Grave sucking

I’ve heard tales and such about how if you know a powerful person who died, and you want whatever gifts, talents, or powers they had, you simply had to lay atop their grave for an entire night, and then you’ll suck up whatever powers they had. I’m not a grave person anyway, so for full disclosure this is filled by pure curiosity. However, I would like to know if there is any realize antecedent to this

Um…no.

How would you draw out their power just by laying on their grave? All you would draw up, as far as my knowledge of energy work goes, would be the Earth beneath you. If it was that easy to gain power, every mage would do it.

However, the bones of people of power are well known to hold some of that power after death, and for that reason they are sought after relics, especially for the purposes of necromancy. Monasteries will fight over the tiniest piece of bone from a saint, for example, because even that bit carries with it a blessing of power.

Edit to add: I know little of necromancy so perhaps there is a technique where this is possible.

6 Likes

What is with…eh…cremated bodies? :smiley:

2 Likes

Imagine how funny it would look if cemeteries were covered with mages trying to absorb the tiniest bits of power.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m being dead serious, but is it a joke, cuz I don’t get the punchline. :+1:

1 Like

We roll them up and smoke them.

4 Likes

I sure hope this was intentional. :smiley:
DarkestKnight kinda gave best reply so far, the rest of us are just being dicks about it.

3 Likes

I am actually not joking, but what power would there be left to consume if the person below the grave had been actually cremated?

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I would say an urn with cremated remains makes excellent focus and good for ancestral worship.

2 Likes

Yeah you can suck that stuff up but the sleeping on the grave thing is unnecessary. The biggest limiter will be your own skill and efficiency with the power.

1 Like

I think this may be an off shoot of an old celtic/norse idea where it was believed that sleeping on burial mounds could help one contact the deceased. I don’t know about absorbing power in itself but it could be a way for one to learn new forms of magic through the knowledge of the deceased.

5 Likes

That would be good for contacting the dead or ancestor worship, as others have mentioned.

But as @DarkestKnight mentioned, only first- and perhaps second-class relics (using the Catholic classification of relics) would help.

First class relic: bone, skin, hair, and the like
Second class relic: something used by the deceased (clothes, book, jewelry)
Third class relic: something touched to a first class relic

4 Likes

In the practice of necromancy in all its aspects of ritualistic expression, such as vodoo, paleria, crossed spiritualism and santeria / in part of its codification, nothing is expressed that way to drive a dead man.
That is a fallacy, the spiritual virtues of the dead only with those granted to the line of their genealogical line or those that by covenants are marked to receive their coverage and support their ability or essence is never transferred to a vessel, it is kept apart with respective attention and of its energetic presence it is passed through ordination rituals to a recipient and much less if the consent of the dead person, who must authorize the entire procedure.
When the dead person agrees, he is then told to work with his essence and ability that remains linked to his disembodied essence: the dead are not asked, the dead are commanded!

A lot of the more gangsta sects of Taoism use marrow, bones, and, organs, of powerful people to make medicines which aid cultivation.

3 Likes

And absorbing energy from places considered “sacred” (which the grave of a powerful/venerated person would qualify as) is pretty common all things considered.

1 Like

What do you mean by cultivation? I’ve been interested in this topic but I never got a good understanding of it.

Cultivation in a nutshell is training the mind/body/spirit to transcend the limitations humans are trained to place on themselves by being raised (usually) by ignorant people that don’t understand the greater spiritual truths of the world, to become a living god.

1 Like

Thank you, that was actually a good explanation of what it is. But now I gotta figure out how to train this way. I guess just like I would train my Astral senses, for example. I suppose they do this by meditation in the eastern part of the world, mainly?

Meditation, visualization, qigong/yoga, physical conditioning, alchemy via traditional medicines, dietary changes, mundane routine changes, changing who and how you interact with among people. Honestly, I find Prometheus Rising by RA Wilson to be a helpful read in understanding the nuances/purpose in doing so.

1 Like