Fundamentals

what practices do you guys consider fundamental to your path, whether it be for evocation, sympathetic magic, or whatever gets you results. what techniques do you think contributed to breakthroughs in your own workings, such as your first calling to physical appearance, or faster results?

if meditation what kind of meditation? if a ritual what kind of ritual and how often?

drugs, herbs, pre-ritual blow job it doesn’t matter. if you think it contributes to your growing success list it.

I’m going through a period where I’m getting back to the basics and trying to strengthen my foundation. I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions

[quote=“Icarus, post:1, topic:3075”]what practices do you guys consider fundamental to your path, whether it be for evocation, sympathetic magic, or whatever gets you results. what techniques do you think contributed to breakthroughs in your own workings, such as your first calling to physical appearance, or faster results?

if meditation what kind of meditation? if a ritual what kind of ritual and how often?

drugs, herbs, pre-ritual blow job it doesn’t matter. if you think it contributes to your growing success list it.

I’m going through a period where I’m getting back to the basics and trying to strengthen my foundation. I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions[/quote]

Well, since I literally have just began getting for-real physical forms to show up(beyond astral senses only), I’ll tell you what I’ve done thus far:

Got very nice with Tarot through daily practice
So/so with pendulum
Suck with quija
Master T/G sync
Master Structuring
Master visualizations through daily middle pillar & LBPR, doing energy work/visualizations from using Keter energys.
Master Invoking Omnipotence
Master breathing relaxation meditations
Master candle scrying/scrying into darkness
Master walking around in the loud city while in t/g sync calling to spirits
Master invoking/channeling spirits using mini-rituals, asking them questions and writing down answers on paper.
Master researching the spirit for the proper subjective synthesis.
Master finding the proper offerings for the spirit.
Did I mention MASTER T/G/ SYNC/STRUCTURING AND USE IT!
Also I’m a student of Kaballah, currently climbing the Sephiroth.

Other than that, KNOW yourself through meditation practices, whatever works best for you.

As for drugs: I have a secret…nah nah nah nah nah. I have discovered a chemical that shoots you to the top of the tree, to the Ayn Soph if you so please, without fail.

I’m still debating on releasing it, but I will reveal that it is a dissociative, one of the ‘newly discovered’…perhaps in PM I will tell.

That’s what I’ve done so far, I use E.A.'s methods as my main source, with alternative sources juxtaposed for maximum results.

Drugs are bad mmmmmkay.

Lol , I am all for chemgnosis, I hear it can be a bit more rough.

Personally I meditate and then preform Jason Miller’s Pillar Ritual/ vase breath combo. I condense my energy into a part of my body are start roaming around, visiting chakras and strengthening them.

When I have some quiet moments it is always fun to drop mind and contemplate stuff.

[quote=“Orismen, post:3, topic:3075”]Drugs are bad mmmmmkay.

Lol , I am all for chemgnosis, I hear it can be a bit more rough.

Personally I meditate and then preform Jason Miller’s Pillar Ritual/ vase breath combo. I condense my energy into a part of my body are start roaming around, visiting chakras and strengthening them.

When I have some quiet moments it is always fun to drop mind and contemplate stuff.[/quote]

I really like Donald Craig’s middle-pillar energy manipulation technique. You perform the advanced middle-pillar with the colors, then when your Keter is shining, you pull the energy from it, manipulate it around your body, etc.

You can perform healings or whatever using this energy, I’ve been trying different random spells pulling it, it’s pretty cool.

Yea, of course I meditate ever chance I get haha. People at the gym look at me between sets just sitting there with my eyes in a t/g sync haze, I must look nuts.

:wink:

Visualize-Don’t just see but experience what you want to achieve. See yourself in the first person experiencing attaining a goal, feel it emotionally and immerse yourself into every detail. If your having sex feel the bed sheets against you, feel the sweat and body heat etc. If you want money experience the security of having that money, the sense of relief it brings. This pushes any kind of working be it candle, sigil, sympathetic whatever to the next level.

Meditation- Lesrn to quiet your own mind. When you can do this you’ll be better at hearing what the universe of a particular spirit has to say. You have to be honest with yourself and know when it’s your own mind and when its not. When its not it tends to be out of nowhere and give you so much more to think and build off of.

Energy work- Be it middle pillar, invocation of omnipotence etc. learn to pull energy in and them direct it. This is good for pushing energy and intent I to items or directing it in ritual.

The most important thing, at least for me, is to have things matching my personal preferences, that is, find what works to me. I dont know the meaning of most of the tarot cards, but I use them to do my readings interpreting the pictures, and it works fine to me.

E.A. has said in his mastering divination course, that it should be the object of a sorcerer to be able to see that the cards do no work at all. And it is in fact, you who is doing all the work.

He even gives exercises on how to pull “imaginary tarot cards” to do readings with them.

If you can’t do that, what makes you think the cards did anything at all? They are simply cards. You are the divine and godly one looking into the future, don’t fool yourself, the cards are certainly not doing it for you, they are simply being your tools to rediscover your own godliness.

Good Luck, and Godspeed,
-Frater Apotheosis

Lol Frater, I know its me and not the cards or the instruments of Art. But what you just said should br stressed often here and in other places also, so everyone knows that all we need is ourselves and we are all divines, we just have to clear the way so spirit and matter can united and nourish each other.

