Florida Water - Knowing the diff between legit waters and bunk flower water

Pretty obvious what this is about. I had assumed you could immediately detect legitimate Florida water of you’re sensitive - or at least put your intent into the detection thereof, but now I’m not sure.
I was at the usual Botanica today - a pretty legit place - definitely filled with all sorts of spirits, the son and his mother are literal nuclei in the center of a cloud of spiritual energy.
So - I asked for some Florida water. Kid says, “yeah, right here”
Pulls a bottle off the shelf. I look at it - try to tell if there’s anything particularly energetic or spiritual - nothing. So I ask, “Is this legit?”
Kid says, “yeah - this stuff’s legitimate. I know there’s a lot of waters out there that aren’t, but this one is.”
Obviously, just because the kids surrounded in a literal cloud of conscious energies doesn’t mean he can’t lie.
But yeah - any “at the store” tests? Any specific thing to look for? Just to know? Maybe some particular labels that are for sure legit labels (aside from the possibility of bootleg waters :P)
The bottle I got was prepared by Lanman And Kemp
[url=http://lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm]http://lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm[/url]
Thoughts?
As I sit here with the bottle and look at it - hold on, I’m going to try this one more time in the privacy of my home, one sec …

… yeah - I’m not sure about this one. I get a strong “magnetic” push when I run my hand across the top, but that’s about it as far as perceiving anything extraordinary about it. Plus the website doesn’t note any type of special preparation.
I know nothing about this stuff, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Florida water is ALIVE … do you feel, see or otherwise sense lifeforce? sentience?

I never heard of buying Florida water…I thought you prepare your own over a period of time…

Maxx

DK,
Trust your gut if you think it might be suspect don’t buy it. You should check out Dante Abiels website dantesinfernal.com. He sell Florida water there. As well as a few other Vodoun waters. I bought a bottle of it and it is amazing stuff.

Ok ok - I just opened it, poured a little in my hand and rubbed it between both hands. I then let it “vapor” off a little and did some palm pressing. It definitely has an essence to it. In fact, it almost feels like the inside of a church - if that makes sense. I can definitely connect with it. I don’t know why I couldn’t sense anything when the bottle was closed. How odd is that? Though - alive … hmmm …

@Reaper - I think what I’m going, I’m going to order some from Dante as well and compare the two. Not just to legitimize my purchase, but to really know what Dante prepared, legitimate Florida water feels /acts like for reference.

@Maxx - yeah, as long as an initiate makes it - you can buy it. The problem is, there’s a LOT of snake oil waters out there. And, having almost zero experience with Florida water - I wasn’t sure what to look for.

So - thank you guys for your help! :smiley:
Truly appreciated!

If you put a bit of florida water on your third eye it gives it an interesting refreshing sort of feeling.

going to have to give that a go :slight_smile:

@DK The Mage…I am not an “expert” on this by any means, but…From what I have seen, that brand of Florida water is commonly used…It is popular in many botanicas…I used it a few times in cleansing and herbal baths for protection and invisibility…also with a special herbal mixture called Omiero prepared by the owner of a botanica I used to frequent…I think it has it’s own energy, but is an amplifier of sorts…It all depends on how you use it or what you are mixing it into…

[quote=“Sukujin”]I am all for Dante and DePrince and others selling their kick arse waters! But as we are Becoming Living Gods we need to be able to arrange and aquire our own shit independant of anyone ealse.

I may have missed the point BUT I think that any practioner needs to be independant, we need to know how to do this shit without relying on any source beyond ourself![/quote]

You are correct, Sukujin! And I absolutely support any & all who choose to bless, consecrate, imbue, bind & curse as they see fit. However, there is another aspect to this, aside from ability … Luxury & Efficiency!

We all have our busy lives, and for some doing the work of the little details is simply something they’d rather leave to others … sort of like, I can bake a cake from scratch, no prob! But I like the convenience of the mix in a box - and even the bakery occassionally…

Having said that, I always love to see practical advise in the forum, and your simple ritual for Blessing & Consecrating Water IS good, practical advise!!! :wink: Z

No offense, so don’t take it personal, but if you bless in the names of “(your God and Goddess)”, don’t you rely on an external source then?

