Goddesses

That really doesn’t answer my question. Why goddesses, specifically? Oh and as alita pointed out, wicca exists

1 Like

I’m not a feminist but I believe in the supremacy of Goddesses over Gods…it’s my personal opinion and hence a dedicated forum.

Wicca is more toward working with nature and her elements … right?

1 Like

Someone can correct me if I’m me if I’m wrong. But many Wiccans work with goddesses exclusively. Then there’s Dianic wicca.

Hmm, okay. But why do you hold that opinion?

Oh and reply to my post so that I get notified.

1 Like

Follower of Shaktism??? Not bad. I come from the ‘’ only place in the whole world ''where Absolute Divinity is considered to be feminine, not masculine. !!! :smile:

1 Like

Does the masculine being the passive aspect make it inferior? I mean, both are required for creation.

Also…

How can one aspect of “absolute divinity” or source be superior or inferior to another one?

3 Likes

Yes, it does. And unlike Taoism here feminine is the active aspect and masculine is the passive one.

1 Like

In terms of dependency one cannot exist with out the other. So in that regard both are equal. But in terms of functionality both need not be equal. For example In fire Shiva/masculine is said to be the fire and shakti the ability to burn. Let’s say in a beautiful woman masculine/Shiva aspect will be the body itself, of flesh and blood and the shakti will be the beauty/attractive quality of that body. So, shakti is the active, interactive quality/principle in existence, and that’s why it is said to be superior.

That’s why it is said without shakti shiva is shaba (innert, dead body) without any life in it. And thus the imagery of Kali standing on Shiva as the active principle.!!! Symbolism Says a lot.

1 Like

Around 8 or 9 years back I had a dream, I was Adi Shankaracharya, a proponent of a philosophy of one-reality. I was even dressed like him and I told someone that Shakti is greater than Shiva. Then the person asked me to prove and I sat for meditation to prove… my dream collapsed. I didn’t even purse reading about Goddesses back then, only few years later when I read Aghora I & II, I got interested in knowing more about Goddesses.

@Goku In a way but not actively pursuing

1 Like

I work with the Goddess Lakshmi, just started a month or two ago after she came and visited me

1 Like

Money started pouring in after she came?

I received a raise at work, found out i will also receive a bonus, my sis gave me 285 …my bf took me to puerto rico for one week(lol, we not together anymore i’m asking her for a husband with a lot of money etc)…oh yeah i’ve also received 2 100.00 gift cards from amazon🤗

2 Likes

I could use one of those benefits… :slight_smile:… all these magick books are damn expensive… so need money for them.

How did you work with her?

edit: read your post… great experience.

Hmm. so what you’re essentially saying is that the feminine has the more “important” role of acting on the masculine and giving it purpose and meaning. Fair enough. But as far as I’m concerned, they just have different roles. One role is not superior to the other.The active principle is meaningless without the passive one and vice versa. They cannot exist separately, therefore they are equal. Oh and I don’t think “source” can be defined as either masculine or feminine

Yes and no on Wicca. The kinds I knew were exclusive Goddess worship. They also did not believe in calling “The Goddess” any one name.

The others were more hardcore Diana and feminist all the way.

It wasn’t my thing but a dedicated section for Goddesses would mean a dedicated section for Gods as well.
I believe in balance so both polarities need to be in harmony in my eyes.

I can see, you don’t see Goddesses represented much here but make posts then. There have been some for Kali, Morrigan and Hecate for example. If I don’t work with a specific one I don’t always jump in however, they are very different :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should have been little explicit…what I meant was dedicated forums about Goddesses online and not here in BALG. As you rightly said there is little info here and it’s very difficult if you look up on the internet on how to work with Goddesses barring few LHP entities.

That’s true.
I’ve hunted down a few books but no active forums except some hardcore RHP fb groups.

I’ve found a few Morrigan groups but they still hold to doctrine to hard for my tastes. They fight over symantics in the mythologies lol.

That is the problem. I’m from India and even if you want to pursue Goddess worship called Shakti path here, it is not so easy, too esoteric, you don’t know where to even begin. Reading from books only help a little.

1 Like

Well maybe we can get something going here :slight_smile: What kind of things would you like to learn about? Or maybe sharing some rituals and spells we do would also be helpful?

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/my-new-moon-dedication/31871/9

1 Like

About wicca; everybody practices different and there are no specific rules anyone has to follow. It is very common to worship the threefold feminine (young woman, mother and the old hag/wise woman) and therefore many godesses like hekate, gaia etc but many don’t choose to name anyone specific and just worship the nature in general…
It is also not normal to see the feminine as superior. Men and women are equal, but women are seen as more spiritual so special women-coven are often founded. They feel more comfortable to do rituals (often naked) or use menstrual blood when only women are present.

I think many just don’t think about the role of men in general because they are occupied with themselves and just see the importance of women despite what they (most churches) wanted the society/humans to believe.

Just my tiny bit of knowledge, hope it helps a little bit :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The main goddesses I work with are Sekhmet, Santisima Muerte and Tiamat. I’ve also used Lilith’s power in ritual although I have yet to pathwork with her. Oh, and if you consider demons gods, Vapula I see as a vixen (to me she’s a goddess). She helped me recently.

1 Like