Glossary and Terms for Beginners 1/3 (updated 2021-03-29)

Hi there. I already know a lot of members suggests the search function, which is great resource. However, to some - when they are using the search function may not always get the info - why? Because the lingo get’s in the way. I intend to remedy that a little bit by trying to demystify common abrrevations and terms used on here. My goal is to make the lingo easy to understand but also to be correct so you won’t have to look all over the internet for a term.

Abbrevations:

BOOKS - From various authors

E.A Koetting

BoA = Book of Azazel
BM = Baneful Magick
EE = Evoking Eternity
KoF = Kingdoms Of Flame
QAV =Questing After Visions
O.A.A = Ordo Ascensum Aetyrnalis
WoD = Works of Darkness

Timothy Donaghue

The Devil: Suicide, Apocalypse & The Abyss
Black Magick: The Left Hand Path
The Black Magick Manifesto
The Antichrist

Michael W. Ford

Fallen Angels: The Watchers & Witches Sabbat
Sebitti: Mesopotamian Magick & Demonology
Dragon of the Two Flames
Necrominon: Egyptian Sethanic Magick
The Bible of the Adversary
Drauga: Ahrimanian Yatuk Dinoih
Goetia of Shadows
Sekhem Apep: Typhonian Vampyre Magick
Grand Grimoire of Infernal Pacts
Apotheosis

Bill Duvendack

Spirit Relations: Your user friendly guide to the spirit world, mediumship, and energy
A Draconian Egyptian Grimoire
Psychic Protection
Astrology in Theory & Practice
Sat En Anpu: Book of Anubis
Set: The Fury of Egypt
Awakening Lucifer - By Asenath Mason & Bill Duvendack
Qliphothic Astrology - By Asentah Mason & Bill Duvendack
Tales From The Desert

Asenath Mason

GoT= Grimoire of Tiamat
BoM = Book of Mephisto
CoB = Chants of Belial
DRB =Draconian Ritual Book
QM = Qliphothic Meditations
QI&E = Qliphithic Invocations and Evocations
RoP/ROP = Rituals of Pleasure
RoL = Rites of Lucifer
ToS = The Tunnels of Set

Dante Abiel

NS = Neromantic Sorcery or - Necromantic Sorcery The Forbidden Rites of Death Magick

Asbjörn Torvol

MIAIYH = Magick It’s All in Your Head
TH = The Heathen: An Old norse Grimoire of Viking Sorcery

Kurtis Joseph

BMOA = The Black Magick of Ahriman: The Ancient spells Rites & Demons of Persia

Orlee Stewart

Jezebel: The Sweetheart of Demons

Conner Kendall

The Necromancer

N.D Blackwood

Draugadróttinn:

BALG collborations - E.A Koetting + other authors.

The Gatekeeper series
I - Belial Without a Master
II - Luicifer: The enlighetener
III- Azazel: Steal the Fire from the Goda
IV - Abbadon: the angel of the Abyss
V - Lucifuge: The Lord of Pacts
VI - Belzeebub: The Lord of Flies
VII- Baal: the King of Kings
VIII- Asmodeus: Lord of Lust
XI - Satan: the Adversary

Mark Alan Smith - The trident triology + other books:

The Queen of Hell
The Red King
The Scorpion King
The Witch’s Grail
The Altar of Sacrifice
The Black Prince of the Sabbath
The Altar of Qayin

S. Ben Qayin

The Book of Smokeless Fire
The Book of Smokeless Fire II: Into the Crucible
The published writings of S.Ben Qyain
Thaumiel: The Dark Divided One’s
Harab Seraphel: The Ravens of the Burning God
The Black Book of Azatoth

Edgar Kervall + Various other authora

Herbarum Diabolicum
Qliphoth: Magnum Opus I -The Awakening
Qliphoth: Magnum Opus II - Flesh Totems & Bone Masks
Qliphoth: Magnum Opus III - Infernal Essence
Qliphoth: Magnum Opus IV -The Draconian Flames
Qliphoth: Magnum Opus V - The Black Arts
Sabbatica: The Seas Of Death And The Arcana Of Deathbringer
Sabbatica: The Seas of Blood and the Transmigration of the Black Flame II

