Genesis 3:22

Because most Protestants are woefully ignorant of history.

1 Like

Ah, so the “complete” bible is available in all catholic countries? Which we know is complete, unabridged, and have has never been altered.

Funny that because I was in Spain recently and the bible there was pretty much the same as it is here - minus all the Gnostic texts.

Is it not the most obvious conclusion that the church HAS colluded over the centuries to distort, remove, censor any information contrary to its primary goal?

Let us say that they did😊. As a former hardcore Christian who only relied on the Hebrew there is a clan in Israel who still have an exact copy of the original Torah from the biblical times so you can always rely on that

3 Likes

I would love to see that :grinning:

Honestly, I find it unbelievable that anyone in the 21st century hasn’t wised up to the fact that the bible has been written, re-written, and written again with the church’s authority. I also find it UNBELIEVABLE that anyone could say everything in the bible is the word of God. It is, perhaps, the most ludicrous of all statements - and yet the most pernicious of all lies.

2 Likes

I’m curious as to how many of you actually studied theology and understand how translating manuscripts work. Serious question.

People who love refuting the Bible’s accuracy tend to erroneously think it was recorded like a game of telephone, and have little understanding of Jewish culture, history, or the rigiorous criterion to consider any written work reliable. It shows.

2 Likes

Freindly reminder to all to please keep this civil (just trying to get ahead of the curve here :stuck_out_tongue: ).

5 Likes

Looking at it from a xifferent perspective:

People arent alwayz concerned with who is smarter or correct. Its an emotional thing. Peopld form or join cliques and so are prone to being Cultish. Religion is a Big Cult, and if fof anything some attend church for more social reasons.

1 Like

I haven’t studied the Bible, but my reading with no context is that the key word is “man,” indicating somebody worldly/human/mortal versus divine. I’m divine and I identify with what “the lord” is saying, as if he is my peer.

If somebody’s not naturally divine, they shouldn’t have the kind of knowledge I have, because it will destroy them (it’s all a Kundalini thing). So that’s why they have to be stopped from going any further. It’s for their own good.

That’s why I’m always identifying people who are in over their heads in occultism and ushering them out.

2 Likes

I was a theology student. The question is not about how sincere the translators were but how meaningful the results were. I am not of the Jewish faith, but I fail to see how this has any bearing on my argument.

1 Like

I find that people’s criticsm of the Church’s cult like nature to be far more credible than just randomly spouting off that the Bible is not an accurate or reliable source of information, becuase the Church’s social ills are far more obvious and doesn’t really need fact checking.

2 Likes

Which seminary? What did you study? Jewish history is integral to your overall understanding of both the Bible and Christianity (which should really go without saying).

Sir, you have yet to make an argument yet. What is your argument?

University of Nottingham Bachelor of Divinity 1988

2 Likes

and, incidentally… I made a totally coherent argument… I argued from the original question that the church has edited, doctored and censored scripture for its own ends

1 Like

I took no religious sides, neither Christian, Jewish, protestant nor catholic

1 Like

I can’t just assume that was your argument. Supporting or agreeing with someone else’s argument is not an argument, but I understand now.

very good point

The hole thing just has to many conditions for me. Not to mention how many times it has been rewritten and edited over the centuries.