Happy Jól 2020!

Everybody both heathen and non-heathen, I wish you guys a happy Jól this year!

Today is the first Jól celebrated by me in this life.
Although I know that Jól has no fixed date, I chose to celebrate it on Winter Solstice this year which is today(this is December 21st here now).

So I’m doing my own Jól celebrations.
Last night I cleansed myself three times with bodywash containing salt, rose oil, lavender and other things, and did transcription of Rúnatal 139 and 141. I’ll continue the writing today.
And I’m planning to do other things like chanting the Rúnatal, baking cookies in the shape of yule log, and some other indoor activities like… I don’t know them now! Holy Allfather will teach me what they are.

Although currently, the cursed virus is preventing us to do a Jólablót.
And I assume that I’m not the only heathen who is undergoing a financial crisis due to pandemic situation.
What’s more is that I wouldn’t be able to do it, even if the virus was gone and my purse was full, because nobody shares the same belief with me in this country!

Yet I think that if our souls are happy and satisfied during pandemic Jól, it will be worth performing a Jólablót.
Our Allfather who is Jólnir will be content by our bravery which will not wither during the pandemic.
Skál!

6 Likes

Skál!

2 Likes

My first Jól meal.
Bread, eggs, boar meat, mulberry jam, ketsup and mayonnaise, and a little alcholic drink… The Prunus mume tea.
Skál everyone!

2 Likes

Skál!

1 Like