Have I offended Belial?

I’ve been using the goetic sigil to contact him, and he’s been replying and helping but it’s always halfway and I’m always full of fear that I can’t even begin to describe. I’ve been reading some things online that talk about how he favors the Dukante sigil, or even hates the goetic one. I don’t really know what is true and what isn’t, and it’s like he won’t let me ask him. Is this because he feels offended? And how can I clear my name of this if he is offended?

You could try using the Dukante one and see if he reacts differently; I’m not sure how you can figure out what the problem is, have you tried giving him an offering or something as a gift (not exchange) to show positive regard?

I haven’t tried giving an offering. I feel stupid now, that seems so obvious haha. I’ve heard that he loves tobacco and strong alcoholic drinks. I’ll try something around those (or both) and see what happens. But last time I invoked him, he was very upset and mentioned the method of contact as the reason why. I couldn’t think of anything else besides the sigil that would have offended him.

I haven’t tried giving an offering. I feel stupid now, that seems so obvious haha. I’ve heard that he loves tobacco and strong alcoholic drinks. I’ll try something around those (or both) and see what happens. But last time I invoked him, he was very upset and mentioned the method of contact as the reason why. I couldn’t think of anything else besides the sigil that would have offended him.[/quote]
I’ve only used goetic sigil to contact Belial and interestingly he would always offer me his help without me even asking him. He is the only one who offered me anything without me requesting it actually. Anyway, I will speculate here a bit. Maybe the sigil is not the reason for what you are experiencing at all. Maybe there is something wrong with the ritual itself or maybe it’s just about your fear. It probably sounds too obvious and easier to say than to do but have you tried to find the reason for your fear and somehow remove it?
In any case, doing what Lady Eva proposed certainly won’t hurt.

What ritual are you using? How are you speaking to him?

I’ve only used goetic sigil to contact Belial and interestingly he would always offer me his help without me even asking him. He is the only one who offered me anything without me requesting it actually. Anyway, I will speculate here a bit. Maybe the sigil is not the reason for what you are experiencing at all. Maybe there is something wrong with the ritual itself or maybe it’s just about your fear. It probably sounds too obvious and easier to say than to do but have you tried to find the reason for your fear and somehow remove it?
In any case, doing what Lady Eva proposed certainly won’t hurt.[/quote]
The reason I get so anxious is I keep seeing these images in my head. I can’t make out what they are, but for some reason I feel horrible. Fear was a bad choice of word, I’m not afraid of the ritual or even really speaking with him. It’s just those images make me feel uneasy, in a sense of I don’t know what they are exactly but they seem familiar in an unsettling way. I don’t know really what could be wrong with the ritual. I might try doing it outside next time.

I meditate until my mind is void of everything, then gaze at the sigil while speaking “Lirach Tasa Vefa Wehlc, Belial” off and on every few seconds. Usually I get an answer within a minute or so. As for how I speak to him, I treat him with the utmost respect, but I also don’t act like a frightened child.

1 Like

I will be brief cause, as always, gotta bolt somewhere:

1. I have realized that the summoner creates his own experience. If you are afraid of offending spirits, you kinda get yourself in situations where you’ve managed to actually do it. You get like you approach.

2. Spirits are patient.

3. Fill him a drink of brandy (he mentioned brandy for some reason, was not keen on rum, dunno whym maybe some other forumites can shine some light on this).

4. Sometimes while sigils are useful, you can also easily call his attention by whispering his name internally. Do that and communicate from there, do it to see how different it feels from actually opening a sigil.

5. When calling, invite him like you would invite an idolized figure. Have some love for the spirits you call, some -how would I say this… - some cheer in contacting them. Like it is the best thing it ever happened to you (which if you’re honest, it is. Being answered from beyond the Veil is a pivotal point in anyone’s existence).

I used to get a hostile reaction from almost every spirit I summoned (evoked or otherwise) to the point that even Mepsitahl would appear screaming with a face disfigured by a mixture of extreme horror and disgust), and in the end I realized it all stemmed from my distrust and willingness to hurt spirits because I had the wrongful idea that “they’re out to get me” and other similar bullshit-tier reasons.

Sure, you may offend a spirit in the course of your practice. But keep in mind that just by showing willingness to make amends you will be getting better responses. You should treat spirits as someone wise and experienced who is a friend. A revered equal such as that “guy you hang around with and is cool but happened to be your chemistry teacher in high-school”. You know, with respect and closeness, with willingness to cooperate and cherish their presence in your life.

Because if you put them in a higher place than yourself, well, you will perceive bother as a cosmic sin, and that grovelling attitude won’t get you anywhere. Sure, they are great beings who have been around way before than us, they are mighty powerful, but so are you. And the last thing they want to see is someone that powerful behave timidly, especially Belial.

NOW, MY TAKE ON THIS: Belial loves to give you that push, and also loves to instill in you the sense of rebellion, that you should take life by its horns and steer it towards your goals. He wants you to have balls, you know, determination.

So instead of going “Oh lord of the East what can I do to appease you”, you should go “Oh lord of the East, let’s get down to business and we’ll get that stuff fixed along the way”.

That and, hey, don’t worry so much as the means of communication rather than the communication itself. He gets annoyed when you use that seal? Well, use another, say you’re sorry, and MOVE ON.

