Grimoric books and magickal books suggestion for beginner

Dear Forum,

I would like some suggestion from experienced magicians as to which magick books I could use to practice invocation and evocation of the Darker side, Lucifer (although hes not all dark imo, lol), Azazel, Lilith, King Paimon, Clauneck, well you get the idea, Infernal spirits and Gods, I am a beginner in this area, which grimoires would you suggest me? and in which setting should i perform? hotel? etc.

Thank you

3 Likes

I recommend EA’s Evoking Eternity to learn the basics of evocation. His method is good for all types of spirits, and is not specific to any current (like the draconian current, Qlippoth, etc)

From there, I recommend the grimoires Kingdoms of Flame and the Book of Azazel. Each book contains many powerful and helpful spirits.

4 Likes

are there any dangers in posessing such books, i had looked for the book of azazel but its 900 in amazon lmao

great reviews

1 Like

No. They’re just books. There is no danger.

You can get them on Amazon Kindle for much cheaper, or through BALG itself. I don’t know where you got the $900, but my Amazon is showing the BOA for $35 in paperback, and $10 in Kindle.

1 Like

May Lucifer guide me…

You’ll get them cheaper in amazon. E.A. Has his own become a living god stuff!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=e.a.+koetting&sprefix=e.a.+k&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

1 Like

As a crash course in to occultism I’d suggest the following books in order:

• Prometheus Rising - Robert Wilson
  • Psychic Self Defense - Dion Fortune
  • Liber Jugorum - Aleister Crowley
  • Liber ThIShARB - Aleister Crowley
  • Secret of the Golden Flower - Thomas Cleary version
  • Astral Dynamics - Robert Bruce
  • Visual Magick - Jan Fries
  • Chicken Qabalah - Lon Milo DuQuette
  • Awakening Ground - David Chaim Smith
  • Cheiro’s Book of Numbers - Cheiro
  • Liber 777 - Aleister Crowley
  • Yoga of Power - Julius Evola
  • Three Books of Occult Philosophy - Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
  • Magick (Book 4 Part 2) - Aleister Crowley
  • Works of Darkness - EA Koetting
  • One Year Manual - Israel Regardie
  • Rape of the Archangels - EA Koetting
  • Real Alchemy - Robert Bartlett
  • Kali Kaula - Jan Fries
  • Complete Book of Demonolatry - S. Connolly
  • Daemonolatry Goetia - S. Connolly
  • Lesser Key of Solomon - Joseph Peterson version
  • The Book of Abramelin - Dehn/Guth version NOT Mathers version
  • Liber Lilith - Donald Tyson

I would take Liber Lilith with a grain of salt, as it’s a bit woo, but, it does provide a pre-built pathworking system for dealing with Lilith specifically until you can build a connection with Her yourself and establish your own personal system.

This should cover the basic stuff enough to get you started out.

12 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, but we’re in a sort of occultist forum, how does a book gets to be a bit woo? Is it new age-ish or something like that?

1 Like

All I can say is read it if you haven’t, you’ll see what I mean. The pathworking is fine, it’s just the section with Steiger’s journal that gets a bit out there. :joy_cat:

1 Like

whats your take on Goetia Pathworking: Magickal Results from The 72 Demons

1 Like

Evoking Eternity is a good recommendation. :+1:

Get that first and work through it, then see what you need. Buy from need, not want, or “that looks like a shiny thing” :smiley: and you’ll save a fortune, and a lot of guilt over wasted money and unread books.

3 Likes

ok thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have just bought evoking eternity and angelick perotection magick

2 Likes

Yay! :+1:

2 Likes

@Lady_Eva I thought I was the only one who felt bad for getting a book and not getting around to reading it, nice to know I’m not alone :joy:

2 Likes

I did that a lot in my white light days because that tends to rely more on absorbing other people’s ideas and beliefs, though I always eventually got round to finishing them.

But I now have probably the world’s smallest occult library, at least for a practicing magician who’s not short of money and space, and lives in a country where you can get this stuff delivered like it’s a bag of groceries! :laughing:

Honestly I prefer to make my own stuff up, rituals and methods even, that was how I got started and it’s stood me in good stead, as it turns out. :thinking:

That said, Evoking Eternity is a keystone book that will save trial and error, and I would recommend it to anyone. Also, Hermetic Magic by Stephen Flowers, and above all, The Kybalion PDF, archived link (we don’t trade PDFs on here as a general rule but this one is okay, the text is out of copyright and the edition was given for download from the site that created it).

2 Likes

Lol yeah I’m short on both of those things. slowly building up my “library” as my access to money and space grows. I say library but there’s like 6 books and I’ve got scraps of paper and notes going back from years ago from unfinished poems, old experiments when I was teaching myself chemistry and (some) physics, and lists of books and websites, all mixed in with random projects, and notes from various Magik related sources, concerning a bunch of different topics. One of my friends likes to joke that I remind him of a magikal mad scientist XD In all honesty I’m totally cool with that description XD

3 Likes