Girlfriend's New Friend

My girlfriend found a new friend right when she needed new friends. Her previous friends either bailed on her or are moving on into new phases in life. Since this happened, she was feeling pretty depressed and I wanted to help, so I suggested looking for friends through an app. She found an app that lets you talk to different people from around the world. Apparently, she found this friend that lived in the same apartment complex as us. She never put her location into the app, but I have my doubts that the app didn’t take her location automatically. It turns out that they have no shortage of things in common, even the same rare blood type. We found out that her friend is a pagan. As far as I know, the only things her friend practices is tarot and using a pendulum, which are the same two things that my girlfriend has practiced in the past. It seems her friend is currently practicing these two things and maybe more, while my girlfriend stopped for a while though. These sort of things happening in my life aren’t unusual and tend to happen quite often. What is interesting is that I’m not sure how many people had a hand in causing this to happen. My desire for my girlfriend to find a friend, my girlfriend’s desire to find a friend, and my girlfriend’s friend’s desire to find a friend seem to meet here. I never did a ritual for this to happen nor did I put any significant effort into it energetically. I wouldn’t say that this friendship is perfect, but it’s odd how many similarities there were. There were also many other similarities and connections not mentioned here simply for the sake of keeping the length down. Would this be the universe at work aligning wills or would it be something else? What are your thoughts?

6 Likes

Could be that they attracted each other due to their desire for friendship. Also I know you said you haven’t done any rituals for something like this to happen…but you mention the other friend is a pagan? They could have?

I do find the distance and similarities to be curious.

2 Likes

They could have and I was wondering if they did for a while because of how bizarre the circumstances were. After thinking about it for a bit though, it seemed less likely because it seems like their focus is on divination and not on influencing events in their life. I could be wrong though

1 Like

Still, not something to completely dismiss. I’m sure you can also use divination within other workings as well, not sure since I haven’t personally done it myself.

2 Likes

I always try to keep an open mind when considering situations, so that I’m more likely to see things as they are when they happen. The consideration that her friend may have performed a ritual will be in the back of my mind. My belief for now is that her friend didn’t perform a ritual, but I’ll keep an open mind to other possibilities

1 Like

It could have been they both naturally had a strong enough intent/desire for friendship that they naturally became attracted to each other, dunno. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for the insight

2 Likes

It’s weird. There’s times I swear the universe is looking out for me. Whenever I have a shitty day I get free stuff. It’s like that time when I went to taco bell the day I got laid off and I got a $60 order for free or when I was closing my bank account because I was broke and I found $300 folded up in the bank parking lot. Stuff like that happens to me way to often to call it a coincidence.

I wish I could get a $60 order free everyday or find $300 whenever I go somewhere. I know there’s something at work here and us magicians are barely scratching the surface. If we could fully exploit it none of us would need jobs and we’d have everything anyone could ever want.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m biased, but I think sometimes people just happen into our lives that lead a very similar path. I say I might be biased because I once had a friend that lived a few doors down from my mom. Her life was like a mirror, albeit set back a couple years, of mine is so many ways. Twin flames crossed my mind, but honestly all I know is it’s freaky how alike we and our situations are and have been. We haven’t talked in a while, but somehow I think her life and mine will always be tied to some similar path. Also, I didn’t meet her until I was in my teens despite her living so close and having so many of the same interests and hobbies.

2 Likes

Some say the concept of soulmates can also include friends, meaning you also might have soulmate friends and meet them. I believe in that. This might be something similar to that I believe.

3 Likes

I must say, this is just my opinion though, not that I have anything against it, really really I’m just happy for you but as a tendency, when things look too good, then there is a catch. Just be aware of the little things… You might come to see something you don’t like on that friendship.

1 Like

Yes, I was worried about that. As a precaution, I think I’ll try to keep an open mind to all possibilities and not trust too much in what I’d like to happen. I’ll pay close attention to my dreams as well

My thoughts = I would accept it without question, and be grateful. :stuck_out_tongue: People tend to think of magic as something that we do, not something that we are. If you’re open to the general current of magic, don’t be at all surprised when it makes itself known by way of coincidence and synchronity, even if it’s in an area you’re not consciously applying intent toward.

1 Like

I accept my girlfriend’s new friendship as something positive and needed, however, I think it’s a good idea to keep my eyes open and see things as they are. Being wishful as well as fearful seem like they can cloud my ability to see things clearly. I am very grateful for what’s happened as I am with any magickal influence in my life. I find being grateful allows me to stay connected with that current or at least end the connection on good terms. I’m open to magickal influence almost continuously and it feels most natural to carry out my life in this way. I think this best describes my thoughts on the matter