Sukujin. You have “blessing the water” which is fine. Everybody who’s everybody knows how to charge water and prepare something that can decently dissolve unwanted energy. And that’s pretty much what you get with holy water as well. It’s just ok.
Then you have “BLESSING THE WATER!” :stuck_out_tongue: hehe
And this is something not too many people can do. You have to be a high level mage in order to make water of this type.
You see, in hermetics, in order to make a magic wand. Not just a stick that you’ve charged, but a specially designed wand that can cause change in the world immediately, you have to be able to transplant your consciousness into the wand. Like literally leave your body, and become one with the wand, building the want a new energetically from the ground up. THEN you have to be able to charge it with so much energy that you can’t even touch it with bare hands or it will give you a pretty serious jolt.
Same with binding spirits. You have to call the spirit, transplant your consciousness and MERGE with the spirit’s consciousness, sometimes forcing it against its will to be bound to any object. I’m not sure exactly how the binding process works, but it’s not an easy thing, and it can be quite dangerous.
Making REAL Florida water is no joke. You can make your own if you know how to do it and can perform these high level techniques.
It is said that real Florida water actual illuminates in the dark.
So - that’s the difference. Of course you have grades in between. And then of course, you have bunk. I want the stuff I can’t prepare yet :stuck_out_tongue: heh - because it works REALLY well.

It appears that way. More commonly named cedar wood essentail oil rather than Morocco Oil… terminology easier to request in some places.

Maxx

That is 2 x’s…

I know were you can get legit Florida Water and thats right here [url=http://dantesinfernal.com/Vodoun_Waters.html]http://dantesinfernal.com/Vodoun_Waters.html[/url]
Still have mine and it still works
BP

Well, for the most part, florida water is florida water.

It can be charged as you want.

It is traditionally used to attract good spirits, like in a Misa. It is also added to water you would use to mop your house (if you have tile floors for example).

In Santeria and Ifa, I’ve rarely heard of anyone making it.

It is usually used for it’s perfume scent.

Buy it, use it with intention and you are all set. :slight_smile:

I always use the Florida Water by Lanman & Kemp (a formula from 1808), traditionally used in Hoodoo, Santeria and Haitian Voodoo.

I charge by a specific Lwa or by the method described by Koetting in his book “The Spider and the Green Butterfly”.

[url=http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm]http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm[/url]

Maldoror

[quote=“Maldoror, post:16, topic:331”]I always use the Florida Water by Lanman & Kemp (a formula from 1808), traditionally used in Hoodoo, Santeria and Haitian Voodoo.

I charge by a specific Lwa or by the method described by Koetting in his book “The Spider and the Green Butterfly”.

[url=http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm]http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm[/url]

Maldoror[/quote]

It really is too bad The Spider and The Green Butterfly is not going to be in the mega-oire. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and just purchase that one of these days.

Also …
FUCKIN WIN! :smiley:
“”"
DK The Mage

Magician
“”"
666 POSTS … WHOOOOO!!! hahaha
oh shit, and numerologically … 1390 likes immediately reduces to 13 then 4 … oh yeah …

[quote=“DK The Mage, post:17, topic:331”]Also …
FUCKIN WIN! :smiley:
"""
DK The Mage

Magician
"""
666 POSTS … WHOOOOO!!! hahaha
oh shit, and numerologically … 1390 likes immediately reduces to 13 then 4 … oh yeah …[/quote]

DK, you hit the Jackpot!!

Lannmen And Kemp make the original Florida water how ever that doesn’t mean you can’t get better quality waters elsewhere. More than likely the fragrances used are synthetic but I can’t be sure as the ingredients are not clearly listed .A recipe consisting of essential oils instead fragrance oils would be far more powerful and “alive” .That said you can decide to make your own it’s really not that hard, shop for a hand blended one on line (try Etsy) or use what you have ,I have used Lannmann version for years and I have also made my own which I prefer when possible.

Yea Xavier, we have it in Brazil also. There is a lot of scams, but a lot of working Umbanda, Quimbanda, Candomble temples here.

You will find dead animals on the streets, but its a true legit working of offerings to the spirits of our systems to get goals fullfilled.

If you have problems here, you can easily ally your self with a temple to get protection or your stuff done, and the spirits are very powerful also.