Graveyard dirt as altarpiece?

Hey all! I’m slowly finalizing my altar - I still have some stuff to purchase and consecrate and all…

In the background there’s a pot which I used as an incense holder; it worked much better than the single stick holder I have and I can put as many sticks of incense as I can fit the pot…

My new ‘chalice’ and ‘incense holders’ arrived and though the middle one will be the designated chalice, the two cups on it’s sides would be the new incense holders, which I’ll have to put some dirt in to give the incense a stable hold.

I was thinking about getting grave dirt to use as the bedding for these cups, but as I’ve followed the topics going on here I knew that it’s used for cursing (mostly). My question is: would it be better to just use ‘normal’ dirt or dirt from a crossroads instead of graveyard dirt to have laying on my altar?

In the future I want to work with ancestral spirits and delve into necromancy, so I thought about looking up the etiquette on how to collect dirt from my grandmother’s grave - how much would it affect non-necromantic operations/rituals?

1 Like

Nice ! It’s pretty .

You can use whatever you like. Whatever means more to you and whatever you feel more called to use. Use your intuition. The answer is already within. I feel as if you might lean more towards graveyard dirt. It does hold more energy than normal dirt, because it’s from where the dead lay and roam.

With ancestral spirits, I’d definitely use the graveyard dirt. They don’t make much of a difference, but, like I said, the graveyard dirt would definitely hold a little more energy.

Hm. It wouldn’t affect anything that much. It’ll just grow in energy and make it stronger. More useful. Kind of like a talisman.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: At first I was leaning more to graveyard dirt, but dirt from a crossroads feel more neutral - I may get one bagful of crossroads dirt first and when I’ll start working with necromancy I’ll get graveyard dirt.