! - there’s a lot more to come from Edgar Kerval (very prolific author…)

Frequently mentioned Grimoires

Grimoire Verum
The Lesser Key of Solomon (the Goetia)
The Greater Key of Solomon
The Red Dragon - Thomas Karlsson
Uthark: The Nightside of the Runes - Thomas Karlsson
Innitiation into Hermetics - Franz Bardon

Frequently mentioned concepts

Meditations: meditations can be done for different purposes but they aren’t so much about making your brain shut up; that’s a by product of the process in of itself. Meditation in it’s true spirit is about learning to observe your thoughts and learning to control your mind and even transcend your physical self. The last part is usually done with the aid of a mantra, more on that later. Meditation is not mindfullness, as mindfullness is a terrible word because the observation of a thought is not a thought. However, mindfullness teaches you observation without judgement which is in turn related to quietude and focus. Which we need along with mantras in order to transcend your current limitations of yourself and in the process powers (siddhis) usually develop as a result.

Mudra: a hand position that is supposed to activate an energy center or an organ/organs’s by stimulating the neurons to a specific part of the body by interweaving your fingers and hands in different positions. The hands can also be separate but each are doing a mudra that together makes a desired effect occur. This is usually coupled with a Mandala.

Mandala: a concept or a focus point to where you will direct your attention to focus/manifest your will by the application of mudra and mantra as well. A mandala can be a picture illustrating a concept of some kind. Like this;

Mantra: a vibration of sound by a human voice. Which is done by using a syllables; vowels or a word that causes a distinct effect either in yourself or around you. A mantra that is held long enough will eventually continue to vibrate even when you are silent.

Asana: a concept found in Yoga. Asana is simplfied a position that enables energy flow better to a specific area or areas of your body. That has the benfit that in due time as you get more flexible and blockages release, will help you increase energy flow and thereby awakening your mind to the divine and your connection to it. Yoga encompasses all of the terms; Asana; Mantra; Mudra, etc. However, here in the west we tend to pick a few of these concept and use them and sometimes discard the others. These are things most people expect beginners to know about, though they will never say it aloud.

DNA Activation: simply put in your DNA you have portions which are called junk DNA. This DNA when activated through various means (meditations, contact with specific entities, alchemy (internal)), will awaken dormant (latent) spritual abillities.

Entities (groups)

DemonicGatekeeper/s (they are 9) =Demonic entities, nine in total and they are: Belial, Lucifer Amaymon, Azazel, Abbadon, Lucifuge, Beelzebub, Baal, Asmodeus, Satan)

Demonic Kings (they are 9) = they are nine demonic entities as as well and their name are: Asmoday, Beleth, Belial, Bael/Baal, Balam, Paimon, Purson, Viné, Zagan. You may have noticed that some of the Gatekeepers are here as well.

Jin: Not Djin, those would be more akin to geenies; depending on the source some will say that the word Djinn is the same as Jin. The Jin A pre pre-islamic spirits of Arabic or Middle eastern origin. The Jin were created with fitra (neither believer or unbeliever); neither good or evil, they choose which of which they are, like us. The word Jinn can mean: beings that are hidden from the senses. Because they exist just behind the veil of our reality. The Jinn have different abillites/ societies, families and clans. Just like the Lwa (Loa). These spirit are known to be a very dangerous but useful, but also chaotic and dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing. Some examples of families include: Ifrit; Taw-all; Ghoul among many more.

Note: I know very little about this spirits, as I have not looked into these myself, so a practioner who works with them should add to this. To ensure the entites are showcased in the right way.

Divs & Druj: a class of entities belonging Ahrimanian current. Ahriman is simply put the Persian version of the devil although that is a gross overs simplification. The divs should not to be misstaken for Djin they are something else. They can on surface level be explained as demonic entities that are a stark contrast along with Ahriman to Ahrua Mazda and his angels. And along with Ahriman seeks to defile & destroy creation and the limits of it by also corrupting man and leading him “astray”. The Divs and the Druj can be simplfied to be understood as demons and demonesses, however these words mean more than that; Druj: can mean lie or leader: Div: can mean demon or devil and is partly related to the word Daeva.

