For the Old Magicians Here

I know this could cause a shitstorm, but I’d love to hear from serious magicians in this thread. There are so many folks here who use magic only as a way to get laid (nothing wrong with that), but there’s far, far more to it than that.

Those of you who have been practicing for a while, who may be a bit older than most on here, and who practice ritual magic as a way of life, and have for many years, please share something about what you do, please.

For example, how has magic changed your life? Have you worked the entire Qlippoth (if that is your path), and what did it do for your personal evolution? How has your relationship to your chosen deity or spirit manifested in your life?

For those who no longer feel a need to wear Satanic tshirts, large Satanic jewelry, and carry the Satanic Bible around as obviously as possible, to those who stopped dying their hair black, only dressing in black, etc., what was the experience that made you realize this is an inside job regardless of what others think?

And my favorite question for those of you who have had physical manifestations in your house due to working with Goetic and other dark spirits, what happened? Did you banish them or learn to live with them? Did you welcome them in in the first place, or was evoking them an “accident?”

Let’s hear something from the Old Farts! :smiley:

7 Likes

I discovered LaVey in the mid 80’s when i was 15 years old. That guy had a major impact on my thinking. A bit later, i discovered chaos magic. Did a brief stint in the Temple of Set in the late 90’s. Several years later, it was Temple of the Vampire. A few years later, I came here and started working with evocation. That is my magical pedigree in extremely condensed form.

As to how relationships manifest, it has always been in terms of material results and practical gnosis. I tend to view anything else as mysticism. Spirits do occasionally show up unbidden. How i deal with that largely depends on whether they are creating problems.

More recently, I was handed reason to delve into ToV teachings again. Let’s say I met some interesting people of whose existence I was previously uncertain. In any case, such teachings as I possessed were already hardwired in so there was no getting rid of it.

4 Likes

First world problems :rofl:

It liberated me from the idiocies of the interactions between humans aimed to get love and/or sex.

I did, and… complex subject, the Qliphoth are not a single thing and can be viewed in a variety of ways.

I haven’t chosen anyone, they chose me.

There is a lack of Thelemic merchandising

I would call the way I work with my incubi and succubi a physical manifestation.

1 Like

Could you tell us more about this? What kind of problems do they cause? How did you fix them?

1 Like

That is usually a matter of banishing in the normal sense. Then it’s a matter of fixing whatever practical problems they caused. Sometimes that means using magic. Sometimes it means using a chainsaw.

5 Likes

Hey, I like my hair black…

I dress only in black because I don’t have to worry about colour combinations and it’s always classy

What do you mean “for a while”? I’m not doing low magick but first you have to define what’s the “for awhile” or I’m getting disqualified due to my decade-long break.

2 Likes

I guess that leaves out those of us goths who have been serious practitioners for nearly 20 years :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. We may have been in the TOS around the same time, but I hung on for 14 years. I also did a brief stint in the ToV, which was a load of fun for a while. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, it’s out there. I’ve run in to more than a few shops catering to Thelemites.

1 Like

Ideally, I suppose it would mean for at least 20 years or more (I’m currently at 40+). I find that people still early in their practice have yet to reap most of the benefits of a lifetime of magical practice. Not everyone, of course, but everyone I’ve met so far. :wink:

1 Like

Not really. Are you practicing or just dressing? I’m not trying to insult you, but most of the people I’ve met who call themselves goth are referring to a personal fashion style rather than a magical practice. Maybe you do both?

2 Likes

Don Webb was hp at the time. Then I heard Zeena took over. I heard that was…interesting.

1 Like

For example, how has magic changed your life? Have you worked the entire Qlippoth (if that is your path), and what did it do for your personal evolution? How has your relationship to your chosen deity or spirit manifested in your life?

Magick hasn’t changed my life. I changed my life. I make decisions and I make it happen one way or another. Magick is one tool in the toolbox.
For personal evolution, it balanced energy, clears blocks, returns lost spirit fragments, provides conversions, experiences and views I wouldn’t get from incarnate entities.
I do not have a ‘chosen entity’, I don’t even get why someone would limit themselves this way. This isn’t Disney and there is no ‘the one’.

Never did the logo thing really, though I have band tees… I don’t see what it’s got to do with magik.

I DO dye my hair black and only wear black… ok and grey.
I’m elder goth, also nothing to do with magic, I’ve been goth since the 80s when it was laughed at. Now it’s just another form of self expression, which is sort of the point. Having some sense of how you express yourself can change from inner work, but there’s no rule about what you can or cannot wear to do that.

And my favorite question for those of you who have had physical manifestations in your house due to working with Goetic and other dark spirits, what happened? Did you banish them or learn to live with them?

Neither. I don’t banish, they have things to do and they go off and do something else on their own. A spot of company now then then is appreciated, it’s no different than having a friend call or stop by, and I can call them too if I want.

3 Likes

Goth is my aesthetic and it stretches into my spiritual practices because I connect better with that particular film over my magic. Most magicians have some sort of aesthetic preference that helps them connect to their currents better.

For the new agers it could be the flowers and crystals vibe. For the kitchen witches it could be the old cauldrons and wooden spoons and a well stocked spice rack.

