Some time ago I thought that two Sephiroth related to wealth could be Malkuth, followed by Tiphereth; their Godnames are respectively Adonai ha-Aretz and Eloah Va Daath.

1 Like

Well…

Erm, :joy:…

What do you think they’re doing in churches when they sing?

Sure you can chant Hebrew names… or chant psalms… whatever

In church they use chanting or singing as an act of worship

Back in my days of fundamentalist Christianity… I would be the singer, leading a crowd… and working with the preacher… basically to set an atmosphere

You got people into an altered state and connected with their deity through it

It was very very powerful

Ima edit again and say this: you connect to energy really by doing it, or it can be used like a mantra to get beyond the conscious mind

Another edit: that derren brown (is that his name? Stage magician) has a great show on belief … and in it he gets people in an altered state and goes beyond their conscious minds to implant belief in exactly the same way any famous televangelist or faith healer does

3 Likes

Are there any known chants for particular purposes. Where do I start trying to figure this out.
If I understand it correctly (its very possible that I don’t) a mantra chant is in a sort of like attracts like principle. So you would say certain chants and your body would begin to resonate with the vibration of that mantra and you would begin to change or become receptive to that energy.

So are there any chants that are designed to satisfy particular needs/desires.

If not, how would make one. You mentioned Psalms, Could I just find an appropriate lines in a Psalm, that talk about God giving something that I want, repeat them 108 times, maybe visualize God or an angel that would be appropriate for the desire.

Say I want a healing:
Could I find a Psalm about the divine healing someone/something.
Repeat it 108 times a day for 40 days and maybe direct it all towards an imaginary Raphael. would I include the Bene Elohim in it maybe start with a Divine name.
Where do I start?

No, Hebrew isn’t typically used in that way.

Hebrew words of power are usually divine names used to invoke specific energies. They are vibrated, not chanted like a Hindu mantra.

2 Likes

You’re making it a little complicated more than it needs to be

If it works for you, by all means go ahead

But yes, that’s why the chanting

You are kinda meshing traditions

I just meant well people do - I mean David (supposed psalm author - sung) That’s where I threw in or psalms whatever, from.

I actually find vibrating Hebrew names … angels really like them sung

This is something I’ve found tho. It may not work for everyone

Well, I have used parts of the 42 letter name of god and the hidden names of gensis for chanting. I’ve recited psalms in spellwork multiple times (usually three or whatever feels necessary). But Hebrew words are generally not chanted as @DarkestKnight said. They are vibrated, charged by emotion and will while spoken. They tend to be a little longer too, which can make chanting a bit difficult. Not impossible, but it would definitely take practice and patience so the frustration does not bleed into tne working. Experiment and see what works and doesn’t

2 Likes

Trying to remember

Some book I had a thing I did for a while from where you imagined like lightening bouncing as you called on the Angel

Anyone know where I might have got that from as I’m sure that’s where I began trying the singing thing from too…

I always say my chants 3 times even tho I don’t think NAP says it’s necessary

I’ve no idea why… maybe running with 3 for some subconscious association

When I sing… I often sing my request to them :joy:

So it might not actually be Hebrew I am singing

I am not entirely sure why that is if I am completely honest. Just something i have felt necessary while using them.

1 Like

Strange me too intuitively

1 Like

Ugh I wish I recorded where I got singing angels names from and the lightening bouncing between you visualisation

It helped

Might not others but I certainly found it effective

It’s mentioned in Damon Brand’s 72 Angels of Magick.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Will go back to it!

Edit: @mark.nnnn in the book mentioned which is well worth it if you like the Shem angels it’s pg 13 on and 18 on. I like Shem bc I connect to kaballastic magick/Hebrew/Shem Angels precisely bc of my being born into Christian tradition!

@Dralukmun just noticed it says in 72 angels of magick to do it 3 times so may be where I got it from

2 Likes

I have briefly read that book but I will eventually read it more throughly. I think the whole saying Psalms three times might have been from my grandmother growing up now that i think about it more. Things tend to bleed together, memory wise.

1 Like

Yeah I thought I might be doing it from some trinity connection (altho I didn’t actually believe in the trinity in former belief but irrelevant story) or possibly getting there from other scriptures with 3 x concepts eg beginning was word, word was with God, word was God (Genesis 1:1 John 1:1) meh anyways - 3 comes up a lot :sweat_smile:

1 Like