Lwa/Loa: means spirit, that originated somewhere in Africa according to some sources. They migrated to Haiti and the U.S through the slave trade according to common information that exists. Vodoo is the religion and Hoodo is the Sorcery aspect of the religion. Vodoo has what some outsiders views as sister traditions. However, there are some similarites between the Orisha spirits of the Yoruba people and Quimbanda; Santeria & Umbanda to name a few but they’re not the same. Like the Djinn, I know very little about these spirits as I am not an innitiate. And I’ll leave it to the priests and priestesses the other traditions as well as the prsctioners of Haitian Voodoo, to fill in the gaps if they so choose to.

Negative Entities: Negs for short. Likes to attach themselves to you to feed of your and dismay, etc. by sowing discord and wreak havock in your life in either relationships, or fucking with your astral senses if you are spiritual so it’s really hard to progress. Or inpersonate other entities. For a regular person they like to isolate you and then keep feeding on your emotions until there’s nothing left. Example of this would be parasites or vampyric entities; some class shadow people fall under this monicre as well.

Old Ones: refers a class of entities coming from another dimension, usually regaraded as fictional thought forms of the author H.P Locecraft that appeared to him in his dreams. Some people however do not consider them to be thoughtforms at all but real entities. And very little information exists on them. Two known books about them that I know about one of which I own a copy, are: The Black Book of Azatoth by S. Ben Qyain, and Necronomicon Gnosis by Asenath Mason

Parasites: similar to a tic or a vampire bat, who attaches themselves to you and drain you of energy, power, and in some cases hamper with your senses.

Qliphoth: The counterpart to the sephiroth. The Qlipphoth are seemingly missunderstood as meaning Qlipha, at least from what I’ve seen at times by beginners. What I mean is there seems to exist an intermixing between the words Qliphoth and Qlipha. This is very confusing and not quite right; more on that soon.

We can’t adress the Qliphoth without mentioning the Sephiroth. From what I understand the Sephiroth are 10 spheres, where each sphere contain an aspect god or divinity. That together form the totality of the divine or GOD (the creator) and his will. The Qlipoth are the inversion of that. Meaning the attribute of one of the Sephiroth has a polar opposite inversion, a Qlipohoth. Each sphere of the Sehiroth is ruled over by an arch angel. And the Qliphothic spheres is ruled over by an arch demon. As for their creation of the Qliphothic spheres and their rulers, and their origins they are a few theories out there. Which I recommend you find out on your own.

Now the difference between the term Qliphoth and Qlipha; those are not the same. As Qlipha: apparenty means: shell or husk. Whereas the term Qliphoth means: either impure or evil. Qlipha (sloppily) = rulers, Qliphtoh (sloppily) = sphere.

The Qlipha are regarded as a class of entities usually demoic that resides in seprates spheres along the Tree of Night sometimes refered to as the Tree of Death; which is an inversion of the Tree of Light/day/life. Each sphere is ruled over by an arch demon or an Arch Angel. The last part about regarding the naming of the tress; the interchangeability of the terms bright/life/light and night/death is confusing. In addition the they’re thrown around interchangebly. To me that doesn’t make sense. Why? Because I wonder are they (the terms) different things or are the all refering to the same thing? So for the sake of near over-simplcity, view the Qliphoth as the counterpart (inverted) aspects of the Sephiroth.Apply this idea to the Trees too; Sephiroth = bright/life/light, Qliphoth = dark/night/death. Remeber that when people talk about the spheres of creation in relation to the tree of life it corresponds to the Sephiroth (Tree of Life, bright, dayside). When talking about the Qliphoth people are refering the spheres located along the Tree of Night/ death/Dark.

! - as the Kaballah isn’t my strong suite, I leave it to other members to edit this portion, or other portions with correct information.

