Glamor challenge?

What we’re going to do is pick on of our favorite fictional characters and work on incorporating their traits into us. For example, if you want to be more charismatic, maybe look at James Bond or if you want to be more ruthless, go with Tywin Lannister. Please be careful as it can take a toll on your psyche and many actors suffered from this happening. We’ll report back in a month and share our progresses but you can do so whenever you please.

It seems like a fun project. I realized that this happens to me unintentionally so may as well make it work for me XD

2 Likes

I want to have a perfect charisma. I’ll post my results here.

2 Likes

So, did anyone get results?

I got lazy lol but in the last week I did connect with the energy of Connor and Haythem from AC3. Too soon to say anything though

1 Like

I used to do this all the time with Hannibal Lecter.

Worked so well, but my brain fragmented a lot.

1 Like

Why with him??

Emotional control, stoicism, discipline, and a subtle charisma. Qualities that I had but I wanted to weaponize.

I weaponized them well, but in the end it caused a Hell of a lot of damage, but I fixed it up after a couple of years.

Nothing life shattering, but I got everything I wanted. LOL.

1 Like

Also, are you the woman in the video?

I can see through the glamours. I love her skull shape.

1 Like

Well that sounds pretty cool.

No lol I just found the video informative

Ah. Alrighty.

Used to do this frequently but I didn’t really—and still don’t, I guess—consider it a glamour spell or anything magickal. What she said in the video about method-acting’s more of my term for it, but then again that could be because I was that stereotypical Leo when I was a kid (stage/theater performances and all that) + current line of work.

There was quite a few, but ATM can only recall two experiences off the top of my head:

1. Elena Gilbert (the human/Season 1 version of her), The Vampire Diaries - Researched and immersed myself in her character, began a Pinterest board for her, etc. This wasn’t that difficult because I already read the books, my natural fashion style’s close to hers already and TVD was my guilty pleasure way back then.

Results: being told by many people I “reminded them of Elena/that girl from TVD”, increased empathy and compassion, consistency and clarity in heartfelt writing and journaling (this character was known for writing a lot which I needed), calmer and softer speech style, development of ambivert tendencies, helped in becoming selfless from being an originally selfish person

Drawbacks: self-sacrifice to the point of martyrdom and invalidating one’s own importance, impulsive/more emotional-based decision-making, certain women suddenly copying my style/mannerisms out of nowhere (the doppelganger element in TVD, I believe), unnecessary passivity and finally, what convinced me that it was all real and it’s time to stop embodying said character: manifesting messy, MESSY love triangles

1. Hong Seol, Cheese In The Trap - Same as above: research, immersion, Pinterest board. Studied both the Korean drama version and the webtoon version, though I aimed to embody more of her traits in the webtoon comics.

Results: serious and logical approach to things, diligence and focus (as a naturally lazy procrastinator, this was my favorite effect), increased excellence in school performance, sharper intuition and observation skills, helped in developing independence and resourcefulness

Drawbacks: too much independence (doesn’t ask for help even when it’s needed), workaholic tendencies, situations of groupwork wherein I would be left to shoulder all the work as the group leader but at the end they still want to take credit for it (recurring themes in both the webtoon and drama), increased burdensome responsibilities, attracting a guy eerily similar to the character’s (psycho-ish) love interest: mirrored me in a different way, well-known and excellent performance in school, friendly and everyone’s favorite but gradually… shown his true colors as manipulative and toxic when I found proof that he was stalking me all along (also prominent in the series)

Still get chills now and then when I think about manifesting that last drawback. Also the reason why I don’t do this stuff that much now unless really necessary.

1 Like

For some reason, I feel I have to say, I don’t sense you needing a glamour spell. Personally it sounds like you’re an empath by nature and your great at expression plus your a leo, so loads of confidence. That’s already glamour in itself :sweat_smile: Hope that doesn’t come across creepy.

1 Like

Guess it’s really obvious that I’m an empath at first glance, welp. That aside, you’re not being creepy at all. Thank you very much for the compliment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t say an empath at first glance, vibe is really strong though :blush: and you’re welcome.

1 Like

If anything your empathic nature shines through in your writing, especially what you wrote above.
Is that how you came up with your name? (if you don’t mind my asking) :sweat_smile:

Oh, I thought at first glance as I’ve had people tell me that, though I don’t really claim the term much because of the “special snowflake” stigma it has now. I’d like to say I’m just a sensitive and receptive person in general due to life experiences + the careers I end up working.

I don’t mind the question. Hmm, I came up with my username in the past because I’ve had plenty of experiences being misjudged/looked down on/underestimated for my appearance and personality. If I got paid every time someone either told/shunned me because I was “too childlike or cheerful to be a practitioner”, I’d have enough money to purchase a whole library to myself. This has gotten better and decreased over time though because gradually, you get used to it and amusingly let people believe what they want to believe. What matters is I attain the goals I set for myself and silently let the results speak in response instead. So there’s that paradox, I guess: looking and behaving like this while at the same time actually having a brain sometimes and doing the hard work? Hahaha. Also, I aimed to make the contradictory traits I have work altogether in my advantage ( a la The Chariot card lol).

Though now, my username is still this username because I’m just too lazy to change it. XD

1 Like

@ParadoxicalPAT
I’m feeling glamoured :blush: I really didn’t expect to be graced with such a long reply, if any, I thought I freaked you out :sweat_smile: I’m not really good at talking to people these days, there’s always some judgement or misunderstanding when I talk to someone.

“Special snowflake” stigma? I’m so detached from society, I don’t even know what that means to be honest :sweat_smile: (a la Hermit) :sweat_smile:
Yes we sensitive people get dumped on plenty, especially by people who have the emotional range of an old boot.

I thought maybe you got the idea for the name, being a fire sign and so attuned emotionally/sensitive at the same time, technically that’s kind of a paradox in itself. :blush: I don’t see how being “childlike” nor cheerful affects one’s ability to be a practitioner, if anything that would be something to be cautious of in my opinion, not to poke at.
Yeah letting people believe what the want, is a hard one, not getting affected another difficulty.

You mean looking and behaving like someone who loves life? :slightly_smiling_face: You’ve definitely got a brain (that’s clear XD) and that’s harder to find in this day and age, plus the get up and go to do the hard work and face challenges.

You sound like a winner all round, somehow I can’t see you being lazy though :joy:
What do you practice? That has so many in disbelief?

You didn’t scare me, not at all. In fact, that’s what I also observed from you so far: you simply want to participate and maybe even make a friend or two because you’ve found a like-minded community you feel at ease in. The awkwardness is quite obvious with the compliments and emojis lol, but then again that’s just normal. :slight_smile:

Answering your questions via PM though as we might be derailing OP’s thread already. Kindly reply there if you’d like.

1 Like

Ya know thinking about this i think I actually did this with Jack Sparrow since I was like 10 I loved those movies and I still find myself doing his manorisms and the comedy he portrays

2 Likes