God, this dirt is hard!

Okay. So this is a topic that is rather. . . interesting. Have you ever dug up dirt or a grave in a cemetery? Man, if you don’t have the right tools and the know how (and yes there are specific way of digging up bodies. You have to use the dirt placement and gravity).

Hi Dante!

I -LOVE- this question! I’ve not ‘gone there’ yet, myself. But I’m endlessly curious, so I’ll be watching this thread for the thoughts & experiences of the others! :wink: Z

I use grave dirt all the time in various things. I go to an American Indian cemetary here on the Reservation to dig it when I get low. I find it has extra added life to it. Never dug up any body from a graveyard so really do not understand about the dirt placement.

Maxx

PS…In the winter the cemetary is frozen…they have what they call an oven that they fill with oil and then set it over the grave site and light it…over about 12 to 15 hours. The 3 to 4 foot of snow is melted and then the oven, which is sitting over the grave site, will then melt the ground and then soften the frozen earth up under it. At that point a backhoe operator will come in and dig the grave and then very soon the body is lowered into the “pit”. Does not take long for the ground to freeze again when that oven is removed from the site.

In North Dakota I can understand why there might be a problem digging in the winter…can get down to -50 degrees but some of us love it …but in the summer time I get lots of fresh dirt there as I can always find a new entry there at the happiness hotel.

Maxx

So grave dirt can be vampirized ? Is there any difference between age of its “donors” ?

Do not know. But I always use dirt from a funeral that has occured within 9 days or earlier and when that final disconnect from the spirit and the body takes place and that (foggy mist) comes up through the dirt and dissipates into the ether, it is my belief that it somehow CHARGES that dirt. That is my reasoning that I prefer new grave dirt instead of digging into the old stuff.

As far as the one that has died and their ages, I have not found that to have any effect on the strength of this grave dirt. One other person and I sometimes do a working together at the same time and it is a coordination of effort (we even live in different states) and we have found this is spectacular with the effect. I can almost even hear her giggle as she does it as she knows it works.

I send her the same dirt I use when she gets low through the postal service at $5.90 a box load. LOL. I just tell the postal clerk I am sending out some more “happy dirt” in a plastic bag and then put it in the box.

Maxx

LOL @ Dante. Funniest/coolest thread of all time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve dug up dirt but no bodies. Yes, the dirt was very hard. In fact, I’m running out so I will have to go back for more soon.

Did you use any special “buying” ritual before digging or just come and take the dirt ?

No ritual at all…as I see it was put there for my purpose and there is no other person that even has thought of this or even goes there for this reason to this cemetary…The universe has created this and designed it solely for my purposes. You will find the same applies to you when you go and pick it up…It is a continuation of this type of vibration for those that will see it’s use for what it is designed for. You will suddenly feel the same type of connection once you begin to
"mine" this “tool”. Enjoy.
Maxx

[quote=“Maxx, post:10, topic:127”]No ritual at all…as I see it was put there for my purpose and there is no other person that even has thought of this or even goes there for this reason to this cemetary…The universe has created this and designed it solely for my purposes. You will find the same applies to you when you go and pick it up…It is a continuation of this type of vibration for those that will see it’s use for what it is designed for. You will suddenly feel the same type of connection once you begin to
"mine" this “tool”. Enjoy.
Maxx[/quote]

Yup! I just get the biggest kick out of "MINE!"ing things …

True story: Last fall I moved into a little farmhouse that is directly across the road from a popular local golf course. Just annoyed the heck outa me that these people considered it their right to come across the road & walk right up into my front yard to claim their ball. (Yeah, I did the yelling at & threatening, too. A girl’s gotta vent!) But after a few weeks of this, I decided to “claim my territory”. Every night for a week, before bed I went outside and walked the perimeter of my yard, all the while chanting Mine! Mine! Mine!. Apparently it worked. The golfers STILL stroll into the yards on both sides of me, but I have YET to catch one in my yard! That was about 9 months ago! Doncha just love it! :wink: Z

Bwahahahaa! How delightfully simple. Great tip, thanks Zoe!

Okay, DANTE! You big Tease! Its been a whole week! e’splain yourself, please … What are the right tools & the specific way for digging up bodies?? Inquiring minds want to know! :wink: Z

Since he has not seen this, I will ask if anyone else has used any of this “special” packaging in any of their “services” so far and if so, have you seen or received any spectacular benefits from using it?

Uncle Fester

I use graveyard dirt and other things from the cemetery quite often. I summon my ancestors to speak to me through visions or dreams with it. Works quite well. My family has one of those old fashioned “family cemeteries” out in the middle of nowhere on a hilltop and I take most of my graveyard dirt from there. The ground there isn’t really hard… I have no trouble digging it.

There are some people there who aren’t immediate family too, and they’ve been ‘adopted’ into our grave tending. I’ve also bagged up the moss I clean off some of the stones for use. One of the non-family people there is a civil war soldier. I’ve been tending his grave for 20 years now, and when I clean the moss off his stone I bag it up for later use.

When I was in New Orleans I visited St. Louis Cemetery #1 specifically to gather some grave dirt from around Marie Laveau’s (supposed) crypt. The ‘ground’ there is mostly concrete/mortar paths, so that was out. I did gather some sand and shells from the area, to add to a Marie Laveau painting I was working on. Since this wasn’t my usual family cemetery, I made an offering at the gate before taking my goods.

Dante, I’d be interested to hear more about this, it sounded like you had something to share. :slight_smile:

I’m not above a little grave robbing but I’ll be waiting for your book Dante before I engage in any of that though haha. There’s a cemetary less than a block away with nobody nearby, funny how that works out :wink:

I use the traditional offering of coins and booze when collecting dirt and of course ask permission to gate keeper and to grave owner .It’s a Masonic cemetery which has a small meditation garden and what seems to be a small stone altar or thats what i use it for.Next time I will take a photo and post it for you to see.

RidgeRunner,

The “dust” on the crypts works VERY well. Paint brush works well for collecting it off the crypts or tops of tombstones. Not many folks use this technique anymore I guess.

Best part of using dust is. . . it’s already very fine and doesn’t need a ton of elbow grease applied to the mortar & pestle to get it fine enough for powders.

Self I say’s: “Dante is right, the dirt is hard”. So I’m thinking to myself, “Self, we should probably go dig the hole the altar is supposed to go in prior to the actual ritual.”

Given the situation I will be facing to place my altar in the grave, I think I’ll go “dig” it a few days ahead of the ritual. That way the hole will be easy to use. I’ll dig the hole and then fill it back in so the night of the rit I won’t be spending all night digging in hard pack soil.