Greek Gods

Greetings Untethered,

My obsession with Greek mythology began when I was a child.
I recently began working with Hekate after my small spark of curiosity with her began to burn brighter and brighter. Through some deep soul searching I realized that she had been speaking to me in my dreams since I was very young. I have invoked her aid twice within the past week with two spells involving sigils; one was minor but produced great results, and the second involved dream magick and I got excactly what I was searching for the same night. Before even working closely with her I drew up a spell and method of removing obstacles, and just a few days ago I finished the prayer to invite her into my space and beseech her for aid.

So far, my results with her have been quite positive.

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦ to my knowledge the ancient greeks didnt call upon the gods and if they did only Poseidon and Hekate would answer. Maybe ill try this.

1 Like

Who says that? All these temples, celebrations, hymns, poetries etc etc were made for the exact same reason. To communicate with the Gods. Definitely not only Poseidon and Hecate responded, actually Hecate was considered as a minor deity back then, not many people worshipped her.
Only the underworld gods were never called, it was forbidden in many occasions to even speak their name.

3 Likes

Agreed. Hecate, for example, was considered a titan and thus an enemy to the Olympian gods so not that popular.

2 Likes

Exactly. And many of her aspects were given at her much much later.
Speaking of underworld gods I would propose for our necromancers to check the Necromanteion of Ephyra the only ā€œtempleā€ devoted to these gods.

3 Likes

Theres a difference between praising an entity and calling an entity and it coming. Did anyone ever stop to think that people werent meant to call these gods? And that is why the gods were on mount olympus where people were forbidden? Ask someone from the region first i reckon you get a similar answer.

Similar to yaweh in aspects zeus kinda was destructive and sporadic in theology, moreso the father of gods than of man.

It would make much sense for people to worship him and the others out of fear

Ehem. I am from the region. Iā€™m Greek, living in Greece. And I repeat that ancient Greeks did not just praise them, unless the words ā€œCome blissful God/Goddessā€ itā€™s just a praise for you. I donā€™t know any Gods of any culture living next to your house so youā€™re able to go visit them any time you like.

2 Likes

Theology also says titans arent all bad and compares them to fallen angels in ways like ā€œatlas forever bearing the weight of the worldon his shoulders, or promethius stealing fire for manā€

Do you have the greek translation? Id like to try

You mean the english one? I could try and find it, for which God youā€™re interested?

1 Like

Yes i have a friend in need of a lightning storm for a specific ritual, and I believe Zeus could help if you are from greece and know greek that would be helpful.

1 Like

Iā€™ll check out what I can find and Iā€™ll pm you.

Done and done, you have a pm

2 Likes

Silent I assume gods and titans have aspects of your brain they can unlock right?

Havenā€™t tried, but theoretically yes.

Yes. Very much so. Hyperion did this during my evocation of himā€¦because I figured while he was there Iā€™d ask him.

3 Likes