Good books on South American sorcery?

I think I remember reading that EA has worked with either Mayan or Aztec magick. Can’t remember which. Working with this system kind of intrigues me. Does anyone know of any good workable books on South American magick or has anyone worked with entities from the Aztec, Mayan, or Incan mythologies?

1 Like

the best book on south american magick is an updated passport with a plane ticket as a bookmark.

the good stuff isn’t written down - magickal realism is the way things are done in that part of the world.

when you go to latin america everyone knows the tales, the magick is in the air. quite a few adepts have travelled to that part of the world for initiation. the point is, you have to go to ground zero to get it, it won’t be handed off to you in a pamphlet.

eventually you find curandero, brujo/bruja and the like who may show you things if they so choose, but walk carefully.

2 Likes

If this is the case then it may be some time before I’ll be able to do that.

1 Like

Carlos Castaneda’s books are the closest I know.

1 Like

Go to the Yucatan peninsula. It’s the best way for you to have an… resonance with how/what the Mayan Essence is.

Ever since I came back from Mexico I have a longing to get back home. I completely have been capsulated by my visit there, I can’t understand why this is the place. But I need to get back home. I don’t know why I call it home, I only have been there for 14 days. But that place has completely…taken me.

Anybody would know why this is so? I been to many places in this world, but I never had have this happen to me. I would really appreciate an answer if you have one.

1 Like

@Lady_Eva is it a good idea we split this tread? I don’t know why this is happening, but I fell soo… ugh, I… i don’t know. It’s weird.

1 Like

What’s home?

What the hell was I writing there? @Lady_Eva moments when a Magician has a case of slight madness? :rofl:

1 Like

Anyways, back on topic. Do anyone have some good information on South Américan Magi? This tread is old now, so a lot of water has runned under the bridge since then. And this a lot of new members have joined since then.

1 Like

Here’s a thread I posted a little while ago with some information on the South American black magic tradition of Kanaima:

2 Likes

My parents are Peruvian. But I was born and raised in New Jersey So :us: Americas all I know lol but for some reason I’ve been surrounded by Jews. Middle eastern sound gets my attention. But I also have this feel for wanting to connect with my ancestors in Peru. My dad is Afro Peruvian descent and my mom is mestizo mixed.