Good Spirits to Work With? [For A Beginner]

For a beginner are there any spirits you would recommend to work with?

I know obviously there are so many that It might seem like a silly question … BUT what demons/angels/entities have you worked with when you were a beginner?

And most importantly which entities should you stay away from?

Belial seems like an interesting character, but I get the feeling that beginners should stay away from trying to work with him - thoughts ?

1 Like

Gods - specifically the Egyptian ones, they can hear you without fancy evocation work and many are committed to helping people in their ascent. If the Egyptian gods don’t appeal to you, ancestral gods or benevolent spirits from ancestral cultures, and contacting your own ancestors as well is a good idea.

Personally, I’d advise getting into one solid relationship with a god or goddess who you like, trust, and respect, and then they will be able to guide you on your next move.

And most importantly which entities should you stay away from?

There’s probably not a single rule here that applies to everyone - some people have a natural connection to certain spirits, but it’s best to learn some kind of divinatory method and enquire of that before working with a new spirit.

The Book Of Fate (tutorial & downloadable copy here) can advise you along those lines, and doesn’t require overt psychic ability to begin with.

Belial seems like an interesting character, but I get the feeling that beginners should stay away from trying to work with him - thoughts ?

Definitely one to do a reading on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Funny, as a beginner it was a challenge for me to work with Gods/Goddesses. I figured that it was because they were among the furthest away from our plane and so vast that they are slow to respond. Or maybe it was the ones I chose. However I can vouch for the ease of working with the deities of ancestors, and your ancestors themselves, as there are already links to work with.

Speaking of distances to our plane, when I was starting out it was suggested to me to look to the ones that reside in closest proximity to us. Elemental spirits of fire, air, water, earth; genii loci, etc. They are already here around us, don’t require complex initiation or skill, and from what I can tell they respond quickly.

But I agree with Lady E. There’s probably not a single rule that applies to everyone, and your natural connection to certain spirits will also be a factor. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Gods - specifically the Egyptian ones, they can hear you without fancy evocation work and many are committed to helping people in their ascent.[/quote]

I have done some searches on Google but I haven’t been able to find much on them.
Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?

Are there sigils out there for Egyptian gods? Other than just Set.

[quote=“DeathWish, post:4, topic:6344”]I have done some searches on Google but I haven’t been able to find much on them.
Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?[/quote]

List of Egyptian gods and goddesses - simple but comprehensive.

You can make sigils using planetary kameas, but generally no, these are gods, sigils are (arguably) a relatively new concept dating from when lists of “demons” were compiled into grimoires by people who were either Christian (or of another Abrahamic faith) or at least were pretending to be, to avoid persecution - these beings are more used to being summoned by people in prayer or via connections such as a small shrine.

That list I posted has links to each one, Wikipedia is a decent place to get an overview on those specific gods since archaeology has contributed to our knopwledge base and that’s a decently academic field.

The reconstructed modern version of ancient Egyptian religious practices is called “kemeticism” and adding the term “kemetic” to the name of the god/dess you’d like to find more about will sometrimes improve search results, because it will take you to pages and posts by people who believe in and work with these deities.

3 Likes

Belial is a no bullshit demon. He will throw it all at you until you figure it out. Some say he challenges you… But the REAL TRUTH is that it is actually you challenging yourself…not necessarily intentionally so much as perhaps having deeper rooted things or rather in something as simple as making proper requests to him (the devil are in the details) and following through.

If you cannot handle the big guns then dont work with him =) if your philosophy is going ALL OUT and not holding back, not letting anything or anyone e get in your way…them call upon him. He doesnt want “pansies” because he is an Archangel of Death. If you are “meek and mild” then by all accounts dont… Unless of course if you are tired of that and want to change no matter the costs. He will do it gladly. Just do not be stupid about it and do plenty of research.

1 Like

Belial is a no bullshit demon. He will throw it all at you until you figure it out. Some say he challenges you… But the REAL TRUTH is that it is actually you challenging yourself…not necessarily intentionally so much as perhaps having deeper rooted things or rather in something as simple as making proper requests to him (the devil are in the details) and following through. [/quote]

Should a beginner be contacting any of the 9 demonic kings listed in the Goetia?

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:5, topic:6344”][quote=“DeathWish, post:4, topic:6344”]I have done some searches on Google but I haven’t been able to find much on them.
Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?[/quote]

List of Egyptian gods and goddesses - simple but comprehensive.

You can make sigils using planetary kameas, but generally no, these are gods, sigils are (arguably) a relatively new concept dating from when lists of “demons”[/quote]

So how does one go about evoking these gods? Solely by referencing them by name?

Deathwish,

Each of the different ranks of the goetia correspond to one of the 7 planets which correspond further with one of your 7 chakras. If you work with the Kings of the Goetia which is the Sun chakra Solar Plexus, you’ll tap into issues involving power in relation to what said goetic king deals with. All Kings of the Goetia deal with things involving: Power, Friendship, Harmony, Fortune, Luck.

There are many ways to conjure the goetia. Most people use the solomonic method. I just simply put my Seal in A full Runic Circle (laying the runes out as the circle), without drawing the circle line. That is advanced though as you must understand Runes…in the runes themselves I have devised my own system that holds occult value pertaining to me personally.

Basically all you really have to do is draw a circle and throw down a Hexagram with the Seal inside it. You do things like call the spirit into Being and make offerings. The entire time you are in control Exerting your WILL. You do not necessarily have to cast curses or control the spirit as everything is really done sith a strong will. If it is a bitch goddess whom thinks she is in control for example because she is an A type female…then you dominate her anyway. This has nothing to do with aggression or anger or cruelty. The reason you dominate and control a spirit is because over time it becomes associated with other peoples thoughtforms and energy, so hou are basically conjuring the Pure form of the entity into the Hexagram free from all the chaos of everyone else. You are establishing your own New World Ordered Being…not someone elses. I would be careful with this though, as some beings are ridiculously powerful and you need to be strong enough to begin with. Just keep in mind the real reason hou are controlling the spirit…its not to harm and abuse it, it is about controlling and shaping its form into this reality properly so it is a manifestation thst fits in this world aligned sith your purpose and not someone elses.

So if you are at a lower power level you should instead take the route of harmonising with the Spirit for what it stands for. In most cases it will be happy to oblige with an offering, unless you ask it to do something that isnt its specialty. Only if you are strong enough do you wrestle the spirit with power. However, a modified version is hou get to know the spirit…and make small changes based off what you learn as you work with the spirit…meaning it is actually prompting you to call him into a more powerful form.

You really dont need to do all those fancy things as in the grimoire. You simply just need to know exactly what you want, how you plan to achieve it… And then go caste the Circle and Hexagram (Double Triangle…it represents birthing a spirit into this reality) with a WILL and to make your offerings and an agreement, then send the spirit off to do its thjng. Keep in mind the more you work with a particular spirit the more of its energy you become familiar with.

Read up on them, then draw or print a symbol or image if possible, offer a candle or tealight, see what happens.

A sincere desire to connect matters more in my opinion and experience than fancy tools or anything.

But if it doesn’t seem like so,ething appealing, try ancestors, or grimoire demons - this is pretty easy to begin with: The 7 Steps For Using Spirit Sigils To Get Anything You Want.

1 Like

well, i started to evoke spirits recently and hermes was really cool to me, i hear him better than other entities
he’s very smart and its been awesome to talk to him, he’s a humoristic one too