Greetings! :) I'm new here

I’m a little bit scattered brained when it comes to introducing myself. I work full-time in customer services. I love pomegranates.

I’m here after watching YouTube on witchcraft. I’m interested in finding out more about witchcraft to create my craft.

Welcome.

Please tell us more about yourself and your experience in magick.

How old are you?

Are you a complete beginner?

If not, what do you practice?

How long have you practiced?

What areas of magick are you most interested in?

What brings you to BALG?

What goals or struggles are you looking to magick to help with?

1 Like

A: Well, I am the most scattered brained person you’ll ever meet. I can lay down my keys and forget where I put them. Same thing with my glasses.

I have zero experience. I just stumbled across a YouTube video and was intrigued. I tried to do this binary beats thing to open up my mind, all it did was give me a headsche. :rofl:

So, did some research on the web and stumbled across this site. Looked interesting. :blush:

How old are you?

A: I’m in my 30’s. Such an old fart for trying to figure myself out! :roll_eyes:

Are you a complete beginner?

A: Yep. Brand new.

If not, what do you practice?

A: Well, currently nothing. Except is eating ice cream and watching Netflix considered a practice? :rofl::joy: LOL!

How long have you practiced?

A: Two whole weeks. With zero success. Nothing happened. :yum:

What areas of magick are you most interested in?

A: There are different areas! I was trying the binary beats to see my future. All I got was a huge headache. :neutral_face:

I need help! Please, and thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What brings you to BALG?

A: Well, not sure. Was just doing some research. And this popped up. Read through some posts and thought, seems interesting. I literally just watched a YouTube video and tried this binary beats thing to open up my mind. I came out with a headache. :grin:

What goals or struggles are you looking to magick to help with?

A: Well, to be less scattered brained, for one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Two, feel peace. Third, see my future.

2 Likes

Thank you for a most thorough elucidation of your experience and welcome to the rabbit hole :slight_smile:

Binaural beats (I assume that is what you mean by “binary beats”) take time to work and should be used at least twice a day so your brain adapts to them. Headaches are not uncommon with their use though, and they do not work for everyone.

Your 30’s is not too old to try and figure yourself out. I’m in my 40’s and still haven’t learned anything :slight_smile:

For scattered brain syndrome, I recommend what is known as one pointed meditation. Light a candle of any colour and simply try to hold your complete focus on the flame, pushing any other thought out of your mind. Do this once or twice every day for a few minutes, extending the amount of time eventually to 20 minutes, and your mind will sharpen quite dramatically.

We have a lot of great beginner resources so take full advantage of the search function in the upper right.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh!! :smiley: Nice!! TY!

Binaural Beats! Not binary beats! (See, told ya, scattered brained. :rofl::joy:) Got it! :blush: Do you have any suggestions on which ones to try? And how are they used normally?!

1 Like

Binaural beats mainly stimulate your brain with various sound frequencies to put you into an altered state of consciousness. As I stated above, they are usually listened to daily for best results.

I don’t use them so I cannot recommend any to try. The quality of what is available on YouTube is pretty hit and miss and all you can do is try out as many as you can until you find something that works for you.

1 Like

TY. :grin:

I’ll research that out!

1 Like

Okay, dude!!! :joy::rofl: Just researched Binural beats. I’m going to start off with the candle. No way I can do the beats with my brain!

1 Like

Like until I have control of my brain!

1 Like

Good for you :slight_smile:

One final bit of advice I have is don’t be impatient and don’t worry if you constantly lose focus. It will be challenging in the beginning, even for those whose thinking is not scattered, so just remember that every time your mind wanders, and you realise it and bring it back to the candle, you are being successful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might be better buying actual CDs, Monroe Institute sell them for example, and have several designed to help with meditation, and astral projection etc.

All their stuff is pretty high quality.

3 Likes

:grin: I probably needed to hear that!

On grocery list now: Buy candle! :white_check_mark:

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Ohhhhh! Nice! Didn’t know they had CD’s! :blush::grin:

I cannot meditate very well! :joy::rofl: So, I’ll start out small with the candle thing!

2 Likes