Elementals: are spirits that are personfications of the four-five elements of creation. The 4-5 natural elements are: water, fire, earth and air. In some traditions the element of spirit is added The element of spirit = the element of spirit embodies the forces of nature/the elements as a whole. Also a new addition in Chinese and Japanese traditions of medicine and accupuncture the elements look a a bit different;

Water (sui) ; Fire (Ka) ; Earth (Chi); Wood (Moku) [unsure]); Metal (Kin). Chinese medicine and Shiatsu (Japanese form of tactile massge) is a very complicated area of study. If you’re intrested search google. I just added the element in there for the sake intrest and to be through.

Mort/Ghede/Dead = souls/shades/ ghosts spirts of the dead (Abiel, 2014).

Lords of Death: the souls is ruled over by the lords of the dead. I like to view them as a noble elite that rules over the masses of shades/ghosts/ghouls, etc. and answer only to the King/Queen of a death current’s. They are said to be very powerful entities and steep sacrifices are apparently apart of learning their secrets (Abiel, 2014). .

Gods of Death: The gods of the dead rule over the other two. As you might’ve guessed they are one step above the Lords of the Dead, they are really powerful and like the Lords of Death require sacrifices to teach you their craft, approach them with care and reverence (Abiel, 2014). . I know very little about them and it’s up to a real Necromancer or a Saturnian Necromancer (there’s a difference) to explain it on a deeper level.

TERMS

Ajna Chakra (third eye): located directly in the center of the forhead above the brow, associated with the pineal gland on a physical level. The third eye according to an anceint indian legend holds the power of creation and destruction.

Ascent: achieving godlike power in your life time, by bringing yourself closer and closer to your full potental and unlocking the power of your inner god/godess into full manifestation on this plane. - (feel free to correct me on this if you wish).

Astral Plane: A level of existence very close to ours the closest even to our (the physical plane), everything that’s been created and will be created exists on this plane.

Asson: a revered innitiation into the Vodoun priesthood that proves that you are basically legit and also shows your prowess and that you are truly ready to receieve the secrets of the Loa by embodying them and serve them on a deeper level (Abiel, 2014). .

Baneful Magick: Magick that’s directed and harnessed to cause harm or death to a target or multiple targets, the harm or the desired death of a victim can either be a physical or mental.

Dark Night of The Soul: is the ultimate spritual darkness that black magicians have to face at some point in their development. It’s the complete submergence or confrontation with deepest and darkest aspects of themselves. Their physical life will begin to deteriorate and chaos will starts to show more and more as time passes. The point is cull unecessary attachments which stifles or prevents further growth but it’s usually a painful experience either way (Abiel, 2014). .

Blue Bloods: are people (refered to as brothers and/or sisters) that do not share blood lineage of a particular current, like I don’t share any blood lineage to Haiti and is thereby no through my blood connected to the Haitian Vodoo current. However blue bloods do have a spritual lineage to a sect or families that practice the art and are taught just like everybody else (Abiel, 2014). .

Chakra: wheel or energy center according to western terminology. Chakras are concentrated points of energy on certain points of the body. The most commonly understood version of them is that there are 7 of them, however they are some schools of thought which suggests there are hidden ones like in the Draconian Ritual book there three more excluding the dark star (Sunyatah). And in some eastern traditions of chniese medicine there are minor chakras (small point of energy all over our body) in addition to the major ones, one such ”hidden” major chakra is your Dan Tian (it’s resting deep inside your navel area), I digress. However the 7 common are:

Root: the area between your gentials and your anus.

Sacral: located just above the pubic bone

Solar Plexus: above the belly button, where the arch of the thorax ends and meets the top of your abdoment, when someone hits you in that area yo lose your breath.

Heart: in the middle of sternum

Throat: some say it’s on the adams apple some say it’s below I agree with the latter.

Third eye: already explained.

Crown: At the top of your head.

They have a color and a mantra which are;

Color;

Root - Red
Sacral - Orange
Solar Plexus - Yellow (golden)
Sternum - Green
Throat - Light Blue (baby blue)
Brow center - Indigo
Crown - Violet

Mantras:

Lam - root
Vam - Sacral
Ram - Solar Plexus
Yam - Heart
Ham - Throat
Ram/Krim - some practioners put Aum/Om here.
OM (Aum) - Crown - Note: depending where you get your info, some will say there are no mantras for this chakra since it is beyond sound.

