Frustration durning meditation

Hi everyone, recently after just a few minutes i feel bored and frustrated durning meditations and soul travel trainings.
Any tip to how make it fun again?

I have learned over the years that patience and force and two important thing. Having difficulties? Just push and push and force it more. You will end up doing better…

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

What kind of meditations are you doing?

1 Like

Mostly visualizing things

You could probably benefit from some shamanic journeying, which would take you deeper into the psyche than standard meditative practices.

1 Like

What is shamanic journeying?

It’s a form of astral travel, using an Axis Mundi, usually the World Tree:

3 Likes

Thanks

This one seems a bit hazardous, but it’s worth a try to see where it could take someone whose boredom with regularity of meditation is too much to allow a continued routine to happen.

Why would it be hazardous? I’ve used it quite regularly without issue.

1 Like

Oh ok. Well, then I’d trust your reputation on this one.

I’m curious as to why you would consider it hazardous, though. Is there something particular you’re thinking of?

1 Like

Sounds like it was fun for you until recently. Did something change in your daily routine? New job, new surroundings, new tasks, etc? If something in our day to day life changes, some kind of “radio silence” might occur during meditations (for example if we’re used to sense or see distinctive stuff during practice) because our mind is downright occupied with processing all of the new stuff in our mundane surroundings. Maybe your old meditation routine doesn’t fit into your current lifestyle any longer and its time to switch things up :slight_smile:

For example: my current job doesn’t allow me to sit down and to stare into the void for hours to come, anymore. I am often on the road, not sleeping in my own four walls, tending to new tasks, getting overwhelmed by the sheer amount of new faces and new places every week (I am an introvert by heart, so this is really a huge difference for me). I simply can not utilize my old meditation techniques any longer in ever changing places. I’ve started to integrate my new natural surroundings (usually forest and mountain areas) to my meditation routine. I meditate “on the go”, which was unthinkable for me before. Also, I’ve started to pay more attention to breathing techniques instead of waiting for visualizations or for something to happen out of the blue. Focusing on the technique at hand helped me to get over the incoherent mumblings of my mind, when I am in an unfamiliar setting :slight_smile:

You don’t have to stick to your tried and tested routines forever and always, if they don’t fit into the circumstances of your life anymore. There are plenty of ways to get into the “mood” for your meditation. If you are not nitpicky about accents or the tone of a voice I would suggest simple guided meditations (on YT, for example). They can also help with turning your body and your mind into a relaxed puddle, as a foundation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, it became boring and frustrating after i quit doing them for 1 week. After this 1 week i started again i felt like its really frustrating specially when i try to hold an image in my mind eye but no mattet hoe much i try, i can hold it more than a 3 second.