Read enough and you’ll start knowing what your going to find before shuffling, I don’t like using the word psychic but more of your intuitive abilities grow. You see things and see how they’re most likely to play out.

The most profound changes I have experienced through direct observation of my own consciousness. Regular meditation and concentration exercises have been key to this above all else.

btw TWF I’ve been doing the pendulum exercise. my god that is the most difficult fucking visualization I have ever done. the most I have gotten it to swing straight is 30 seconds, and it’s usually veering off course and spinning around after 3 seconds lol.

@Narius what kind of concentration exercises?

It’s a bitch, that’s for sure. Spoke to someone the other day who said they worked till they got 1000 successive swings so it can be done.

All the divination that i do is with the pendulum and i can sense it behaves differently with different entites, my pendulum starts to move after five to ten seconds and it moves in a straight fashion. Also the pendulum moves more or less depending on the intensity of the awnser. I love my pendulum and in the near future i hope to start with the thoth deck.

[quote=“Icarus, post:11, topic:3075”]btw TWF I’ve been doing the pendulum exercise. my god that is the most difficult fucking visualization I have ever done. the most I have gotten it to swing straight is 30 seconds, and it’s usually veering off course and spinning around after 3 seconds lol.

@Narius what kind of concentration exercises?[/quote]

Various. I have used the four cards with dots. Visualizations. Mantras. Open eyes focusing on an object, like a clocks hand (which is nice due to the ease of referring to how long you can maintain it).

Best advice I have had is to find the average time of your break in concentration and renew your focus at half that interval.

So for example if you lose concentration after 30 seconds on average, train yourself to re-focus every 15 seconds. This can help break through the first few sticking points.

Also I have noticed through experimentation that eating enough really helps me maintain my focus. Lack of food such as when fasting is great for altered states, but not so much for my level of sustained focus.

I like to keep things simple so I prefer to stick to only 2 or 3 practices at a time; so much easier to Master them.

At the core of my practices lies evocation. I do it as often as I can, mostly 2 or 3 times a week. I’d like to go to everyday though.

I prefer the shortcuts, meaning that I use a lot of sleep deprivation. Either I stay up as long as possible, or I stay up real late and then set the alarm to evoke at 3.30 am. Not because of the “magic” of this time, but the number 33 is of great significance to me. Fatigue always does the trick for me to get into Theta real fast.
On top of that I use psychotropical incense. A friend of mine makes that and this incenses contain ingredients such as Belladonna, Mandrake, Opium etc…
The first one he called “Queen of the Night” and the second one “Lucifer’s concoction”. The latter is about three times as strong as the first. Not for people who never experimented with psychotropical substances.

My second practice is scrying as much as possible. Sometimes I take the mirror inside of the circle and use it in a full evocation ritual; (Mepsitahl works wonders if you ask her to train you). in that case I put the incense right in front of the mirror so I have to scry through the smoke (seen this from Scarlet Marie). Mind you, I use simple copal resin for this. Or I just use the mirror in it’s own outside of ritual.

Meditation is also a daily practice but I vary between different techniques; the Omnipotence-mediation is great as well and the Darkness Meditation as described in WoD is awesome. Since yesterday I’ve been following the course of Remote Viewing Remote Influencing from Gerald O’Donnel. 1gve can tell you more about this.

I have a shamanic background so I also like to do “silence-mediations” in the midst of the woods, just listening and observing. It’s incredible how many messages you gan get there.

Sigil Magick for all kinds of purposes is also on my to-do list

That’s about it

Oh yes, my Pact with Azazel also works wonders! At least one time a week I evoke Azazel in order to learn.

I almost forgot,… The shamanic drum works wonders as well!

I don’t have any shamanic background other than watching the Cherokee and affiliated tribes drum and dance at powwows, but I sincerely second what Bran said about spending quiet time in the woods or whatever form nature takes near you. I personally can struggle with quite a lot of skepticism to overcome in terms of magickal practice, and the whole modern world and its physical and mental contructs make a lavishly detailed fake world to help you fully ignore the magick that’s really all around us.

Just one hour in the real world, i.e. nature can shatter all those civilized illusions about what is ‘real’. If you can sit down, shut up, and -observe- alone in nature, there is -no- ignoring the magick of our world if you’re even reasonably intelligent. Maybe a lot of you more experienced guys don’t need that, but I can often use the reminder, because I’m still getting over massive amounts of hardcore materialist brainwashing.

After that mini-diatribe, I’ll get more on topic and say for me it’s meditation, and in particular taking the time to well and truly relax -completely-. That’s not really a normal state for me from day to day, but it does wonders in opening up the way to really deep states. For anyone new that’s trying to fully make progress, my third eye did not really begin to open up until I learned to -completely- relax. Can’t stress that enough I think.

Reading tarot often, on -other people- (the more skeptical the better!) is also a huge boost to confidence, because you can get impartial or even skeptical feedback to know it’s not all in your head.

Learn to -really- trust your intuition. It’ll fucking surprise you, and trusting that is the first big step I believe to admitting your potential for omniscience, and taking action toward claiming it.