Graveyard dirt collection under the Blood Moon

It’s kind of late, but is collecting any graveyard dirt under the blood moon anymore potent than at any other given time?

I want to collect some for my St. Cyprian altar in particular. So if I can’t get any at witching hour, I might go later in the day.

If anyone is doing this and has success let me know how it went.
Thanks

I’ve collected dirt from various places ranging from banks to polics stations, to abondoned asylums and, like your question, graveyards.

When going into a graveyard at night there is always a small twinge of fear in the back of your head, especially around the witching hour. You have a feeling you do not want to be there due to conditioning and propaganda from a young age about graveyards, zombies, ghosts, and evil things happening at night. Combine them all together with what us members are doing and you can expect your brain to warn you about going there. Indoctrination and fear grows it’s roots in deep.

I have not collected dirt under a blue moon, but I have collected graveyard dirt at a very late hour. I have done it twice, once by myself and another time when a friend of mine (who was finishing up his Bachelors in History) wanted to see certain graves. Both times I collected the dirt quite quickly: the time I went to do this by myself I had a small gardening hand shovel and the time I went with my friend I just scooped up some with my hands and put the dirt in one of my pockets (cargo camo pants come in handy).

Might I ask why you are collecting graveyard dirt? Further information can definetly allow me and others to aid you and give more advice regarding this fun late-night activity.

I already have a collection of dirt already from various sources including graveyard dirt that I have not collected personally but purchased elsewhere.

There are a couple of reasons I want to collect this dirt myself.

I want to gather this dirt from a crossroads at the cemetery and not from some ones gravesite. This dirt for me carries multiple uses as it can aid me in a focal point in my meditation similar to that practiced in Chod in Tibetan Buddhism.

The other reason is to use this dirt as a base or bedding inside a cauldron that I will use to place a St. Cyprian Statue in for my altar.

I have problems being guided to a site or crossroads, my intuition is weak right now. Its weird sometimes I can meditate and sometimes I can’t. Sometimes I have dreams trying to tell me something and sometimes I don’t get anything.

Anything you can help me out with?

I already have a collection of dirt already from various sources including graveyard dirt that I have not collected personally but purchased elsewhere.

There are a couple of reasons I want to collect this dirt myself.

I want to gather this dirt from a crossroads at the cemetery and not from some ones gravesite. This dirt for me carries multiple uses as it can aid me in a focal point in my meditation similar to that practiced in Chod in Tibetan Buddhism.

The other reason is to use this dirt as a base or bedding inside a cauldron that I will use to place a St. Cyprian Statue in for my altar.

I have problems being guided to a site or crossroads, my intuition is weak right now. Its weird sometimes I can meditate and sometimes I can’t. Sometimes I have dreams trying to tell me something and sometimes I don’t get anything.

Anything you can help me out with?[/quote]

With what I have seen and read most of the time someone goes out for graveyard dirt it has to do with folk magic revolving around power or money or, especially with the crossroads, an offering to Satan (usually of wine and/or an egg if you go with the folklore).

One thing to be weary about, which I assume you already know judging by what you have said, is that taking dirt from a graveyard could carry with it some negative energy or connection to a spirit. Make sure the dirt you getting is not of a grave or, if it is, ask the spirit for permission. Bring some candies just in case and leave them as an offering. Better safe than sorry.

As for the statue bedding and dirt. . . this is where it can become very particular. If you go along with Astrology you can try and match the material of the statue with the dirt’s position and when you collected it in relation to an astrological chart. To be safe I would at least make sure that no two planets are fighting that correspond to what you are doing. Avoid the 180 degrees death shot.

As for finding a crossroads if you mean a literal crossroads one should not be too hard if you find a map or, better yet, Google Maps. Yes, this sounds a bit like a cop-out answer but this is something that has worked for someone I knew who worked with Hectate. He would always search online for the crossroads and then go out to offer wine. If you are trying to meditate upon this, possibly astral travel around to find it, I found from my friend Chrysallis that the spirits of the graveyard can actually try and interfere with this during certain cycles of the moon. Tonight is the beginning of the Blood Moon, the moon being 99% full waxing. Does this correspond to some hightened activity (like in the game Dead Rising)? I cannot answer that.

So, to tl;dr all of this: make sure the dirt is not around or on a grave (if it is ask permission from the spirit and bring some candies), try to find a crossroads with a map or map app, and also work with manuvering around the spirits. Perhaps wait a week for them to begin calming down if the full moon is a cause?

A final note I will add, but it is something I have yet to try, is that you can make your presence known in the graveyard as a magician/witch by following the witch initiation/man in black rights in Gemma Gary’s “The Devil’s Dozen.” This will give you a connection to the graveyard and the spirits will leave you alone to do whatever work you need to do, even if it is just collecting dirt. Of course this is a lot of trouble to get some crossroads graveyard dirt, but you can then come back to the graveyard to possibly do more. . . I will leave that up to you.