Finding where I am

I have been quite dismissive of my journey into the world of magick, only recently becoming invested once again but this time for good hopefully. In the time passing, I’ve realized that magick could be exactly what I need. I have been struggling to figure out what to do with my life, realizing that my whole life I’ve been distracting myself with things such as games and entertainment.

Questions have been surfacing in my mind as to what I want to do with my life realizing that I just want to escape. Escape from the mundane reality that I have set my self in. I’ve been eying Magick again because I want to discover for myself the relationships I can find in magick. Because when I die I don’t know what will happen if I am being truthful. I’ve always had passion in things considered fake by the majority of people on this planet.

But I know that I need to strike a balance first because I need to take care of myself to do any of these things.

The reason I tell you this is because I am lost, with no map, no path to set sail on. I have been lost for a while, but just recently I found a ritual called " The Identity Ritual " authored by Adam Blackthorne but I am unsure if this is something I should do.

I think the clarity would be worth the shot but do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you for reading

2 Likes

If you feel drawn to it, go for it. I have been where you are in terms of realizing the games and entertainment as purposeful distraction. Even now I have to stay from that stuff completely for the most part. Because all it will become is an escape.

I focus on meditation and inner work rather than ritual. So, my advice may be different. All I would say is start to take time out for yourself. You may not be aware of your identity or what you are meant to do, but that is the purpose of focusing inward. At some point, you touch the core of your being and you never need to question who or what you are anymore. This is done through meditation, study, and introspection.

Simply asking yourself who you are and what you should be doing while remaining quiet is a good start. Writing your thoughts down as you contemplate this. It’s a form of meditation that can be very useful. Read thought provoking books that inspire you to answer these questions.

In short, you’ve got to direct your life intentionally to get where you want to be. Even if you a ritual like this, that work still needs to be done. Don’t spend too long trying to figure out how to start. Just take the first step. If it’s this ritual, then let it be that.

2 Likes

you sound like a Pisces XD