With that being laid some practioners suggest that this system is a crutch, to teach you awareness and is to be discarded later. As they really don’t exist. Which it is I leave you to figure out on your own.

Crystals: are materials, like quartz, rubies, emeralds, Obsidian, etc. that are said to have special quailities to them that can help with a bunch of things relating to your spritual development, their effects are not permanent so they are usually used in conjunction with other things, like rituals relating to cleansing, balancing and grounding.

Crossroads: simply put it means the place inbetween relams, namely the physical and the spritual planes. In most cases the astral, where you meet a spirit or the spirit that you’ve called into your temple through a ritual.

Current: a term that took quite a long to get a grasp on, basically you could say that an entity like Azazel rules over a specific type of magick and energy. And in turn his energy and power is something that, when contacted, pulls you with it like a stream. That you need to allow yourself to get dragged along into in order to get the power and knowledge you seek.

Celestial: meaning entities having a holy or sacred position usually within the right hand path. Usually refered to just the angels but that’s not right. Celestial entities encompasses a lot of other entities as well. As long as they are not cthonian or nature spirits they are most of the time celestial; dwelling in the havens. The Olympians could be considered to be celestial spirits with the exception of Hades perhaps. If they are spirits found here on earth they are land spirits or earthbound spirits. In certain cases classifying a spirit can be tricky. Like the spirits know collectively as the gatkeepers; or the gods of death they are not distinctly easily classfied to be just that. The older and more powerful they are; the harder of a time it is to pin their function and abillities down, as these tend to shift a lot through history and time.

Cthonian: belonging or having a nature belonging to the Underworld. This could be even thought of as some of these entities are rulers of the dead and thereby deals with Necromancy, in which you would be right.

Grounding: Magick is not without side effects, grounding helps lessen or remove those effects most lf the time. Grounding could be thought of as a system reboot of your spiritual system. When browsing different websites (currents of magick) or opening emails or even open linka that are attatched to an email (links to entities, things, energies around you or other people) some viruses, malware, junk files (parasites, negative energy/entities, emotions) are bound to attach to your system affecting it in a bad way. A grounding is a sweep of your hardrives and softwares of your spiritual systems and remove junk in it. This help removing restrictive energy or blockages and clear up all a lot bad stuff.

Envocation: a term I first came into contact with after reading Kurtis Joseph’s book: The Black Magick of Ahriman. From what I understand the term means that instead of of a spirit through Evocation possesses you and thereby projects its consciousness into you and view the world through your eyes. It’s the other way around, meaning you possess the spirit, viewing the world through its eyes. However I’ll let @KurtisJoseph check this to see if I got it right. And also since I haven’t reached that point in the book, it’s best to ask Kurtis or any other praciticioner that have reached that point, for a more solid answer.

Holy Guardian Angel: a series of rituals designed to meet your Aeonic self. The self that has undergone complete spritual maturity, the thing that is you but at the same time you can never hope to achieve. Usually used (it seems) interchangebly with the words: Higher Self/ Godself (God form). There’s exists a school of thought that this idea is bogus because if one already have all the power, knowledge, etc. why the need to develop anything if everything’s already in place? Then the other side says sure everything is there it just isn’t realized as your powers/abillities haven’t been activated yet, hence the development part.

Infernal: a term that is meant to desribe beings of demonic nature, I am not sure yet myself of the true meaning of term. However, I think the term itself relates to the view of demonic beings as fiery and having maligant qualities to them and in addition relates to the underworld which is where we associate is the abode of demons/devils anyway.

Invocation: is very different from evocation, I consider it to be the opposite. When you evoke you manifest the spirit infront of you using your inherent power to project it’s energy outside of yourself from the inside. When you invoke you take the essence of the spirit that’s on the outside and transfer it into yourself letting it transform you to become it, or learn its attributes or gain information about it.

(Spiritual) Hot Spots /Hot Spot= An area with intense spritual activity which has gathered there for various reasons (Abiel, 2014).

