Forcing the Tarot

Recently I underwent an experiment on another forum to get some tarot practice. Basically, after twelve straight hours of reading, I found myself hitting the nail on the head just about every time and calling out crazy things in situations as well as answering secret questions people haven’t even asked. The thing is I’ve been using an invocation to Vassago with his seal drawn inside an equilatral triangle.The good and the bad of it is that the more I do it, the more I start channeling. At this point I’m barely even connected with the cards at all; I start shuffling, drop them, and hold on for dear life.

I personally am super excited about this! But the people I read for want to see cards. They don’t understand what’s going on and aren’t really looking for truth, just the fun of the reading. When things start happening I’ve literally had people freeze up and stare at me scared out of their minds. Basically, in some cases I need the manifestations to come through the cards for the sake of the people I’m working with. Any advice on how to make this come about? Vassago has basically said that he’s giving them better answers this way, so they should suck it up. However, that’s bad for buisiness.

1 Like

First, congratulations!

I wouldn’t read for people that are not looking for answers but just want it for fun, just me though. I would begin to evoke spirits that can help manifest what you saw in the cards. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, but if you NEED things done, evoke.

Well, as soon as you start getting genuine clients coming to you, this will be a non issue I guess. Also, try using a deck that doesn’t have labels/meanings written on them. Then they will have no choice but to listen.

Actually, I love this suggestion. I have a thoth deck but unfortunately it has the labels, and as such I haven’t actually learned the cards without them. I can read extremely well, but I don’t have them memorized in the way of the runic pathworking I’m doing. Generally the larger decks won’t have the subtitles, aye?

The Rider Waite doesn’t, which I found very helpful as it forces you to learn them.

[quote=“Orismen, post:2, topic:2088”]First, congratulations!

I wouldn’t read for people that are not looking for answers but just want it for fun, just me though. I would begin to evoke spirits that can help manifest what you saw in the cards. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, but if you NEED things done, evoke.[/quote]

Thanks friend! This honestly is the first time I’ve really felt like I’m getting the whole thing. The last few weeks were completely encased in ice, but in the last few days I’ve been hitting more catalytic advancements than I thought possible in such a short time. Also, back on topic, I think you’re right. This is a great idea actually. Honestly, it’s so bad that I don’t even get to use the cards. The second I touch them to start the pre-shuffle I already know I’m supposed to put them down. I read for my girlfriend the other night and scared the living shit out of her. She said she wasn’t just seeing what I was doing, she -felt- it. I guess reading for people who are legitimately looking for direction is part of the answer, because they’ll be open to the channel and not just looking for (exquisite) art.

I’ll check the deck out then. Honestly, at some point I want to sit down and do the week long pathworking that EA suggested for the runes with every single tarot card. This is going to take fucking forever, but I can’t help but see the value in it. I’m in love with the Thoth deck, but I’ll check out the RW as well, as I’ve heard good things.

Glad I could help. Ya know man, if your getting incredible results like this, I don’t see any need for pathworking them. As long as you do the charging like EA suggests you’re good to go :slight_smile:

I understand completely what you mean. As much as I adore the Thoth Tarot I refuse to read it for most people on an in person basis (unless I’ve read for them before or they ask) I’ll use the Rider Waite as it has no words on it like the Thoth and the pictures of the minors help convey the idea of the card (like 10 of wands is easily understood by the picture vs the word oppression).

As far as clients go if you read for people you’ll always have those who are just looking to try a new experience and don’t take it seriously. As well as those who are looking to make you out to be a fool or charlatan. As Seeker pointed out the more genuine clients you get they’ll refer more people to you.

BTW I recently started working with Vassago using the pendulum and have noticed increased results, in as much as the more definite the answer the harder the swing of the pendulum.

Yeah, I actually got the idea of using the triangle and the seal from your facebook banner! Haha. I will say though, this is one of the first times I’ve hit the ball so far out of the park, and also the first time I’ve really felt energy. The table I set up and the triangle itself just bite at my fingers the second I touch it. I can legitimately feel the energy and it’s a great experience.

