God Name

Hi everyone. Since I’ve been lurking here, I have heard people talk about having a God name. What is a God name and how do you go about finding your own? Is it your real name that you’ve had since you became a conscious entity? Like a soul name? Is it a private name you keep to yourself and only use it in ritual like a magical name is sometimes used? Since I am thinking it may be the true name of your soul is it dangerous to let certain entities know it? How do you protect it in that scenario?
Thanks in advance.

I was just told “Choose your godname” and the name that came to mind felt right immediately, and then when I researched it, the gematria etc turned out to be really appropriate.

Is it your real name that you've had since you became a conscious entity? Like a soul name?

I don’t know, didn’t actually ask… in my case I think mine was maybe relating to this lifetime (the first one I’ve attempted theogenesis afaik) and the kind of agreements I’d made before incarnating.

Is it a private name you keep to yourself and only use it in ritual like a magical name is sometimes used?

I keep mine to myself for now, then again I’m not public in a lot of ways, I mean I don’t have a website or YouTube or anything, and I don’t have any plans to either.

Since I am thinking it may be the true name of your soul is it dangerous to let certain entities know it? How do you protect it in that scenario?

Mine’s related to me-as-Goddess, so it’s actually a way to command spirits in some circumstances, just like the old magicians used to use various Abrahamic (or other) names to command spirits.

Thank you Eva! I just saw someone make a comment to somebody who was going to consult with E.A, and told him to ask E.A what his god name was like it was something revealed through spirits or psychic means.