For me it’s blacks and reds and traditional satanic imagery. It helps get me in the head space to sync up with the currents.

Lesson being I suppose is be careful not to judge a book by its cover. And I think many regular members here can vouch for my authenticity.

6 Likes

True - this can be important in some currents as well. I’m studying Taoist magick and the color of robes for a ceremony is closely tied to the intent of the working. Black for receiving from source, white for giving to source, gold for manifesting/building in the earth realm etc.

For any other kind of magick I just wear normal clothes.

Same reason the athame for carving candles has a white handle or candle colors are used in Wicca, really.

2 Likes

I’m still alive. Without magick, I would have taken my life.

Never touched the stuff.

Don’t have a “chosen” deity. I do not worship.

This question assumes that in order to be a “genuine” Satanic or Left Hand Path magician that you have to rock the poser aesthetic at least some time in your life and that is just nonsense. I have been LHP for 25 years, way before people like EA Koetting were mainstream, and the main influence in the beginning of my magical career was Aleister Crowley. I was far more interested in going against the traditional religious dogma in thought and practice than anything else so I never felt the need or desire to dye my hair, or dress in black, or wear Satanic band t-shirts, or anything else that rebellious teenagers are wont to do because that shit has nothing to with magick at all and I knew that from the start.

I banish regularly and always have, even though I have been so heavily shielded from a young age that it doesn’t really matter as far as spiritual phenomenon goes. I consider it basic spiritual hygiene though.

3 Likes

I turn 40 this week. I guess I fall into this category. Nothing but fiber shakes, sudoku, and Murder She Wrote reruns from this point forward.

I don’t think it has as much as it has empowered me to make the changes I needed for myself and my family. It’s a death march of self-perfection, a constant refinement… that carries into other aspects of your life.

I haven’t, but this is most likely the next stage of my overall evolution.

I have an affinity for quite a few deities and honor them regularly. Maintaining positive relationships with them so that, when I need them, we already have a connection. Nothing irritates me more than seeing people looking to work with spirits and energies with the sole purpose of taking as though they were some sort of interplanar Santa Claus. Like any relationship, there has to be a balance.

I was never the one who did it for fashion. My sister was and it drove me crazy. Then I found out she was CoS and I was like “ah… makes sense…” I lean toward black because I like the color, but I never wear all of one color. Smacks too much of herd conformity to me.

Some, but they usually like to mess with others instead. Spirits, shadow people, low level stuff… freaking my kids out and making my wife all uptight. We’ve had old friends chased out of certain rooms who’s energy didn’t mesh well with them. Been kinda quiet recently though.

I don’t banish anything typically. I set ground rules. “You are welcome to occupy this space as long as you don’t harm my family…” and for the most part, they do what they need/want and then go elsewhere. Only had to banish one time, largely because it seemed that multiple things were conflicting and had to clear the house for the sake of the sanity of my kids.

When I had to banish, it was when my ex was “playing” with opening portals and had no idea what she was evoking. She got something off the internet and did it all wrong. She got scared and didn’t close it at all. After a few months, I had to close it all down because the energies were causing issues. Generally, my home is open and all, even the shadows, are welcome.

2 Likes

i don’t know dude,…

Just got craploads of work i guess.^^

:smiley:

maybe this describes it best.

107307216_980605692395536_8057854272925111029_n

you know, picture says more than a 1000 words. ^^

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

1 Like

Not sure if old magician would fit for me as I am only 27, but I have been practicing for over a decade so I guess I could answer these.

It has changed my life considerably. I am no longer emotionally spiralling towards self destruction in the very extreme sense and have built my life up from a combination of magic and hard work. I do not know if I would be alive right now if it were not for magic.

I have not walked it fully yet, although I am developing relationships with the ruling spirits. So far, it has solidify my confidence and my endurance to deal with intense situations. I will have to get back when I have worked with it more.

I do not worship nor have a patron in the traditional sense. I’ve had many teachers with the spirits as I have continued to walk my path that I have deep respect with. As far as manifestation goes…i would say my calmer temperament has been on of the bigger changes that has occurred since developing deeper relationships with these beings, as well as a sense of boldness to make risky decisions.

Honestly, I don’t think there was a time when I thought it wasn’t. If I cared about what others believed, I wouldn’t be here. I chose this path because what others were “approving” did not work for me.

As far as personal fashion choices go, which are outside of my spirituality, I am a casual goth myself. The only reason I did not go all out is mainly because I could not afford it lol.

I’ve had some manifestations, but nothing necessarily dramatic or dangerous. If they are not presenting any harm, I usually just leave them be. Most of them I welcomed anyways, although there have been some that just wandered in.

2 Likes

[quote=“Mornaug, post:1, topic:118547”]
Those of you who have been practicing for a while, who may be a bit older than most on here, and who practice ritual magic as a way of life, and have for many years, please share something about what you do, please.

Can’t. There are rules and my Aeonic work is inherently political. It involves handing at least three countries and their peoples to another set of people. So far I’ve been involved in Aeonics for almost twenty-three years and the operation began fourteen years ago. Aeonic Magick has really long timelines.

Al.

1 Like