Greetings [Introduction]

Hello there, I’m Abutiu. This forum is mentioned in various places around the surface web so I thought I’d give it a try. I’m 28, live in the US, and have a variety of interests which include technology, philosophy, and the creative arts.

My background is a little complicated as it has scarcely defined boundaries with no overarching pattern or directive other than pure exploration. It began thirteen years ago and initially there were youthful interests which propelled in me in specific directions, but the more I experienced and grew the less I cared about defining myself and my practice within the confines of a singular path. I am open to everything and everyone (within reason) for the sake of unadulterated growth. This is not to say I do not have primary interests, but rather those interests do not compel me to shy away from the unfamiliar nor do they consume all of my spiritual efforts. Quite the opposite. These days there is no better way to express this other than saying I would like to ride the spiral until the end, regardless of the outcome… And yes, my nose has been clipped a number of times :slight_smile:.

Over the years I have been fortunate enough to expose myself to and learn the various “schools” or primary types of most magical practices at their immediate conceptual and moderately functional foundations. However, I naturally fall into an offensive archetype and am the most skilled in this area due to my individual nature. Outside of offensive workings, I excel at divinatory, obfuscatory, and blood-related magic. I am the least experienced at the healing arts, as it is heavily contrasting to my primary functionality as a being.

My current research, and subsequently my primary area(s) of interest, has diverted heavily from the macro and gone deep within the micro aspects of the metaphysical. I care very little about something working. Instead, I want to know why it works. I want to deconstruct the process to its core mechanisms, and then deconstruct those mechanisms as well if applicable. This does not appear to be a popular mindset in most occult communities, but I am holding out hope that there are those out there with similar interests. This deconstructive effort is both reflected in and born out of a highly deconstructive thought process, which permeates through every aspect of this life. Even though it is a direction, I would consider it very broad still. Encompassing all energies and uses of those energies.

I am often pegged as being an “absurdist” when it comes to philosophical alignment and I would consider it apt, I suppose. Thorough discourse in good faith is my “happy place”, and I encourage discussion at any given time as it is yet another avenue for exploration. People are just as interesting as the metaphysical.

Right now, I am looking to expand my horizons and delve deep within necromantic efforts. There was some exposure many years ago, around the same time I was learning blood magic, but sadly there was much growth to be had before the concepts could be approached in earnest by myself. This has left a “gap” in that area, and I would very much like to not only educate myself but actively practice these types of workings. The medium itself could add (will add, rather) a swath of potential avenues for my primary research.

And I guess that’s enough about me… or maybe not! Feel free to ask questions.

7 Likes

Welcome :blush:

It is said all cognitive activity occurs according to the principle of sufficient reason, that is, that nothing is without a reason for being. You define your spiral yet desire no outcome, just a little curious :thinking:

Please do use the search function as you will be able to delve into a huge amount of resource on this topic.

Earlier on in your introduction you describe your background as scarcely defined boundaries with no over reaching pattern, but you then seem to have clear boundaries for growth, no judgment just intrigued to your Philosophy behind this.

In my personal opinion this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Enjoy the forum :blush:

Thanks for your response. This quoting system is interesting, and new to me, so hopefully I’ve managed to figure it out… but if not I’ll get it next time haha.

It is said all cognitive activity occurs according to the principle of sufficient reason, that is, that nothing is without a reason for being. You define your spiral yet desire no outcome, just a little curious :thinking:

You are quoting the Principle of Sufficient Reason, of which I am familiar with at its base, but I don’t necessarily agree with every aspect of its outline as it is a deterministic philosophy that ignores various aspects of the very nature of ontological experience. If you individually adhere to this philosophical tool, then yes it may be reasoned from that position that there must be (a) “reason” for an action. For me, there is no predetermined/predesired outcome. The experience itself of riding the spiral is the “goal”, if one must adhere this concept to it, and the eventual outcomes are unknowable. There is no care or interest in where it eventually leads. I am here for an experience, good or bad, as they are presented to me from outside currents/influences and I care not what they are.

Earlier on in your introduction you describe your background as scarcely defined boundaries with no over reaching pattern, but you then seem to have clear boundaries for growth, no judgment just intrigued to your Philosophy behind this.

My growth has been sporadic and has been gained from various paths, approaches, and individuals that I have had contact with over the years. I spent the majority of my youth travelling under less than appreciated circumstances, but it afforded me “variety”, in that I was exposed to countless things that collectively came together to be that “growth”. My modern person and interests reflect that, and while at this moment there is a “general direction”, it can change course at any time and I would readily go along with the new path. This has occurred multiple times in the past. It is also, and has always been, multidisciplinary. Constantly building off of each individual influence to change into and become a larger, more coherent amalgamation of the predecessing information. The only definition is that there is a loose definition, and sometimes no definition at all :slight_smile:. Over the years my “research” has altered course many a time, and I suspect that it inevitably will again.

Hi Abutiu, welcome to the forum :wave:t5:

2 Likes

I really love TOOL too. Check out song. “Jimmy”.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Welcome @Abutiu

So what, exactly, do you practice? In your post, you dance around with a lot of vague allusions, without naming anything specific beyond “blood magick and offensive works.” Is that your primary practice?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

3 Likes

I’m glad someone got the reference :). Over the years it has become an adopted philosophy as I find a lot of inherent value in the concept of experiencing “just to experience”. Motives lead to biases which tend to get in the way of just being alive. The “spiral” has become a symbol, in a sense, of trying to refrain from such things and living earnestly at every opportunity.

1 Like

I think it would be easier to describe exactly what I don’t practice, but that could be a little reductive so I’ll refrain from doing so. As mentioned in my introduction, I’ve been fortunate enough to be exposed to wide variety of workings and systems. Naturally over time I developed the best when I was learning from all of them, and finding what was useful in each. It’s sort of created a JOAT situation, although I definitely have strengths and weaknesses. Which reflect in what I engage with the most, although I am trying to rectify the latter through continued educational efforts.

The very notion of “practice” has certain implications which are a direct antithesis to how I go about energy work and exploration (as in, concerning the self with only a select few endeavors), so I apologize if it’s not such a clear cut response from me in turn. As mentioned in my introduction, I do a wide variety of workings as necessary but do actively engage in divination, obfuscatory applications in misc. energy workings, and blood magic if you wanted to have a quasi “list” of what I am currently up to that doesn’t include my primary research. But I am not aligned to one particular path and I would not say that my activities are limited to any select few practices. All of those things can be used in various paths and have unique expressions of their own, depending on where you are coming from. It has been of great value to learn of how those expressions differ, as well. Divination alone has so many mediums.

My offensive nature also allows me to apply myself in various arenas, and I have spent many years within a guardian archetype for others. I’m not sure if this archetypal occupation could be considered a “practice”, however. More so a way of living. I’m interested in practicing necromancy, though :slight_smile:. Although I figure it will eventually become a part of the overall thread which currently exists. A unified, multidisciplinary effort. My current research requires that, even, by its very nature.

I do apologize if this is equally as vague. I think I’d just rather give my earnest thoughts on the matter, which obviously embody my current mindset. I’m also open to further discussion if desired.

*to embrace what ever may come" yeah I totally get you :sunglasses:

1 Like