Goetic Summoning?

Can you do a Goetic summoning ritual during the day or does it always need to be at night?

I’ve done them in the daytime, and that includes when the demon told me to call them at that specific time. I don’t work using the Goetia’s methods though, just to be clear.

Depending on which grimoire you’re looking at some do go into elaborate detail about the times and days that demons can be evoked. Some sites listing enns for demons will divide demons into day and night demons.

I quite frankly don’t notice any difference or hindrance in evocation. That’s not to say there aren’t certain entities that you absolutely must wait until a certain time to summon them, but I have not come across that bridge yet and certain not with the goetia.

In general I say do evocation when it suits you best.

In my opinion, evoking during the darkest hours of the night, just feels more “magickal,” in the same way that using candles creates a different atmosphere than electric light. Do your magick in whatever way gets you involved the deepest and out of your regular personality. As Dagon said above, do it when it suits you best.

1 Like

i remember , about 2 years before even thinking i would delibrately call for a Demon; landing on a Goetic site discussing methods for calling them, I began reading with, “What kind of idiot would do this?” By the time I was done, I had deep compassion for the poor Entity- and an immediate rage for wanting to kick whoever would deal with anyone like that- and upon reading the GODaweful rabbinical sounding , threat of a demonic asskicking if the slightest infraxtion of methodology was not done just right, could not help but want to be a cheerleader for the demon to kick some ass anyway!
I am glad I struggled through it though, as it broke my ice on the entire demon issue, and i then had to feel repentant concerning every time a demon came to me as a kid- and when it ended in my asskicking- i finally had to admit how WELL DESERVED IT WAS. Only 2 ever began maignantly; but all the others, came as honestly true friends, i had no reason to treat them as I did except i was told to. I still remember brightly the saddness in Abigors face as he rode away- clearly wanting to protect me from my worst enemy-ME; but I would not have it. i recently came up with a term which describes the phenominon; “SPIRITUAL RACISM AND BIGOTRY”. In all earthly things- i rage at racism virulently
but thanks to my religious upbringing- i was able to shift that sickness to another realm and feel totally Righteous.
So , for the “Demons, and Gods and other Entities” Revealed in the “Goetics” i say good; as for how to treat them, I say, be better to throw marshmellows than stones; when returned they go down much better!
FDM