Kundalini force/ serpent (a.k.a the fire serpent): a form of energy that rests in the root chakra. The energy, when it rises through the chakras moves an coils like a snake while it rises in a serpentine like pattern. This energy is primal, and fiery and after you’ve made your kundalini rise through your chakras you’ve experienced what is known as a kundalini awakening. Oversimplified it can be thought of as a sudden form a spiritual awakening. Meaning your astral senses and mind become more attuned to the spiritual realms. However you are not done, the experience can and should be deepened by raising the fire serpent often.

Side note: the best way I know of to raise the kundalini serpent is to either do kundalini yoga or by using the methods given by Robert Bruce in the Mastering Kundalini and Energy Work course.

God Form Manifestation: the ability to bring the complete existence of a God onto the physical plane (Abiel, 2014).

Magick: see the spelling? You see magick spelt with a ”k” is what we on here do when we cast spells, contacting entities, etc. The term Magick was first termed by Alestair Crowely. As Magic with a c refered to as parlor tricks as we can see street Magicians do, like f.e. pulling at a rabbit out of a hat.

Perfect Posession: is the union of yourself and a spirit (usuall understood as being of infernal nature) eternally like you are co-piloting your body.

Ritual Implement: an item, like a leaf, stick, oil, incense, temporal items that are meant to cause an effect in accordance with the will the magicians and is usually discarded either after the ritual or sits somehwere for a time and is then removed.

Ritual Relic: Tools or items that have gained teremendous power through trancendence by ritual. They are itmes that harness energy constantly and are not something that is used and then discarded. Like a ritual implement (Abiel, 2014).

32 steps of the cross: a life long venture but can according to Dante Abiel be accomplished in a shorter amount of time a few years. It is the pathway to obtain the divine secrets of the Loa. I must add this though, I don’t know the 32 steps or its secrets as I’ve not yet become innitiated into the Haitian Voodoo current, so ask a Houngan or Mambo or the Loa to teach you when the time comes.

Names for Sorcerer and Sorceress

Demonologist: somone who studies demons but do not practice the art of calling them or anything else of the sort.

Demonolotrist: person who pratices magick specifically demonic and relates to the worship of demons like gods.

Houngan: a priest of the Vodoun or Voodoo religions. The male practioner is trained in the ways of the Loa through constant contact with them. The Houngan has entered into a secret covenant with the Loa, granting him power above all else (Abiel, 2014).

Mambo: is a priestess of the Voodoo or Vodoun current. She has like the Houngan been trained in the ways of the Loa, however it is said tha she will hold more power than the average Houngan. The women of this path are granted extra knowledge of the unseen (Abiel, 2014). .

Necromancer: a practioner who deals with baneful magick and seership by using the souls of the dead to do their bidding. Meriam Webester online dictionary define Necromancy simply as communication with the spirits of the dead. Depending on who you ask the souls of the dead can do way more than just speaking with you and giving you information how they lived. As they can improve your abillities of seership, and they dead are apparently according Koetting (2012) in his divination course really good at predicting the future and move objects in the physical word, as that is easier for them than f.e demons, as they are closer to us than the demons/angels are.

Shaman: a practioner who uses the forces of nature to heal or to casue harm or death. Usually empathises balance and was viewed as the messengers of the worlds of spirits communictae with them and bring the information back to the others. In som cultures various illicit substances are used to induce mental states that help them enter the spirit world.

Vitki: a male practioner of Norse Magick can be interpreted as a Sorcerer

Völva: a female practioner of Norse Magick can be interpreted as a Sorceress

The Four Elements of creation: meaning the forces of nature commonly understood in western traditions as being (fire, water, air, earth.) In some eastern but also at tmes in western traditionsa 5th element is added: Void/space, spirit (Ku).

Trance or Mental States

Rapture State: the loss of utter strength and also the point where mental barries and resistence fall down for the magician. His senses are also highetened and almost feel like fainting but this is the state that will lead you to the crossroads (Abiel, 2014; Koetting; 2013).

Light Theta State: when you start to see a sigil flashing, or static in the air (Koetting 2013; 2017).

TGS -Theta Gamma Sync: when the room is covered in a field of static that in due time will turn into almost like a field of blue light. This is the state needed to perform Evocation, Divination and Soul Travel.