In either case, some spirits absolutely loathe certain people for no reason. He works well with Musta_Krakish here on the forums, as well as fke from what I read. He isn’t intolerable with me, but most of the time he appears to me with his arms crossed and goads me into having the balls to do things on my own rather than asking for his help.

Heck, he even once told me something along the lines of “you’re just being lazy”. He did not convey this by words, he used a vision, where I saw him in his usual stature and might, constrained by a circle rather than a triangle for some reason, and before him, I was cozily lying amidst pillows on the floor. Thing is, if Belial appears usually as a tall, strong man, I was so monstrously big and muscular in this vision that he was slightly over my navel’s height.

I do not claim whatsoever that Belial has told me that I am more powerful than him, keep in mind he did show me this vision as a mockery. As if telling me that what I was asking was well into my possibilities and that I was refusing to take risks out of laziness and cowardice. A way of saying “you son of a bitch get on your feet and stop calling me for bullshit”.

So dun worry man, you’ve got a whole telephone book worth of sigils to use. Apologize to Belial and if you find him too hardy to work with? Well, move on, there is no disrespect in that. You’ll surely work with him sometime later anyhow.

2 Likes

Amen to that - he is quirky, on our first meeting he marched into a dream and attacked me with (real) spirits of filth and disease… to see what I’d do. :\

I posted about it here.

I’ve got a lot of affection for him, I’d even go so far as to say love (even in his less comprehensible aspects) but he’s given to challenging the fuck out of you until you see where you’re holding yourself back.

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but in my personal opinion, there is a reason why you are seeing these images. It may or may not be related to or caused by Belial but I’m sure that it will be beneficial for you to get to the bottom of this and find out what is the cause of it. You’ve mentioned somewhere on this forum that you are doing martial arts. Look at it this way: when you are about to fight, the more attachments you have, more likely that you will be defeated. It doesn’t matter what is it, fear of defeat, fear of pain, fear of shame etc. I’ll give you an example, I used to practice muay thai for several years, I’ve never been particularly good at it to be honest, I did it for myself mainly… Anyway, the best result I had is when I’ve managed to rid off all the attachments at least for the period of a fight. And mind you I was up against a semi pro and I won that fight by a KO in second round. What helped me in particular is reading hagakure few days before and applying its philosophy. I hope this example will be close to you and will make more sense.

I don’t I can give you the Right or best answer, but I can give you my experiance, that you have had this validates my last about 5 month.
I spent a good 4 months trying to evoke Belial, Invoke him. Other than some feelings of “Irriatation”, I began noticing that every time i entered my Sanctum- the Goetic sigil on the right side of my alter would lways have the bottom push pin out and it would be hanging crooked. Sometimes within minutes. I changed pins, hammered it in harder, but everytime- the same thing. Meanwhile- the Dukante sigil on the Left of the alter, just fine- no issue. I finally took it down. From that foreward- Belial is in my Sanctum within 5 mins of my Opening- and as some know, things have been progressing undeniably very fast- and hoping to get a pact this week.
I would not say he is offended- but consider that the Goetic sigil, where it came from- and the rotten outlook and reason the judeochriistians have for it. Vs. the Dukante sigil- and the Respectful Elevated opinion behind it.
I would say- just take down the sigil, if you are wearing one- switch it, get rid of all Goetic Give it a couple more weeks paying carefully attn to everything. For me, I also enscribe one of my 3 pillar candles with the D. sigil- on day-night #1, when at the word “Vefa” the candle flame jumped up from the usual Mellow 1 inch- to 4 inches, “Dancing” with occasional sparks. It was a couple weeks later of enjoying this that I found out that was a good thing, which made me feel better since I had taken a 2nd of the 3- enscribed it, and they both would “Flare up and Dance” at the same time.
More powerful events have wonderfully happened. Wanting to get a blog going on it; but i can’t seem to get my drivers fixed and typing is a 3 words foreward- 2 paragraphs back hassle.
But Hope things work out- Belial seriously rocks- OH and one more thing- took me till last week to get the net; BALANCE YUR SANCTUM. It is great to have so much raw force and power going; but I know now why I get what I call “spiritual Hangovers”- kinda 'the party was headbangin great" but how did i get used for a punching bag from the inside when I awake the next day. i used to get it really badly- for days and days when working as a Veil Worker in the Mormon Temple of Necromancy in LA. Very few ever experiance anything there- but I am sure there has to be others like me- who sometimes wanna say- 'shit, no more of that!" and are clueless why.
Speed and Power !!

Great news! I used the Dukante sigil, which worked like 10 times faster, and Belial and I sorted things out. He even said he looks forward to working with me more, complimented me on my courage, and said I’ve been growing stronger in ways I apparently didn’t realize. He also pointed me in the direction of a few other entities to work with on developing my other skills.

That jumped out at me as a concern. Does this fear originate before or during the evocation? Has this happened with other evocations for different entities? You shouldn’t have any emotional focus during the evocation other than the outcome that you desire which will eventually be a command.

If you just need to clear the air of any potential issues you can simply scrawl the sigil and ask. And also ask if there’s a prefered method of doing the evocation such as better enns, sigils, incense, offerings, etc.

NOW, MY TAKE ON THIS: Belial loves to give you that push, and also loves to instill in you the sense of rebellion, that you should take life by its horns and steer it towards your goals. He wants you to have balls, you know, determination.

Once you past his tests…you will become more powerful than you could ever imagine…but he will make you work your ass off to earn it; that’s for sure, he holds keys to your own internal power.