Goals of Occult Groups

Does anybody know what social goals occult groups may have? I know there is a lot of stuff in the movies about using magic to control the government or a community, but what really goes on in real life as a general rule? Is it just to study magic? Is it to control who gets to learn magic? I know that there are likely an unlimited number of responses that one could make to my question, but I would like to open it up for general discussion. Thanks!

1 Like

There are as many goals of occult groups as there are of people in general;

I’ve seen mission statements ranging from teatimes, Netflix and chill through further goodness in the world all the way up to dominate the world and past that into destroy reality as we know it through the memetic usherance of an age of chaos upon this plane of existence.

4 Likes

@Dusk Wich ones are trying to bring chaos on this plane of existance? The ones I know that focus on destroying reality tend to want to that by destroying this plane of existance.

1 Like

@MagickMike Most esoteric orders tend to not have a social goal in itself but rather have goals that tend to have a futher scope.

The ones that have a social focus either tries to preserve society as it is with a few minor changes or has a long term goal of bringing down society as a whole.

1 Like

Now that sounds interesting. What are some examples of these changes? Like, if this were back years ago, would they have had a focus on establishing or removing Jim Crowe laws in the South? Is this the type of stuff that would have likely interested them? Other examples: would they have likely battled each other to remove possible candidates from running for a political office?

I am assuming that its standard for them to use magic to make people believe that “God” is telling them to do XY or Z?

I am enjoying this discussion. Thanks for replying, peeps. :slight_smile:

These shitheads, allegedly.

1 Like

I just wanna burn the churches :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol jk (maybe)

2 Likes

A majority of the ones I have been involved with, it has been a mix of seeing who can flock their peacock feathers the most, connect with others, study the possible ways of their ancestors or learn something to improve their lives as individuals. Sometimes all four going on at once.

2 Likes

From my understanding, just to share a common goal (monetary gain, magickal aptitude…)

It is the concept of a Master Mind: If multiple people get together and join their forces towards a goal, the energy would be greater if only one person does it.

1 Like

@Dusk Looks like chaoties or whatever they are called. They are hard to get a clear grip on.

1 Like

Correct; took me some digging to find it again but this used to be on the Chaos magic wikipedia page, it’s allegedly a still of a chaote group performing an apocalypse-usherance rite over skype.

1 Like

Its hard to really pinpoint a goal on chaotes as some have more serious plans while others just do things “for teh lulz”

1 Like