Have you ever experienced getting something from a thrift shop or antique store, and weird shit happened?

Has that ever happened to you? I tend to be a bit careful with vintage things. I do “clear” them after buying no matter what they are, just in case.

2 Likes

Yes, I usually bring home sadness or lethargy with the items :tired_face: being empathic. Sometimes I just set them outside to let them air out

2 Likes

I have had a few very strange things happen after I found an old hand crafted doll. I had some strange visions, things started moving… I have discarded the item, be very careful of attached objects.

1 Like

I’ve never had that problem - and I have a LOT of old stuff. If something feels “off” to me, I won’t buy it or bring it into my house. (I am VERY sensitive. I knew my old apartment was haunted the moment I stepped inside.)

I do have a very unique vintage coat, and when I bought it I sensed that the person for whom it was made was dead, but the person wasn’t attached to the coat, and I’ve never had any issues wearing it.

I do know there have been cases of this - someone who worked in a big antique mall told me about an old spirit board that would disappear and reappear in different booths all over the building. Creepy haunted dolls are also a fairly common occurrence. (Also, there’s the infamous Dybbuk Box story.)

3 Likes

It could be possible. Or maybe it just depends on how much energy is attached to the item. I have a lot of used stuff and there was a time i bought 2 used records that were original pressings from 1979 and 1987. Out of curiosity i did my playing card readings asking about whoever had them before (i got interesting answers, i dont remember them now though).

My creepy black bookshelf that I turned into an altar. lol. That thing gave me super weird vibes for a while. Found it outside of a house and I’m pretty sure I got it from someone who had just passed away.

Edit : I know I know doesn’t count as a thrift shop but still a antique lol.

1 Like