Has anyone here tried Verse Shifting?

Verse Shifting, in the simplest terms, is shifting your soul into another timeline of yourself, and almost parasitically taking the old yous life. Not to make sound bad or anything, that’s just how it’s been described to me.

I don’t really have much knowledge of the aftermath of the ritual, if it works or not, or really anyone whose done it except for one person. It’s not something I would do myself, as I am happy in this timeline, and don’t feel a need to escape to another one. But on a slightly different note, I’ve heard it’s dangerous because you can accidentally break the timeline you escaped too, and you don’t have the ability to ‘backtrack’ to any of the old timelines you were in previously.

So does anyone have any knowledge on this?

Personally I don’t actually believe in other timelines more that the amount of choices does create temporary timelines but once you make a choice you’re on that course and that course merged into the alpha/main/ only solid timeline and the others don’t exist anymore. So theoretically you do kinda? But everyone shares a single timeline with their own temporary timelines that exist until they make a choice and that choice becomes part of the major timeline we all share.

Add-on: ofc with precognition you can look ahead and see the many choices you make that will benefit or detriment your main timeline before making the choice.

Yeah, I guess the ritual would stem pretty heavily on the caster believing in multiple timelines, infinite universe, etc. But (and I’m sorry I didn’t say this in the original post) the ritual had to do with creating a timeline for the caster to jump to, so if you created another timeline to become the alpha/main/solid/etc timeline, would that override the original alpha timeline?

I do believe in multiverse/infinite universes just not that we all have a self in it but more they each have their own forms of life in them or some have no life in them etc. however, I don’t think it would because the “alpha” timeline is the timeline we all occupy, if anything it would possibly create choices for you to take that will merge into said timeline we occupy so it becomes a definite part of your life kind of thing. If that makes sense? So yeah I don’t think a single person ritual can override a timeline occupied by everyone but atleast can create the temporary timelines for you to make the choices you want and have them merge into the “alpha” timeline. A friend of mine usually calls the temporary ones “beta” timelines.

Ah, I suppose the part I wasn’t factoring in was everyone exists on the same timeline. I guess I kinda forgot about other people again lol. But if you’re ‘creating’ these beta timelines and then merging them with the alpha timeline wouldn’t that cause pretty big ripple effects theoretically? Because, if we got by the Butterfly Effect theory, then all the choices we’ve made have caused other choices to be made, whether that’s by us or someone else, and so on. So wouldn’t the merging of the beta and alpha timeline really be too dangerous to try in case you like, somehow destroyed the world? But we’re also assuming that there is only one alpha timeline, but that’s a whole other can of worms.

Also, sorry to put this comment but, talking about timelines is like giving me flashbacks to Homestuck lol. If you don’t know what that is then please disregard this.

It depends whose involved in your choices then it will cause a snowball, for example you make a choice that harms you or someone that ripple effect will be those related to you or that someone will be effected in some way shape or form. It might not be big but it is an effect.

Lol I know what homestruck is yeah lol my boyfriend says my classpect matches Johns lol he doesn’t like that