First failure with Orias

So I evoked Orias a while back so he would convince the person grading my exam that my answers were actually worth more than they were. I wasn’t asking for much really, just a couple of marks. I literally got worse marks than I usually do and I also had a pretty good feeling about that particular exam.

How come?

2 Likes

Persuasion isn’t guaranteed. Likely the examiner has more control over their thoughts/focus/perception than you were giving them credit for.

1 Like

I admit I don’t think highly of them… however Orias surely must be strong right?

1 Like

King Paimon would probably have been a better choice.

1 Like

Yes, but he can’t defy anyone’s True Will. Someone tried manipulating my thoughts with Orias, and it failed because I knew my mind better than they did. I also have strong Will. The person who sent Orias to mess with me also thought lowly of me, which was their mistake. And it’s clear you made the same mistake about the examiner.

3 Likes

How come?

1 Like

Let’s say I wanted to kill my examiner, who should I call upon?

Your sense of perspective would be first.

One exam, not worth leaving a shattered family and grieving over, is my opinion.

9 Likes

Why not? People here kill for fun!

Because it won’t take you closer to your goal - you could have studied for the exam, other people pass it without supernatural help, but okay, you naturally roped in a little spirit help. You also failed with that, which happens to all of us sometimes, we shoot and miss, in whatever way and for whatever reason.

If you make this guy your focus you are giving away that fact that the power to pass lay within you. He hasn’t victimised you, he’s the gateway person that would have made passing the exam worthwhile.

3 Likes

Those that do usually do not actually amount to much or have motives which they do not reveal but instead hide under facades for the sake of privacy. Think about the resources and effort involved and ask is it really worth it to expend that much energy and power over what amounts to marks on a piece of paper. How much it will cost you vs the gain that can be made from directing that energy to different routes.

Keep in mind I do enjoy being an evil bastard on occasion but I direct my attention proportionately to those that draw it and don’t frivolously bring destruction without some larger overarching goal. My research into the destructive powers of necromancy for instance is now invaluable to my healing practices and has contributed greatly to my ability to control living vital energies that has payed off way more than the destructive aspects.

2 Likes

Please everyone, I was speaking hypothetically. I mean, I’ll take it as a compliment that you think I would be capable of killing someone when I can’t even properly use Magick for a little benefit!

I completely own up to this shitty grade I got as it is the course I’ve studied the less for, for the benefit of the other courses I’m enrolled in. It just pisses me off to know that I wouldn’t have to sit the second exam if I had gotten a better grade by just 3-4 marks out of 60. The examiner hates me, before this exam I had an oral presentation to give for the same course and I had the worst grade at it of my whole class, partly why I didn’t study as much (I was disgusted)(and again, I felt I had given a pass worthy at the very least presentstion!! But the fact that the examiner was nearly sleeping at some point and laughing near the end speaks volumes). Is it me or them? Considering I’ve never had such shitty grades before, and everyone loves my oral presentations usually. Strange.

I’m just pissed :wink:

2 Likes

Well, you may do better with Belial, perhaps? :thinking:

He hates “the man” as much as any spirit I have ever met, but he’s subtle and can usually get you waht you want:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll read that up. Think of a course of action (which might just be do nothing and keep studying for the second exam) and report back.

1 Like

You know rather than trying to control people into giving you better grades why don’t you call spirits and use magick too enhance your own mental faculties to just get the grades normally and if they mark you bad you can then go through official channels as you would have been legitimately right in your responses.

Mercury and the air element would be good for such. Spirits of the subject you need knowledge on can easily enhance your study and potential knowledge of the subject as well. It would likely be easier to alter your own mind to be able to quickly learn and adapt to have the proper knowledge.

1 Like

But having the worst grade of the whole class I would have thought would be a reason to study more not just give up? This was your choice, and the examiner probably could tell this and you lost a lot of respect because of it, and you have been steadily losing respect all year, I guess. To fix that you have to give him and the entity something to work with to hold on to, not just thin air… it’s the whole buy a lottery ticket if you want to actually win thing… so study at least a bit if you want to pass. The teacher is watching you so let him see what you need him to see to think well of you: you doing the work.

But the fact that the examiner was nearly sleeping at some point and laughing near the end speaks volumes).

Yes it does speak volumes… about your skills, Nevertheless this behaviour sounds highly unprofessional and grounds for a formal complaint, why don’t you write a letter to the admins?

1 Like