Getting Magick books if you live in a country where is prohibited

This is not a question, rather the solution that @Verdo and @Veil gave me when I opened a topic asking how to do that. I went to report back to that topic but it was closed so thought of opening this one in case someone else has the same problem at some point. If it’s not the correct way to do it please @Lady_Eva scold me or delete it or merge it?

I live in a country where Magick is prohibited and I think even punishable by law :woman_facepalming:t3: Getting free copies of GoM books is not difficult but I’m not a big fan of piracy and I read about a supposed curse on the pirate copies, so not really worth it. I tried to buy a copy with a VPN and it didn’t work.

Half an hour ago I went to my Amazon account, put a random American address and voilà! A matter of a second, I had my paid copy of the book. I know it sounds super retarded and probably no one will have the same problem on this forum :sweat_smile: But in case there’s someone like me… there you go. Thanks guys for suggesting that solution!

10 Likes

You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face: I do the same thing all the time…because we can’t get kindle editions of books here in Canada, so i just put in a random U.S. address. As long as they’re getting their money at the end of the day, it shouldn’t be an issue

3 Likes

Is this on kindle?

If the question is for me, yes it is kindle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

How come? I live in Africa and getting a kindle edition in my country isn’t an issue.

1 Like

I don’t know…but on the Canadian version of amazon (which is Amazon.ca), the kindle editions of books don’t show up. What Canadians get is this message on the right side of the page:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 9.15.01 AM

Amazon.com is the American version of amazon, so if i want to get the kindle edition of the book, I have to go there. It’s silly but heh…i dont make the rules.

3 Likes

Um…I get Kindle books on Amazon.ca just fine :thinking:

I have never found a title I wanted that wasn’t available.

3 Likes

Do you live in America?

2 Likes

Nope, the Wet Coast of Canada.

2 Likes

Interesting. Well i dunno then. But for me, the kindle editions never appear on the .ca version

2 Likes

Weird. Is it all titles, or just some titles? i know there is sometimes a physical edition of a book that isn’t available on Amazon.ca, like Bruce Franzis’ Heaven and Earth Qi Gong, but the Kindle edition still is.

1 Like

yeah its all of them. For example…im on the page for Gordon Winterfields Demons of magick book right now and the only version that appear for me is the paperback one on the .ca version

But now when i go to the .com version, the kindle edition is clearly available:

2 Likes

Wow, weird, 'cause I’m on .ca right now, and it is available to me…

2 Likes

I tried typing in “Demons of Magick Kindle” on google to see if i could get a more direct link to it. So i clicked on the Amazon.ca website result and I get this (notice the message on the right). Its always been this way for me for some reason:

It says its the kindle edition…but the only actual option is paperback…

2 Likes

The only thing I can think of is that the site is somehow reading your location as US rather than Canada. When I go to .com, for example, I can still see the Kindle edition is available, but the link is blacked out, not red, like it is on .ca.

1 Like

Could the providences you live in make a difference as to what can and can’t be purchased. Sometimes (mostly in the past) things from one state couldn’t be purchased or brought across state lines. Coors beer used to be one.

2 Likes

There’s automatic location detector on the website. some sites have that where it auto detect your zip code. And available books is base on location.

Easiest solution is to use a VPN.

1 Like

I have never heard of a country outlawing magic books. May I ask what country u live in? And I did not know that books could have curses on them to punish pirators wow. Maybe u should move to the u.s.
Im so sorry that your country is doing that, it’s horrible. Its every humans right to read whatever book they want.