First results

Hello everyone, I asked this in @BeastCreature Quick question thread but I got no replies. I didn’t want to create a thread just for this but I really want to see what responses you all have. My question is How long did it take for you guys to get your First results since you Began magic? I asked this because I’m very curious as I’ve heard it vary from person to person, from just a few months up to 10 years.

Thank you

3 Likes

When I was a kid, I prayed to Aphrodite to bring me a love, but I didn’t really believe it would work, so it didn’t.

As a teen, I was a Wiccan & had good, fast results with spells. I made a sachet (not really a mojo bag, just a little herbal pillow I made & embroidered) to meet my favorite band & it was timed to the first concert I went to. I didn’t believe enough & didn’t ask for as much as I wanted. I believe that’s why I only met 2 of the 4 band members after the show. I also had mundane knowledge of where they were staying & when they usually would come to meet fans, so that helped.

Another time, in high school, I did a love spell & the flame in the cauldron shot up 2 feet or more & burned the ceiling. I did the spell before school & it worked by the time I got there. A guy that was only mildly interested in me suddenly found me fascinating & followed me around like a puppy dog. It freaked me out (& I liked him less this way), so I “undid” the spell, so to speak & he ended up hating me & that was pretty quick, too.

I’d say intent & belief are very important to making magick work & making it work quickly. But it also probably depends on what kind of magic you do.

4 Likes

I see, very interesting experiences. I find it fascinating whenever I hear about people practicing magic and getting results that early in their life.

2 Likes

I think some people are born more magickally inclined, so to speak. Like some people are born more artistic or athletic or whatever. My grandma would have psychic dreams & I inherited that from her. I also was born near 3am on a full moon & I seem to have more psychic/divinatory ability than average & have always been able to communicate with spirits easily. But, I also think, like art or sports, that one can get better with practice, too. So don’t give up if you haven’t gotten the results you want, yet. Just keep practicing & you’ll improve.

6 Likes

With asking demons it took 5 months, rituals with books like cashbook and words of power worked within weeks , however before starting Magick I was a hardcore follower of law of attraction teachings for 10 years so was already very connected with my soul and universe which helped the Magick . Also some Magick methods never worked for me like sigil making with an intend , or anything too technical with lot of rules !

1 Like

From few minutes to one or two months, depending on the work. Also the strenght of the effect varies, but to be honest, so far I haven’t put all my will and dedication on every work I do, so that’s expected.

2 Likes

I remember being a young teen and doing devastating work with simple candle spells.

2 Likes

My first castings took effect immediately, but I saw it as strange coincidences since I didn’t understand what took place. Almost did not want to believe it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was and I was fucked Magickally. I reckon I made pretty well every mistake. Took me years. Honestly, I don’t know why I persisted. I’d probably be wealthy now if I hadn’t. But as my Magickal teacher instructed me, ‘Magick is like a plane with just enough fuel to get from A to B, so after the half way point there’s no turning back’ and he got that one right!

Liber Null & Psychonaut enabled my Magick, but admittedly by the time I read it I knew what it was teaching. Anton LaVey taught atheistic Magic(k) and it is the essence of our path to individual divinity.

Al.

2 Likes

What do you mean? I’m sorry you’ve had such a rough time.

1 Like

About a week.

3 Likes

Roughly a week after I started making contacts.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know that some people were just magically gifted like this. Are your initial magickal abilities just determined arbitrarily or are they mainly just inherited like other physical traits? Or is it mainly to do with environmental factors such as how @IrisAthena was born during a full moon?

Thanks in advance

I think some of it is or can be inherited & that environmental factors can play into it, as well.

1 Like

I was Magickally inclined but a primary school student with no money, no car, no Magician teacher and only the public library. That’s why I was fucked. There’s only so much information you can glean from authors who aren’t Magicians, writing books for sales with a bare breasted black woman and strangled chicken on the front cover. That was the 1970s into 1980s. At that time the only people who used incense were dope smokers.

Al.

1 Like

Oh, I understand now & I’m sorry. That’s rough. I remember the days of the card catalog & reading books with only a tiny bit of useful info. Hugs.

You remember the card catalogue! Those were the days. Younger Magicians have no idea!

Al.

2 Likes

Totally! And I think I got put on some kind of list cause of the books I’d check out, LOL! Peeps at the library did not like me.