Have you come out of the magickal closet yet?

I’ve almost gotten to the point where I say, “I don’t care.”
MI’m not gonna win anybody over anyways. And I’m sick and tired of talking to all my friends who are fake ass Christians. That’s the only reason I posted my real profile picture here, but I might take it down.

1 Like

Just a few weeks ago, I posted on FB how Noah’s Ark was a lie. I explained the impossible logistics of a man on a donkey procuring a male and female of every species, from the four corners of the Earth, feeding and caring for them for forty days. When the flood was over, did he take the Polar Bears back to Antarctica? Needless to say, I lost 40% of my FB friends.

4 Likes

Because the world doesn’t care. There are better uses for your energy, and wasting it needlessly by sharing something that doesn’t need to be shared is a waste. People come to their own conclusions about you whether you tell the truth in the first place or not, and quite frankly, what they think of you is none of your business because it changes nothing.

3 Likes

Took me a long time. As a kid I had plenty of experiences and telltale signs of a natural affinity with the practices. Speaking with unseen entities, hearing actual voices clear as day, (I am talking about like hearing someone speaking to you, not thinking to yourself and so on), constant obsession with magic, and demonic beings since I was young. Not to mention the numerous times I dreamed real life events before they happened, nothing major, just small stuff about my personal life, but the vividness and accuracy is what still blows me away to this day.

I was forced into suppressing all this by a Christian family but later on once I realized what all this was, I instantly took to it. I would say it took me a few years, but the second I found out what it was, I pretty much converted instantaneously. When I finally understood what it all was I took immediate pride in it. I never liked having to hide it to keep my family off my back anyway, it always felt wrong.

Though despite the suppression by my relatives, my interest in the subject never really waned, it only bolstered my interests later on.

1 Like

I don’t plan on telling anyone. If someone happens to see my incense, the candles, or walks by when I’m in the middle of something, it’s “Ancestor Worship” or “Ancestor Veneration” from family historical ties. I mainly practice outside in the dark, but have had people walk by the backyard (townhouse) in the middle of a ritual before. I simply don’t need/want the scrutiny. Even from my atheistic wife.

1 Like

nothing wrong with working with magick. Its the part that you mention demon that they start freaking out. lol. IF you tell them you work with angels, they dont care. Its’ the 21st century, you don’t go around flaunting it. That draws stupid attention and neg. energy toward you. You don’t want that. Just keep it to self unless asked.

There’s no need to come out. That’s scared mentality and also sexism mentality. where you fear others looking down on you.

2 Likes

I cannot tell everyone about it . Since my workplace is run by the Lutheran church I would get into big trouble.
I want to continue working there, and I will, so I’m careful.

Also, I don’t see how it would benefit me if I told everyone. It’s not a religion, I get no reward for convincing people.

4 Likes

The less people that know, the more power we have. You should never tell anyone outside your circle of trust. It is not something you have to share, but if you need to do so, then maybe you should check your goals, and true intentions.

3 Likes

I’ve traded pleasantries with an admitted witch who was out and proud about it. I vaguely told her about my practices. I’ve also vaguely alluded to it to a person who was interested in me romantically. Other than that, I haven’t told anyone. I think that it is best to keep quiet about it in my personal situation.

I craft and wear items that allude to the entities that I work with, for example I made a necklace that is designed around large beads that represent the 9 demonic kings, but if I didn’t tell anyone, they assume that it’s just a pretty necklace. I’ve also been mistaken for being a christian because my Luciferian chanting beads have an “angelic” aesthetic. If I explained the beads to an occultist, they’d get the symbolism, but to the outside world it’s a pearl necklace with purple accents. I can honor the spirits by being out, but silent as well. I intend to design and make some octopus jewelry in honor of Duke Dantalion. He is a water spirit and is intellectual, and thus I symbolize him with the octopus. I also intend to craft a handbag in honor of King Asmodeus, with a “V” design in the material being a vague reference to a bull and using a bull charm as a zipper pull. I also wear fragrances that I make using oil scents that are associated with a particular spirit. For example, my fragrance in honor of Duchess Bune smells lightly woody; like a sweetened scent of a dollar bill.

My practice is out there, but also safely hidden away.

1 Like

Well, I have been practicing magick for years, and did so secretly for some time. Even though I have a family that does not share my beliefs, I still do my thing. I don’t push it on them, and it’s not that they’re xtians, they are agnostic, but I still don’t push it. I make my living doing psychic readings, I’m an artist and musician. Didn’t start really doing black magick and lhp until the last 8 years. They know what I do, so I’m not in the closet lol, but I do it privately. I don’t need anyone’s non belief affecting my magick vibes, so I’ve found privacy is best, and do it on my own time. :))

2 Likes

Then you didn’t lose much.

1 Like

Oh I hear you, I miss my Nonna so much, she did it, and didn’t give a rat’s ass what ppl thought, if I only had it so good now. :disappointed:

Yeah I mean the discussion might be interesting if they’re open minded, but I don’t really want to give myself away over a lunch conversation about how my colleagues probably won’t get possessed by satan by playing with an ouijia board

1 Like

I haven’t told everyone. My entire family grew up Christian and I spent 34 years of my life as Christian. I tried telling my sister that I don’t follow that religion anymore not wanting to go further into details, just to get her to stop talking about God. She asked me a few prying questions and without thinking I just answered. And now shes all paranoid. I at first didn’t want anyone else to know because I didn’t want to be overloaded by my family judging me and trying to save me. After about a week though I realized that I don’t care what anyone thinks. No matter what they say I’ll never go back to christianity. I also know that no matter what I say they wont try to comprehend where I’m coming from. So if they reject me then that bridge is burned. Who needs people that wont except you without trying to understand you? I don’t. Hope this helps.

1 Like

How do you know who to trust if you don’t know exactly who the person is? I always get suspicious when someone tells me they’ve “moved around alot” and they never say which high school they went to.

At this point, I’m sure almost everyone on my FB friends list knows I’m practicing magick, i.e., they know I’ve step away from the church…

I no longer trust my own mother who is a Scorpio…

1 Like

I’m sick and tired of all these two-faced fake ass Christians… I guess that’s why I was banned from Facebook yesterday for 24 hours, for posting the words “FAKE ASS CHRISTIANS.”

Does anyone describe themselves as an “ESOTERIC CHRISTIAN?” That’s git a good ring ti it…That would be truth, right? Christ consciousness? Of course you’re not mentioning the balance of the light AND the darkside…

I agree with what @Xendrath @TeaDemon @DarkestKnight @anon10524665 said. What’s the point of telling?
It’s called Occult.

3 Likes

I don’t have any problems with people knowing, if someone I know and like tells me they are skint …someone is bullying them …has a shitty neighbour, want a new girlfriend I tell them to deal with it using magick if they are curious then I will tell them about Damon Brand books which to buy and how to go about it but it’s that old problem "Oh gosh that sounds like a lot of work " and they immediatly loose interest Then when I see them 3 months later and they still have the same problems I am then happy to tell them they are lazy bastards and your still where you are because of your own procrastination live with it and don’t bother anyone else with it

Came out at the beginning of the year by publicly acknowledging a thoughtform I had around me for a decade.

personally I would consider getting banned on facebook a positive thing I was born and brought up in a christian household and untill I was 16 they were the only people I knew and all of that lot were as fake as fuck “Love thy neighbour as thyself so long as he’s not black or brown” it might bring down the house price .
And before I get any complaints from anyone this was a conversation I heard between two baptist ministers when I was 12 and it was the final nail in the christianity coffin from where I was standing.