Harpocrates/Horus Sigil

Guys hi. I am new and this is a general question i have about how to invoke in general. As an example here i will use Harpocrates/Horus. I see Harpocrates is the hellenic equivalent to the egyptian Horus. If i want to invoke Harpocrates, will using Horus’ sigil work? Also are they supposed to be different deities? Should i be expecting anything different if i invoke in the name of one or the other? I see Harpocrates does not have a sigil anyway. Or at least one on the internet. Also anyone who has performed succesful invocation if you don’t mind sharing your method and maybe what i should be expecting? Thank you.

Yes they are different deities even if there are similarities between them. If you use Harpocrate’s sigil you’ll invoke Harpocrates, not Horus.

You can create your own sigil for any spirit if you can’t find one. The sigil is a symbol, it’s nothing more than that. How many different statues are there for Horus? The same thing with sigils. What’s important is that you use the correct name and have the right deity in mind. Anything else helps but you can perform a successful evocation or invocation with it.

This book is very useful when it comes to creating sigils :

“Sigil Witchery: A Witch’s Guide to Crafting Magick Symbols” By Laura Tempest Zakroff

This is an easy method you can use …

Give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like