Has anyone been initiated into Palo Mayombe?

How many caminos Lucero have in your house? In mine we have only four but some of our Tatas have the luceros for the front of the prenda, that is a guide for the nganga.

Right remember I’m some paths lucero May be a full ganga. I have heard of this situation before.

In my house palo monte con mayombe, we have lucero and nkuyu. Lucero has 21 caminos

I read and heard some tatas say that the idea of Lucero having 21 paths comes from Yoruba and that Lucero in bakongo practice is just one, bit the again I could be mistaken either way in our house we have 4 luceros that can be given and cuatro vientos which is a type of Lucero but is made in a hanging guira with feathers.

By the way thanks.

Ok I understand your answer, you are absolutely correct in that some houses have a mix with santo and palo. What I can tell you is this their are as many luceros as there are people. Some would laugh at that! There really is no specific on lucero or nkuyu. If your initiated then you know why! Now the luceros you mentioned I am aware of. To ask this question is to recieve the answer no con licencia . It’s a question you should ask your Tata. But I do appreciate the question.
Sambia Tolendo Sambia Takutare Yave Sambe malongo yaya

Sala malecum brother and thanks for the answer. I understand what you mean by being as many luceros as there are of people. I took your answer to see it. I understand. I called my tata and he cleared many things. I’m just asking and learning. I’m up for tata scratching so I need to get my act straight. The prenda thinks I’m ready and I’m grateful and humbled by it but at the same time I feel I need more knowledge. But yo confío en mi muerto.

Nsala Malecum brother. One question do you know where can I adquiere mercury. Here in Puerto Rico the suppliers of most things for Palo practice have closed down. So I’m looking for new suppliers.

Sambia yes you have to google old thermometer they carry drops of mercury but wear gloves and a mask over your nose . Mercury is very potent and dangerous. Don’t get on your skin. Some places have banned mercury. Some Botanica’s in ny cell but they have to know you. All you really need is one drop hermano. Also do not take any bath with this toxin people have died!

Sambia nzulu

Thanks so much. I understand the toxicity of mercury fumes so yes I’ll be very careful. I have seen places where they replace mercury with gallium. What would be your take on that. I have adquired 100 grams of mercury thanks to a university professor who is also a palero and he was able to import up to pound of it. But in his munsano is where they use gallium instead of mercury.

Sambia

Truthfully there is no substitute for mercury that I have heard of. The tools used are the same that they used in 1900s . So if u have to use just a drop or 3 and that’s it. My nso only uses mercury. But if the other works then ok. But I’m not too familiar with it so hard to speak on.
Malongo yaya

I’m not exactly sure where to post this but I think the spirits may have initiated me. I would love to speak to someone more in depth about this.

1 Like

I can hear and give you my humble opinion. Nsambi acutare

Thanks so much. I appreciate your counsel.

1 Like

With all due respect to all here and the various opinions expressed…Palo is all about working with the ancestors. You may have a strong Congo Spirit that walks with you…There is no problem if you bond with and work with your spirit, but in Palo the initiation its self does things that bond you with that spirit…I cant discuss the initiation, but it’s just physically impossible to scratch yourself into Palo…You need someone to do it…so you can practice the religion to a degree and you can work with the spirits, you can do a lot of stuff, but the actual initiation is an ordeal ritual that must be performed on you.

2 Likes

I understand your position as an initiate of palo I share some of your views. At the same time if you study the traditions of the bakongo you will see that they had sorcerer people who worked the tradition without formal initiation. Those where fears as being evil since they did not had the formal permission. Now also analyzing nkimba or the scratching all you get is initiation into the linage of your godfather and a pact with you tatas spirit. That does not mean you can’t work it without initiation. If in doubt find someone who has a nkiso nfuiri or spiritual cauldron and have them do a reading and some work for you and gage the results. You will be surprised. Since palo is the mysteries of nature all have access to it as all are part of nature. But not all are for palo. Not all have a calling for this tradition. True initiation happens when you become tata nkisi and you get presented in the various places where you pick your secreto. The other stuff is ceremony and tradition. Going to the places of power and communing with the forces and gathering your secrets is the true initiation. In my house the future tata has to spend three nights in the Monte at the feet of a Ceiba and then one night at the cementary sleeping on top of the grave that will become your Nfumbe.

3 Likes

Where every one go? covid?

Welcome back @anthony_perez It’s been three years, but you never properly introduced yourself back in 2018 when you were asked to, so before you make any more posts, CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any magical experience you have, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc.

handIntro

He meant with not white

I think people just lost interest in the topic.