Headaches while focusing

I didn’t see anyone ask about this particular
situation already but sorry if I missed it. Lately I’ve noticed that I’ve been getting headaches whenever I visualize things during meditation. I’ve had this happen while focusing on my third eye but now it just seems to happen whenever I focus and visualize, even when I’m not focusing on anything much in particular. Does this happen to anyone else?

It sounds like you have too much energy building up in your head.

1 Like

I have tried really hard to try and open my third eye and only one of those times I actually felt energy flowing through it. I must have accidentally built up a lot of energy. What should I do?

You should practice bringing the energy down from your head.

Do you practice any sort of energy work like qi gong or yoga? You need to circulate the excess energy through your body.

As they say, energy follow intent, so you should be able to guide the energy downward from your head by putting your awareness on it and intending to draw it down into your other chakras and meridians.

4 Likes

I’ve been meaning to get into qi gong but I’ve been lazy. The most energy work I’ve done is the First couple exercises in the Robert Bruce course.

1 Like

Robert Bruce most likely covers the circulation of energy so there might be information in the course about it.

1 Like

Sounds like I need to stop being lazy and get back to it as well as adding qi gong to my routine. Thanks DK.

1 Like

I would do qi gong or Meditation to. I use a doist technique my self and after that I have never had any problems with energy build up! What kind of meditation have you tried @Blackmore

1 Like

Right now I’m working through Modern Magick and am just doing the relaxation ritual. Before that my meditation consisted of being as still as possible, letting my thoughts clear as much as I can and visualizing my thrid eye spinning and charging in an attempt to open it, which is probably how I got here.

Ok I see well modern magic is a good book by the way I have it to. But the meditation in it is not to great I like the cleansing parts in it but for meditation I would try something like Kandahar yoga. Powerful takes some time to get down but when you have it you will feel a great change !

1 Like

Kandahar, huh? How is it in comparison to qi gong? Or is it just based on preference?

Well Kandahar is a yoga technique while Qi gong is a more moving energy meditation form. So basically the yoga is sitting while the other is moving so which ever works best for you but I would try them both !

2 Likes

Actually, qi gong encompasses methods of cultivation sitting, standing, and lying down lol

2 Likes

Hm not the Qi Gong I have tried no sitting in that version. @DarkestKnight

1 Like

There are many forms of qi gong that do, my friend.

Bruce Franzis’ Water school is one of them (His book Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body covers sitting and standing). Five Animal Play covers sitting methods, as does Immortality Secrets of a Taoist Immortal by Stuart Olsen. Mantak Chia’s work also has a lot of sitting and standing techniques.

The Taoist were very practical, and studied how to move energy through the body in any position, and most standing techniques can be adapted to sitting, and even lying down.

2 Likes

Which form do you use? I was looking at 8 brocades. @DarkestKnight

1 Like

I currently use a combination of a version of 8 Brocades called The Precious Eight and Zhan Zhuang aka “Standing Like A Tree.”

1 Like

Ah, cool. Wait, how will I know when it’s worked? I’m not good with sensing energy.

2 Likes

You’ll know when the headaches go away.

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight Did Qi gong a couple days in a row along with my regular practice. The headaches have lessened but not quite gone away yet and my visualization seems to have improved. This is great stuff.

1 Like