For those of us who need props for the time being

I have a staff I found out in the great outdoors along with two sticks for wands.
Id like to associate the staff with a particular spirit, one that comes to mind is Asmodeus, but have not yet set that intent.
So, now it comes to the topic of enchantment once dedication has been done, and we should probably consecrate it first.
So, dedicate, consecrate, enchant.
So we have countless examples of how to consecrate it, but what about dedicating it and enchanting it, to enchant it, do we just put our palms out facing it, set our intent to enchant it with that Spirit, so we need to even once pick it up and that spirit is there, while chanting a mantra or enn over it? Then how to test?

1 Like

As far as I know, these are three words for the same thing. Just different traditions.

No need to overdo it.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ve heard of occult vs pentacostal stories, including a cloak found somewhere in Europe that would glow in the dark, and took a circle if faith to break it.
This implies someone had strong intention to be seen at night, just a traveling cloak.
So, Asmodeus, Bael and Orobas have been on my mind this morning. Out of the three, which screams speak softly and carry a big stick?

2 Likes

Dedicating an item is really just an oath to it to set it aside for specific uses. I see it as an emotional component.

Consecrated the object by getting rid of the negative emotions and adding the intent of it being a sacred object. Say, running it through a cleansing smoke or water, followed with anointing it with blood or oil.

The enchantment part is the working where the item is given specific energies or charged with specific tasks.

These are my subjective opinions of those words and the (simple) actions for them.

2 Likes

Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like