First time demon summoning!

Thank you for sharing that with me. I just hope what I thought earlier doesn’t hurt the result now.

Another thing is that I feel a bit anxious about working with demons despite the fact that for most people (and now including myself) it’s harmless to the magician. My feelings about this do not stem really from own beliefs but more so from warnings I’ve heard non magicians say and christian notion that working with them taints your soul or even damns you in the afterlife. Deep down I believe these aren’t true, I’ve read about the astral world and I know that logically there are near infinite realms in the afterlife not just the christian heaven and hell that world engrains into people’s minds.

Here is one notion:

" But of course, “daemon” is a scary word, right? **?Daemons have been ‘dem’ onized by religion for centuries. Contact with them is “forbidden by God,” and they will only bring about your destruction if you should use magic to conjure them up, right? Pay no attention to the priest behind the curtain.

A daemon is really a portion of humanity’s collective unconscious, and since you are human, you have every right to establish contact. A daemon is an ancient subroutine built into the “programming” of our species. A daemon is something that is even, perhaps, hardwired into us. But it is something that civilization has repressed and tried to get rid of. Daemons have slipped beneath our conscious awareness where they now control us from the shadows, often without our knowledge. You might even say that our animal instincts are daemons—though, to be clear, daemons can be much more than that. Sometimes they even represent previous stages in the evolution of our species."

1 Like

Good article. I feel both relieved and enlightened. I think the key is to have confidence.