I highly, highly recommend working with Vassago for people that are truly interested in mastering divination. He kicked my ass up the ladder pretty damn fast.

TWF I have already started recommended people to you. I also may like to ask you some other questions as well in pm for others who want a reading.

[quote=“Walker602, post:11, topic:2088”]Yeah, I actually got the idea of using the triangle and the seal from your facebook banner! Haha. I will say though, this is one of the first times I’ve hit the ball so far out of the park, and also the first time I’ve really felt energy. The table I set up and the triangle itself just bite at my fingers the second I touch it. I can legitimately feel the energy and it’s a great experience.

I highly, highly recommend working with Vassago for people that are truly interested in mastering divination. He kicked my ass up the ladder pretty damn fast.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean there’s a palpable energy you can definitely tap into. I’ve been considering making a box to keep my cards in and “charge” when not in use using different spirits of divination. Vassago was the first I decided to use after Sultitan had mentioned his own practice wih the spirit, and after the improved pendulum results I may continue working wih Vassago.

[quote="-TWF-, post:13, topic:2088"][quote=“Walker602, post:11, topic:2088”]Yeah, I actually got the idea of using the triangle and the seal from your facebook banner! Haha. I will say though, this is one of the first times I’ve hit the ball so far out of the park, and also the first time I’ve really felt energy. The table I set up and the triangle itself just bite at my fingers the second I touch it. I can legitimately feel the energy and it’s a great experience.

I highly, highly recommend working with Vassago for people that are truly interested in mastering divination. He kicked my ass up the ladder pretty damn fast.[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean there’s a palpable energy you can definitely tap into. I’ve been considering making a box to keep my cards in and “charge” when not in use using different spirits of divination. Vassago was the first I decided to use after Sultitan had mentioned his own practice wih the spirit, and after the improved pendulum results I may continue working wih Vassago.[/quote]

You are a fount of good ideas. Seriously; damn. I know some people really stress not using tools, however personally I really feel like they help the energy flow better. I’m excited to see the stuff you put up on your shop.

Just don’t fool yourself into thinking you have to use them. There’s nothing wrong with tools, they’re a focal point of intent, when you put time into creating something for a specific purpose you give it power. Even the act of consecrating something is an act of designating intent for that objects use, but that it a topic for a different discussion.

TWF

Actually, I love this suggestion. I have a thoth deck but unfortunately it has the labels, and as such I haven’t actually learned the cards without them. I can read extremely well, but I don’t have them memorized in the way of the runic pathworking I’m doing. Generally the larger decks won’t have the subtitles, aye?[/quote]

Forget the Golden Dawn names. If you don’t know the meaning of the cards simply by their appearance, you haven’t understood the symbolism of their images. And that means you don’t know tarot. It’s not about memorising anything.

And that’s why Crowley’s deck is … well, let’s just say that the symbols and energies associated with it, which are not the ordinary Quabbalistic/Hermetic/Alchemical ones of the Rider Waite, are the same ones that lead him through the sort of life he lived. Be careful.

Actually, I love this suggestion. I have a thoth deck but unfortunately it has the labels, and as such I haven’t actually learned the cards without them. I can read extremely well, but I don’t have them memorized in the way of the runic pathworking I’m doing. Generally the larger decks won’t have the subtitles, aye?[/quote]

Forget the Golden Dawn names. If you don’t know the meaning of the cards simply by their appearance, you haven’t understood the symbolism of their images. And that means you don’t know tarot. It’s not about memorising anything.

And that’s why Crowley’s deck is … well, let’s just say that the symbols and energies associated with it, which are not the ordinary Quabbalistic/Hermetic/Alchemical ones of the Rider Waite, are the same ones that lead him through the sort of life he lived. Be careful.[/quote]

This brings up an interesting question. Can you elaborate more on the differences between the two decks Poete?

I have both and I have been reading form both. They have very different energies, and admittedly I have never tried to look into the differences between them.

It’s all in the hands my friend.

VERY interesting! Thank you Poets Maudit. Now I am going to break out both decks and see what else.I can find. Yay for “Winter” break between semesters.