Has anyone read the book 'My life with spirits'

If so, I would appreciate your opinions on it :joy:

4 Likes

If you mean the book by Lon Milo Duquette, I have indeed.

It is great. It is the story of Lon’s adventures in the occult, back before the internet.

3 Likes

I found it funny how he was totally wrecked by Belial for being ungracious and his friend trying to ‘Master’ Belial. He had 5 years of legal Hell. Just read the whole book over Xmas.

3 Likes

I love Lon’s books. They are well written and so full of life and humour. It’s no wonder he is so respected within the occult community.

I liked the story of his attempted evocation of Orobas. He gets cinnamon oil in his eyes and accuses the demon of doing it on purpose, and Orabas is just like, “dude, you put the oil on your forehead in a hot room. Common sense should tell you you will sweat.” lol

5 Likes

Great. It made me realise to never piss of Belial, I am doing my first evocation of him and this guys friend called him a ‘little fiend’ and referred to himself as Belials ‘Master’ I cringed at that and knew it was going to go bad after that. These old books are treasures

3 Likes

Yeah…that’s not going to go over too well with a demon whose name literally means “without a master.” lol

5 Likes

:rofl: lol! This makes me wanna read it!

1 Like

Exactly… :joy: This Man took a 5 year hit , Belial took out his entire life and business, wife everything. He had to do a disposal of the Seal he made into the Ocean to try and break the link and a Seagull caught it and flew off with it instead.

2 Likes

It’s free on the internet if you look. It is Ace

1 Like

To be fair to Belial, he gave this Man everything he asked for and when he got it, he basically told Belial to fuck off and referred to him as his slave. I can’t blame Belial really.

4 Likes

Nope. Can’t blame him at all. Some people just ask for it by ignoring simple courtesy. Makes me wonder if the guy ever actually read the Goetia. He should have known better. Belial’s description in there pretty much says he is not to be trifled with lol

4 Likes

Yes, this is why I have a healthy fear / respect with regards evoking him soon.

2 Likes

He’s actually a pretty good guy, if you keep in mind that you are evoking a demon that takes no shit from anyone. He can be stern but I like him a lot. @Eye_of_Ra is currently doing some deep work with him that she has posted a bit about.

Edit to add: Maybe this year I’ll finally have the guts to make a pact with him.

3 Likes

I meditated on his Enn yesterday and had his Sigil to see if I could feel him. I felt a strong pulsing energy quite quickly. Once I have got over my fears of saying or doing something stupid I will be fine like I am with Lucifer.

2 Likes

Lol I loved reading this book! It has sadness it has love it has comedy! It has magic! I laughed I cried I relate! What a read took a while to finish! I loved the funny parts :rofl: what happened with Orobas is hilarious especially the horses addiction part! The wrong elemental spirit he summoned was kind enough to show him that he got it reversed! And what Belial did to his friend! I was like lol I know what will happen! “Andromalius was a hero” " If your car gets stolen and you want it back (especially if it is a VW bus) it sure couldn’t hurt to evoke Andromalius."
:hugs: thanks for recommending the book!

1 Like

I found it online, what a Gem to find. I read it really quickly. Glad you liked it too.

2 Likes

Excellent book. I love his stuff.

2 Likes