Trance: similar to the TGS but the real difference I’ve really been able to tell is that when you are in trance, you lose perceoton of yourself or body and is usually overcome by an ephihany or vision, OBE or other spritual phenomenon.

The Three God Powers as termed by Become A Living God

Divination: the abillity to look into the past present and future, decphering omens, and messages from spirits. Also to see hear, feel, smell, taste spirits or vision e.g. exeprience the spritual world with your senses and interpret that. - thus giving the power of Omniscience.

Evocation: summon a spirit through various means, sigils, using their names, etc. usually into full manifestation before you accomplish something you want. Although evocation is more along the lines of manifesting what’s in your mind into the world outside, creating something out of nothing. Thus becoming Ominipotent.

Soul Travel: not the same as Astral Travel - with astral travel you can only travel to the astral plane and view what’s there. Soul travel is where you release your soul and travel anywhere inlcuding the astral plane but also far beyond astral plane to varous other planes of existence. In the end you may unlock you innate abillity to become Omnipresent.

FORMS OF MAGICK

Death Magick: a form a magick that uses the energy of the dead, drawing it either from fetishes or items created from skeletal parts that’s either human or an animal, or from the dead themselves. It can have some side effects but are pretty potent form of magick. Necromancer’s (primairly) uses this energy to cause harm or death or in some cases, even heal someone.

Spiritual Alchemy: refining your spritual bodies through rituals or invocations or evocations or in some cases through physical means by use of tools.

Vampyrism (astral): sucking the vitality out of someone by the use of astral tendrls or spihoning it at a distance, it’s more but this works as a basic understanding.

Vampyrism (Sanguinary): Vampyrism by ingesting blood, animal or human, it can be used to boost a ritual or working or amp up your power temporarily.

Sympathethic Magick: I like to call link magick, you use a link either on yourself or of a target like a hair, piece of clothing, blood, saliva, semen, feaces, tears, etc. to cause a healing, baneful or mind altering effect of some kind.

Shapeshifting: as the terms implies you shapeshift but you do it astrally physical shapeshifting is extremly difficult to accmplish and is considered to be nearly impossible to do by some.

Curses: are spells aimed to cause harm or teach a lesson but usually not aimed to kill, a curse categorized under baneful magick and many use the term curse synonmous with baneful magick. To me that’s NOT the same. Baneful Magick is when you kill. A curse is something placed to cause harm in some over a longer period of time, that can kill the victim. Baneful Magick is when you actually go for the kill. Note My deifnition is not the same as many others, so go by this for simplictys sake to avoid confusion; curse = death and/or harm.

Hexes: Can on the surface look like a curse but from what I’ve been able to understand a Hex is when a spirit or spirits are sent to bring bad luck or cause harm or even kill a person. Whereas a curse is caused by you, yourself without the aid of spirits through your own will and the use of your magick with tools or without.

That’s all the most common terms and such I was able to think about from the top of my head if there are more I’ll let a MOD know and hopefully they’ll add them to the list.

P.S - two more lists will follow, with other terms I’ve come across.

Enjoy.

Teras390

76 Likes

Well done

4 Likes

Thank you very much. I hope this will help beginners and maybe even some more advanced people.

3 Likes

Congrats! I actually really like it. I want to add it to the FAQ I made, if that’s okay by you.

4 Likes

Do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay then!

Done!

2 Likes

Awsome sauce. :wink:

2 Likes

Great useful information. That was a lot work thank you for your time and effort.

1 Like

Your kind words made the process worth it for sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have linked this in the OP at Some Member Resources & Tips

2 Likes

Good post

1 Like

Absolute quality post.
Love it.

1 Like

A few of the terms are mis-defined, but overall not a bad reference.

1 Like

Alright I’ll PM you to no clutter this post more than necessary. Once I know which terms are missdefined and they are corrected and I’ll ask a MOD add the corrected version in the post.

It’s quite an honor. :blush:

2 Likes

Bump. Because this would have helped when I first joined.
Thanks man :blush:

1 Like

Alot of useful information thank you for taking the time to put it in words for others use and growth.

1 Like

Wow, wow, wow. Thank you for time and effort. as a newbie this is extremely valuable to have. Bookmarked!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like