Fictional magicians and occultists who inspire you

I’ll start:

Margo Hanson (The Magicians)Magicians Storm Coming S04E10 - YouTube

Vanessa Ives (Penny Dreadful) Penny Dreadful - Vanessa Ives vs the Demon - YouTube

Jonathan Strange (Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell) Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - Sand Horses - YouTube

Mary Sibley (Salem) Mary vs Increase - YouTube

5 Likes

Oliver Haddo (The Magician by W Somerset Maughm)
Mocata (The Devil Rides Out)
Julian Karswell (Night of the Demon)
Simon (Simon King of the Witches)
Cerio (Seduced by Evil)

Without a doubt, John Constantine. Morally dubious, but capable.

6 Likes

Margo!! And Alice for her thirst for knowledge.
Marina is a bitch but somewhat relatable.

Constantine because he doesn’t give a damn. The guy have balls! lol

1 Like

Don’t know if that counts but I like the character of Etrius from V:tM (Tremere). That guy is full of flaws and inner conflict but he is also cunning and determined and he knows his shit.

3 Likes

Dr. Strange

John Constantine and Raistlin Majere, I guess.
Polgara is perhaps my favorite magic using character, but as enjoyable as her story was, it wasn’t exactly inspirational

3 Likes

Catweasel. You can appear as a bumbling idiot and still have great wisdom.

3 Likes

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

John Constantine (Keanu version)
Harry Dresden
Quentin Coldwater (book version)
Saruman
The Forsaken from Wheel of Time (but if I had to pick, Ishamael all the way)
Mr. Norrell
King Mob
Jesus
Voldemort

2 Likes

Yugi moto (duelist but kinda same thing)

Natsu dragneel

Dante flare (my own character)

All the ones proclaimed to be actual magicians (Jesus, Crowley, etc etc). All fake as far as evidence that is refuted andcan be proven nor disproven since evidence is basedon self perception and over-stimulated perceived delusional experiences. Or, they could be lies or outright lying to decive others for personal gain. Everyone writes a book or many and often charges for such personal workings that may or may not induce hypnagogic hallucinations that border the possibility of personal schizophrenia.

If actions and workings can NOT elicit aphysical manifestation for ALL to percieve in the vicinity that can be interacted via the 5 human senses then its just delusion and fantasy dippethed in want of said fantasy.

Chain of chance and awareness of what people call synchricities is simply focussing on either positive or negative happenings in the world around you. LOA is horribly drenched in this delusion because in actuality you create the LOA by either of your actions.

Ie smiling and a perceived positive outlook will affect others in generally a higher percentage of a positive outcome.

Belittling, yelling, etc will generate more of the negative since that is associated with that attitude in general.

This has no effect if an earthquake is going to happen, a storm blowing in, a massive fire etc. Earth and cosmic changes dont care if you smile and dance as they will still happen. The LOA fails here.

I laughed at “for ALL to percieve in the vicinity that can be interacted via the 5 human senses then its just delusion and fantasy dippethed in want of said fantasy.”

5 senses is a high expectation even for the advanced magician.
All to percieve? I do not believe that thats how it works less some masterclass magician is doing a full physical evocation.

I humbly disagree with your entire statement.

That aside pegasus from the original yugioh was my hero as a kid. He uncovered egyptian magic and turned it into a modern game. For those of you who dont know, he was gathering the egyptian relics to bring back his wife, which is cool. But the coolest part of this dude was that he made cards to bring monsters to full physical manifestations. He brought the 3 gods to the physical realm, they killed people, so he never made more of the cards. He fully manifested 3 of the egyptians most powerful god

1 Like

Then as i said. It is ALL fictional make believe then.

Its good fiction.

Al Pacino devils advocate and tom ellis’ Lucifer

Merlin the legendary magician best known as an enchanter or wizard featured in King Arthur’s Court.

Harry Potter

Yeah, I couldn’t say that without laughing at JK Rowling for being a normie.

For me from most inspiring to least.
Mary sibley (salem)
Rumplestiltskin (once upon a time)
Vanessa Ives (penny dreadful)
Merlin from the movie Merlin played by sam neill

2 Likes

Vanessa Ives (Penny Dreadful)
Black Philip (The Witch)
The Lich (Adventure Time) (particularly this scene The Lich's Speech from "Gold Stars" - YouTube )
All the witches (American Horror Story Coven)
Gandalf, Galadriel, Arwen (Lord of the Rings)
Morrigan (Dragon Age Origins)

Don Juan Matus from Castenada’s book. There is no proof he had existed as physical human form, many antropologist have said stories about him are false. Castenada in channeling after his death (from Calogero Grifasi Investigations) have said in his perception everything was real but he had never eaten a meal with Don Juan. That may mean he didn’t have a physical body. (I do beliefe Don Juan is real but it is what it is.)

Mary Wardwell from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina because.she.is.so.freakin.hot.

3 Likes