Genesis 3:22

I promise you that’s not true, but do you have any proof of this?

Do you have proof to the opposite?

The most obvious example is that there are multiple versions of the bible and offshoots of christianity/churches out in circulation.

1 Like

I think the real question is whether the various translations or versions somehow invalidates its credibility. It doesn’t. The large number of variants is a direct result of the sheer amount of New Testament manuscripts available.

There are no other works of antiquity that come close, all compiled within one generation while some eyewitnesses of the life and death of Christ were still alive. This is unheard of.

If you ever get to sit with and ask a historian, this speaks volumes to both the credibility and accuracy of the New Testament accounts. That’s why Jesus is cemented in history.

1 Like

A Liar from the Beginning, this is the evidence that the Yahweh god lied in the beginning. That the Serpent told the Truth. If Christ’tards would read their bibles they could discern this for themselves, instead they are spoonfed this bullshit with faithless interpretations from some elected asshole.

Lucifer, bringer of the Light,
he who sheds light,
he who tells the Truth.
This is what Lucifer means.
Embrace the Luciferian Light and Evolve.

2 Likes

I can’t edit my post now, but I just thought of something that I thought would help illustrate what I said before.

The dynamic going on in this verse works the opposite way, too. Naturally spiritually divine people who “eat the wrong fruit” and start ascending physically (instead of spiritually) get stopped by mortals who are gods of the physical world. My example: years before I became permanently possessed, when I was at the peak of my (false) physicality, I tried to become a stripper (physical goddess) and was stopped by strip club management who told me things like I don’t belong in that culture and I look like I’m somebody’s daughter. It was for my own good, because I would’ve been eaten alive. I was already getting eaten alive by much more innocuous physical things. I’m not supposed to be able to do what the gods of physicality do.

It was also around that time that I had some terrifying inner experiences of Satan (which I would never be prone to now). I was so in my physical/mortal body that the “knowledge of good and evil” that I’d temporarily gained was spiritual—my spirituality had split dualistically. Now that I’m divine and my spirituality is naturally nondual, it’s instead the physical world that I perceive to be split dualistically (knowledge of physical good and evil). I’m on good terms with the inner, spiritual Satan now but have terrifying experiences with the outer, physical form of “Satan” (worldly people and their lifestyles).

You can see this dynamic play out in every MBTI type’s inferior function, so it’s not just spirituality and physicality that it applies to. For example, if somebody’s inferior function is Fi (introverted feeling), the landscape/battleground is going to be emotional rather than spiritual or physical.

2 Likes

Well, I will try to answer this from a catholic perspective. What Satan said was a lie because of the,“and live forever” part, because it brought true death, a separation from God. As for the “us” part, I think he is referring to the angels reigning in heaven, or it might even be a hint to the trinity.

3 Likes

This is a man made book in my understanding. New testament says you will be one with God. The the modern bible is to heavily altered to be trusted. Orginal text and teachings are different from what we have today.

1 Like

The bible was written by men and is not the end all of divine knowledge by any means. Humanity has been participating in large scale group spiritual practices and astronomical observation. For over 12,000 years now.

The reason Genesis has all these strange pluralisms and little quirks that don’t add up is because its a reworking of an entire religion. It was taking an entire polytheistic version of the universe and at first singling out one of said gods for adoration (monolatry) then later doing away with all other gods completely to become totally monotheistic. The remnants of the old belief system are still there in the text similar to the way the church was built over the ruins of the old God’s temple.

4 Likes

Some food for thought here, that most likely a lot of people probably don’t agree with, or have their own opinions on.

But for me, it is a genuine opinion that I have thought about for many years, although however, I still haven’t fathomed a definitive answer for myself as of yet.

But maybe, just maybe…
The Bible isn’t full of metaphors when it’s in direct quotation of things like ‘the tree of life’?

Maybe there is/was a real life tree that had the ability to grant the eater of it’s fruits eternal life or knowledge of true divinity.

Maybe this tree was destroyed with the flood mentioned in the Bible which, apparently can be scientifically proven to have actually happened (although not as bad as described in the Bible), or maybe the tree still exists on Earth, however it is heavily guarded by angelic beings to the point where any human that found it in person would be killed, or made to forget they saw it.

Maybe the seven headed dragon in the book of Revelations is a real dragon the size of New York City? I mean - the myths of dragons did have to come from somewhere at some point? Maybe it’s a dinosaur that’s been alive beneath the ocean for thousands of years and it will shoot up one day?

I think it’s entirely possible that most of it could be literal rather than metaphorical.

I mean, the truth IS often stranger than fiction, right?

3 Likes

“Like Us” אלהים (Elohim) is a plural form that can be used for gods, judges, etc. (which obviously can be applied in some forms to humans). When talking about the GOD of the Bible (i.e. YHWH) according to Orthodox Judaism and non-Trinitarian Christians is just a “plural of majesty”. Although there’s certainly academic work that takes into account the linguistics AND other fields of study like archeology and anthropology, they seem to come to a more realistic conclusion. What some put forth is that the word Elohim is a remnant of a henotheistic or monolatristic past. There’s hints of this in the Bible itself:

“For the LORD your God is God of gods…” (אלהי אלהים/Elohei Elohim) Deut. 10:17a

This, along with some other evidences, have convinced me of the gradual evolution of Israelite thought. The monotheism presented in modern doctrine and tradition are a later developments most likely solidified around the first exile. So the way the Bible presents the “history” of Abraham and the birth of Israel as a nation as being apart of a long line of “torch bearing” monotheists is myth at best. By the way another theory is that “Elohim” implies that there were others with him, like the old divine courts. The Bible just changed the other gods to angelic hosts with YHWH.

On the subject of Elohim, Jesus, and godhood in relation to the origin story in Genesis it’s interesting to note what Jesus said. This has always fascinated me:

“The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?” John 10:33-34

I have my own conclusions but there are a few ways to look at these verses. As far as the verses in Gen. 3:5, 22 could take a stance that both YHWH and the Serpent were being truthful in a way or they were both being a little deceitful in a way. If you take the truthful approach then both of them told the truth that they would “die”. Again, YHWH meant spiritual death and the Serpent meant a physical death. Or they both lied by omission. YHWH omitted that it’s not a physical death and the Serpent omitted the spiritual. Whatever the case may be it’s not like this actually happened. It’s an allegory.

2 Likes

Jesus, I’ve legitimately not received this much information about the bible or on Christianity itself this is just a lot. I knew roughly bit here and there and I see Bael mentioned in the bible, not as a demon but a false god that the Israelites worshipped. Yahweh being Yahweh wouldn’t want his followers to worship another god now would he?

1 Like

And different kingdoms around Israel also worshipped one god over others or had other gods but were practising monolatry. Like the Kingdom of Moab had their own god, Judah had their own one which eventually became part of Yahweh I believe and so on and so on

1 Like

The only reason I first began looking into demons in the first place was well, Bael was the first to try and get me to awaken. I had this dream before when I had heard someone say “I’m Baal” and then I woke up and nearly a year later, another dream with the name “Hosea” who was a prophet opposing the worship of Bael

1 Like