GD style Occultists go Ape shit this week

Check these out:

A good collection of stuff this week and most of October of them going crazy here:

[url=http://hermetic-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2015_10_01_archive.html]http://hermetic-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2015_10_01_archive.html[/url]

This article here: [url=http://hermetic-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2015/10/are-successful-magicians-hucksters-oto.html]http://hermetic-golden-dawn.blogspot.com/2015/10/are-successful-magicians-hucksters-oto.html[/url]

Nick Farel’s quote about this article disgusts me. He says: “They might have disdain for it, but how many occultists don’t have a day job? The Kybalion is nothing to do with magic or occultism. It is new thought from the 19th century (a precursor to the new age movement) . If anyone expects real magicians to work along those bogus beliefs then it is not surprising. But there are similar concepts that a magician has to be benign, loving and saint-like.”

The Kybalion is based off the Corpus Hermeticum. Of course it has a place in the occult!

Then there is this: [url=http://www.nickfarrell.it/ten-reasons-why-public-occultism-is-dying/]http://www.nickfarrell.it/ten-reasons-why-public-occultism-is-dying/[/url]

Ironically the article mentions Jake Stratton-Kent who basically took a shit on the whole GD tradition and constantly talks about how useless it is.

I think this is a good turning point to be honest, less book sales does not mean that the occult is dying, it could mean people are more focused on using one book to get their skills honed. Occult orders not having money is not a bad thing, it could mean people are learning by themselves and experimenting rather than be told how to do everything in a way that does not work for a lot of people.

Looks like the Whip of Fire (Sowilo aka Kether) is as a lightning strike being cracked upon them to thence burn down the backsides of their whipped Kabbalistic Trees back to the Source set in stone long ago (Stan Rune…Yesod Malkuth) whereas the flow of wealth of any kind is being diverted (Fehu and Uruz) as the whip is herding the cattle in a new direction. =)

Golden Dawn always occurs to me as very camp amateur dramatics.

By the time you’ve dressed up, made your tools etc I surprised any magic is done. I suspect most of the time a lot of magic isn’t done but eveyone enjoys the drama anyway and have a nice cup of tea and cupcakes afterwards.

I prefer the ethos on here of “if it’s got a name let’s have a go”.

I couldn’t make it past this bit where he’s talking about dayjobs, economics, etc., and says:

What the producers of the video do not show is that the way out of this mess is not by changing the system. The way out is spiritual.

How? “Know Thyself”!

• Remember who you truly are.
  • Awaken to your Solar Self

Yeah, that’ll pay the fucking bills, and keep me in Chanel and steak!

Sorry, my lolocopter crashed after that, I just had to conclude that none of these, erm, initiates have actually even walked a standard yogic path to complete Self-realisation, dissolution of the self, etc., but I did also happen to see Farell’s blog, and frankly the “points” he made did my head in.

Oh well.

Many people are busy being wrong on the internet - bonus points when they dress up like the cast of some fifties Hammer Horror about “Curse Of The Mummy” or something…

They’re always going on about something. Their so called “spiritual development” is evident in their endless gossiping like school-girls and venom they spit whenever a chance to do so comes along. The same as pretty much all other “white lighters.” Then they typically readily admit how mediocre their material lives are to boot. So it would seem they can’t get me laid and paid…and can’t even help me be a better person. I’m not sure what’s left to give or why anyone would listen to them.

That said, I do know a few GD magicians who are great and doing well in life. But they keep very far away from the politics. Maybe the real lesson is don’t be a politician.

[quote=“surefire1, post:3, topic:6486”]Golden Dawn always occurs to me as very camp amateur dramatics.

By the time you’ve dressed up, made your tools etc I surprised any magic is done. I suspect most of the time a lot of magic isn’t done but eveyone enjoys the drama anyway and have a nice cup of tea and cupcakes afterwards.

I prefer the ethos on here of “if it’s got a name let’s have a go”.[/quote]

I’ve tried it. Can’t get any results whatsoever. All the props distract the hell out of me.

I couldn’t make it past this bit where he’s talking about dayjobs, economics, etc., and says:

What the producers of the video do not show is that the way out of this mess is not by changing the system. The way out is spiritual.

How? “Know Thyself”!

• Remember who you truly are.
  • Awaken to your Solar Self

Yeah, that’ll pay the fucking bills, and keep me in Chanel and steak!

Sorry, my lolocopter crashed after that, I just had to conclude that none of these, erm, initiates have actually even walked a standard yogic path to complete Self-realisation, dissolution of the self, etc., but I did also happen to see Farell’s blog, and frankly the “points” he made did my head in.

Oh well.

Many people are busy being wrong on the internet - bonus points when they dress up like the cast of some fifties Hammer Horror about “Curse Of The Mummy” or something…[/quote]

Yea, he charges people money to tell them stuff you can find online for free, then he tells everyone to be spiritual, seems familiar.

Also this guy Frater Barrabbas has one of the shittiest articles I’ve ever read on Succubus/Incubbus, compared to what the people on here have posted.

Well…its nothing more than Monkeys flinging poop. Not my type of game.

Will you link that article?

edit
Found it myself and that article was simpleminded, bias and filled with doublestandard by comparing these kind of entities as “simple”, yet he compared intimacy with a Goddess as something in a league of it’s own, which I strongly disagree. Nothing in that article doesn’t fit in to my own experiences. Maybe he tried that, just like the “juveniles” he referred to?

I agree with the OP about the condensing of material. There’s numerous books out there with a supposed “occult” flavor that’s largely some kind of rehash about conspiracy theories and really off the grid shit that amounts to nothing. I’m glad a lot of it is dying out, to be honest. Some members in the pagan community comment that some of the rituals and spells have lost their original meanings and are thus useless. I’m not a pagan, so I can’t say for sure but I did read some book claiming to revitalize the “Lost Art of Enochian Magick!” It was the Opening of the Watchtower… I’m thinking to myself, “Are you gonna close it too?”

Besides, there’s nothing wrong with using occultism for money and it’s dumb to assume that people aren’t actually working on trying to “fix” economic systems- which is already a hard word to use for it. Solutions don’t come from whiners and fearful people who argue, at the age of 60 no less, like a bunch of teenagers.

That’s really sad that the Golden Dawn has went into this direction but there’s rumors that the OTO and even Masons are feeling the same way. Seems to be a certain kind of melancholic force bearing on some of the world. Except the Middle East- shits blowing up there! =D

^ THIS.

WTF is up with these people they can’t just say “I see X wearing a red hat and think the way to be my best is to eat beans and fruits, you see him with three blue tails, and think the best way is to eat steak, rats, and jaffa cakes - hey, that’s cool, party on!” or something?!

Isn’t it amazingly funny that Bill And Ted movies came up with a better philosophy than all these groups, orders, lodges, and crap:

And party on. :wink: