First Evocation And Choice Of Spirit

After some success with candle magick and significant rewards recently from the use of Abramelin squares I now think I’m ready to move on to my first demonic evocation. Since I started to seriously study the Goetia, Sitri has stood out above all others for me and I feel an affinity with him.

I recently had a vivid dream in which a voice spoke to me telling me that “When the time is right you will call upon me” after which I woke up straight away from a very deep sleep. Considering the amount of time I’d spent concentrating on Sitri, studying everything I can find about this mighty prince and actually painting his sigil in red on a black canvas the day before the dream I think this may have been Sitri speaking to me.

I’d like to know what others think of Sitri as a choice for a first evocation? I’ve read that he can be quite a handful and rather chaotic under some circumstances. If he spoke to me in my dream it would indicate that he would like to work through me and affect change in the world…any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

How long has he been calling you? What is your purpose in evoking him?

I had this dream only once a couple of weeks ago but it was real enough to wake me. He didn’t appear in the dream at all, just a voice and the image of a cup of water pouring out onto the ground. I felt like the communication would have gone on longer but as soon as I realized I was in contact with something other than my subconscious I woke through the shock of it.

My reason for calling on Sitri would be to help fulfill my lustful desires for a girl who I grew up with who thinks of me more as a brother but who I’ve lusted after for as long as I can remember.

1 Like

I know that feeling, believe me. I just haven’t bothered fulfilling the lust because I’m much more interested in severing the heads of gods to say I can.

Try to contact Sitri before evoking him. Do some sigil work with him, prepare offerings in case he asks- the basic stuff.

Ah yes, the dreaded “friend-zone” - happens to women as well btw, “Oh I think of you just like the sister I always wanted - you’re so sensible, and not like all those other girls I keep letting break my heart” - grrr! lol

You need to stir lust in that person because the love (or at least respect and affection) is already there, so good luck with it.

1 Like

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:4, topic:2827”]I know that feeling, believe me. I just haven’t bothered fulfilling the lust because I’m much more interested in severing the heads of gods to say I can.

Try to contact Sitri before evoking him. Do some sigil work with him, prepare offerings in case he asks- the basic stuff.[/quote]

I was thinking of starting out opening a sigil and working my way up from there to a full evocation in time, either way I’d like to make this a longer term arrangement with Sitri. Thanks for your advice.

Are you any good at APing? If so, you don’t even need to evoke. You can just knock on his front door, instead of dragging him down to see you.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:5, topic:2827”]Ah yes, the dreaded “friend-zone” - happens to women as well btw, “Oh I think of you just like the sister I always wanted - you’re so sensible, and not like all those other girls I keep letting break my heart” - grrr! lol

You need to stir lust in that person because the love (or at least respect and affection) is already there, so good luck with it.[/quote]

Yeah it’s an annoying situation to find yourself in for sure. She recently ended a long term relationship so she may be even more vulnerable to spiritual manipulation at the moment. I think I’ll start by opening a sigil tomorrow night and take it from there. Thanks Eva.

And to all of you on-lookers and lurkers reading this thread who have never been in such a situation, the friend zone is like a minefield of the damned in which if you do not maneuver it carefully, your entire relationship will BLOW UP as a magus.

It is difficult and the LAST PLACE one could want to be in.

Utuk, avoid those mines (i.e. telling her you’re a goddamn wizard) at all costs. Or just take a nap on them, that’s what I do.

Eternally,
-Sev

3 Likes

I’d actually like to evoke him using a traditional working system at first simply for the experience seeing as I’ve never done it before. It may be best not to take the training wheels off for the moment for lack of a better analogy.

1 Like

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:9, topic:2827”]And to all of you on-lookers and lurkers reading this thread who have never been in such a situation, the friend zone is like a minefield of the damned in which if you do not maneuver it carefully, your entire relationship will BLOW UP as a magus.

It is difficult and the LAST PLACE one could want to be in.

Utuk, avoid those mines (i.e. telling her you’re a goddamn wizard) at all costs. Or just take a nap on them, that’s what I do.

Eternally,
-Sev[/quote]

Definately, Sevarn. From what I understand to reveal to your victim that you use magick is a quick way to unravel your hold on them. I’m keeping my magickal work to myself.

I’m going into this with the full understanding that any success I receive from it will be temporary and in the long term may cause the end of our platonic relationship totally but I’m willing to make this sacrifice to fullfil my desires.

1 Like

Correction: THE success you WILL receive will be temporary UNTIL you decide to cast another spell and make her yours again.

Just one thing: you might wanna be sure that you’re not stepping on someone much larger than you. What do I mean? I mean that make sure she isn’t a practitioner herself, or someone in her family that can easily detect this sort of thing and wipe the floor with you if so.

On second thought, I really need someone to fight, so if there IS someone in the family, that would be ample cause for me to act.

Power needs to act, after all. I feel like I’m stifling in the intense boredom of making myself stronger, instead of being out there and devouring to make myself stronger.

Belial hasn’t even found me good food yet. The only thing I killed was an astral roach that didn’t even have enough power for a shot.

Can SOMEONE get in trouble so I can do SOMETHING??

1 Like

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:12, topic:2827”]Correction: THE success you WILL receive will be temporary UNTIL you decide to cast another spell and make her yours again.

Just one thing: you might wanna be sure that you’re not stepping on someone much larger than you. What do I mean? I mean that make sure she isn’t a practitioner herself, or someone in her family that can easily detect this sort of thing and wipe the floor with you if so.

On second thought, I really need someone to fight, so if there IS someone in the family, that would be ample cause for me to act.

Power needs to act, after all. I feel like I’m stifling in the intense boredom of making myself stronger, instead of being out there and devouring to make myself stronger.

Belial hasn’t even found me good food yet. The only thing I killed was an astral roach that didn’t even have enough power for a shot.

Can SOMEONE get in trouble so I can do SOMETHING??[/quote]

More good advice, this is what I came here for. I never thought about that aspect. I know that she has no interest in or knowledge of the occult but as for her mother I’m not so sure. She has said a few things in past conversation to indicate she has at least a basic knowledge of magick.

Before you go slaying her, the mom might turn out to be an ally if you get together and eventually reveal to her you do magick, so tread carefully there.

1 Like

Find out. I don’t want you to fall over a tripwire of some huge magical army that her mother has been building.

If you do, just point me in the direction. I tend to end spirits rather quickly, and I’m sure whatever her mother may have pales in comparison to the likes of my Knights and yours truly.

I didn’t kill an ifrit king JUST for shits and giggles. I killed it for power.

Whatever she has, I can handle. I discuss the mother, if the daughter (and your target) and has anything that might detect your spell, you might want to remove that with surgical precision.

But I’m a bloodthirster. I relish the chance to go lopping off someone’s head, particularly if they are a spirit and I can gain their power. Lady Eva is being much more rational and much less “lets-go-kill-it” than me.

The mom MIGHT turn out to be an ally, but I don’t trust majority of the human race. They’re mostly donkeys who can’t see the power in front of them or fucktards who think they have a right to control the strong.

I’m ranting.

NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO LET ME RANT, by the way.

I may open a general conversation with her on the topic to see how deep her knowledge goes or at least how much she will reveal to me. I won’t be admitting to any of my own practices incase she reveals it to her daughter.

I’m thinking, a recently dead mom isn’t an aphrodisiac for anyone, and might make her react angrily at someone she thinks of as a friend moving in when she’s vulnerable, so while yeah you have spirits backing you up, I remember when a friend (guy from work, who had never shown any interest) moved in on me while I was vulnerable, I really hated him for it, and nothing could have killed it more stone dead than the feeling someone’s literally pouncing when you’re already at a low.

So female psychology there, don’t forget men hit on women constantly, and it can feel everything from pathetic to threatening, but either way it’s less of a neutral “fancy some fun” type of thing and we don’t always see it the same way a guy might.

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:15, topic:2827”]Find out. I don’t want you to fall over a tripwire of some huge magical army that her mother has been building.

If you do, just point me in the direction. I tend to end spirits rather quickly, and I’m sure whatever her mother may have pales in comparison to the likes of my Knights and yours truly.

I didn’t kill an ifrit king JUST for shits and giggles. I killed it for power.

Whatever she has, I can handle. I discuss the mother, if the daughter (and your target) and has anything that might detect your spell, you might want to remove that with surgical precision.

But I’m a bloodthirster. I relish the chance to go lopping off someone’s head, particularly if they are a spirit and I can gain their power. Lady Eva is being much more rational and much less “lets-go-kill-it” than me.

The mom MIGHT turn out to be an ally, but I don’t trust majority of the human race. They’re mostly donkeys who can’t see the power in front of them or fucktards who think they have a right to control the strong.

I’m ranting.

NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO LET ME RANT, by the way.[/quote]

Believe me, you aren’t ranting. You’ve provided me with some good advice and food for thought which is much appreciated and I tend to share your views on most of humanity.

Really? I’m not much of a flirt. If anything, I just manipulate the situation around me. I also happen to be pretty damn terrible at it.

“Your manatee disgusts me.” It’s an inside joke, nobody on this forum would get it, but I’ll say two names: X-Men and Dark Souls. If someone makes the connection, PM me.

My faith that humanity will survive this century is low.

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:19, topic:2827”]Really? I’m not much of a flirt. If anything, I just manipulate the situation around me. I also happen to be pretty damn terrible at it.

“Your manatee disgusts me.” It’s an inside joke, nobody on this forum would get it, but I’ll say two names: X-Men and Dark Souls. If someone makes the connection, PM me.

My faith that humanity will survive this century is low.[/quote]

The way things are going I wouldn’t be too surprised.