Feeling Ineffectual

Over the summer solstice, I attempted two rituals. One calling upon Beleth to make some girl my plaything, and another calling upon Belial to force open my third eye and clairvoyancy channels.

Both seem to have been utter failures.

Is nothing working because I didn’t do any banishing rituals before or after?

To my knowledge I could lay out a circle with tarot cards, and begin evocation. After like 10 minutes of incantations I’m like okay the spirit must be here by now, and I lay out my desires, and I tried what EA said in his invoking spirits to full appearance seminar about when you’re first starting how you’re basically answering your own questions in your mind - I thought I was on the right track in that regard

But so far nothing has happened.

I think the problem was that you assumed the spirit was there.
Pick up a book on evocation and practice.

That must be it. I am not one to feel like this is all worthless. I’ve seen and experienced much to confirm life is greater than meets the eye. And my ascension is my absolute objective and one star in sight.

I will NEVER give up until I have achieved my objectives.

[quote=“Illustrious, post:3, topic:3571”]That must be it. I am not one to feel like this is all worthless. I’ve seen and experienced much to confirm life is greater than meets the eye. And my ascension is my absolute objective and one star in sight.

I will NEVER give up until I have achieved my objectives.[/quote]

You called the wrong spirits for the wrong job. Period.

Poete is right about Beleth. I tried him for ‘lust’ issues, it’s total waste of time.

Where on earth did you get the idea that Belial is the spirit to call on for ‘opening the third eye’??

These spirits do very specific tasks and have dominion over specific things. VERY Specific. Period.

It’s trial and error, I’ve made the same mistakes(and still do)…but these things generally do what the grimoire says they do. Don’t try to venture to far outside of the ‘zone’ or you will end up pissing in the wind.

Beleth…I can understand, because I too was fooled by the Goetia description…but Belial?

It’s like hiring van Gogh to decorate your kitchen just because you know he’s crazily driven on the subject of painting things - might look reasonable on paper but it won’t work, he’ll do a substandard job or not show up at all. :wink:

EA describes in his evocation seminar asking Paimon to help heal his daughter when she was very sick, because he had a good relationship mwith Paimon, and being told by the spirit, no way dude, it’s just not my thing.

Entities are kinda prima-donnas who want a chance to shine at their speciality, and not turn in average work slogging away on anything other than that. It’s a lesson we could all probably do well to remember!

I asked Belial for that as somebody told me Belial had forced open his third eye and clairvoyancy channels - so I tried it too

As for Beleth, it seems maybe it was successful. The SPECIFIC girl I had targeted isn’t under my influence, however, another girl now is, and I believe Beleth had chosen her more specifically as she is more interested in spirituality and the things I am doing.

So at this point I feel I was probably successful with Beleth, as I could definitely feel a change in the way the area felt…

What’s the best way to totally immerse myself in the ritual? As I had ADHD my mind tends to want to run non-stop, I’ve tried just focusing on what I’m saying, focusing on what I desire, and tried focusing on how I feel when meditating.

Any and all feedback to help me REALLY immerse myself will be extremely appreciated.

Do you have some bloodwork to prove that? Do you have a cat scan, an MRI, ANYTHING beyond the subjectivity of some quack fool ‘legalized’ drug pimp psychiatrist who runs a ‘checklist’ against normal childhood behavior to call someone ‘disordered’ who simply hasn’t developed the discipline to calm themselves?

Do you take amphetamines for that too? Aderall? The thing about aderall, is that there was never a shred of evidence in the first place that your brain was chemically functioning in some way ‘correctable’ by any amphetamine…that class of chemicals which ultimately can lead to much worse problems.

To me, what it sounds like is that you could use some more work in the meditation department, as well as the research department. IMO what you’ve developed is a self fulfilling prophecy, not a ‘disorder’.

http://www.adhdfraud.net/

If you believe you have a ‘condition’ that prevents you from accomplishing your goal , than you do; It’s that simple, you’ve convinced yourself of it.

Start by practicing the LBRP every day for a few months.
Then add on the middle pillar ritual.
Add on scrying
Add on structuring
Then add the BRH, etc.

Keep doing these ‘mini-rituals’ until you are able to keep your focus, it will help to narrow your intention during the ‘real deal’.

Practice makes perfect. I’m sure other people will give more tips, but the more you master yourself, which is easily accomplished by repeated meditation & ritual exercises, and leave societies ‘boundaries’ at the door, the farther you will go.

1 Like

I think Belial will do for a person what they most need to address to develop mastery - that might not be what we think it is.

For me, my first intro was him throwing demons of disease and corruption at me, and physically attacking me in a vivid dream whose effects persisted after I woke up, until I found the right method to deal with them.

But that doesn’t mean Belial will automatically attack someone in their dreams to try them out - there was a specific area I needed that breakthrough on, and that immersive experience taught me more than any number of intructional chats or Q & A sessions could have done.

Much as I find restrictions like “Read the grimoires” annoying myself, they do actually cover the main area of ops for each being, but how they play that out in everyone’s life will be different, and probably not transferable.

I agree with Gnosis re: not letting labels get you down, they’re also BREAKABLE - I’ve been diagnosed with severe clinical depression, I’ve even had referrals to psychiatric crisis teams, and spent a lot of my life a few wrong turns from suicide.

That WENT when I made some changes to my lifestyle and attitude, and mainly, when I threw myself into the Left-Hand Path (arguably exchanging one insanity for another, but at least this one’s happier!) and so it CAN be done no matter what.

When I read people with a diagnosis of ADHD talking about how they can’t focus, it reminds me of my friend who struggles to quit smoking, she’s always talking about how she doesn’t know what to do with her hands etc., and you know what?

Lifelong non-smokers like me can also have that stuff, feeling awkward waiting in a café or at an interview, our hands seem to not know what to do with themselves, sitting out there in front of us like a big bunch of bananas, and we end up fiddling with a pen or something in the exact same way.

We also sometimes have the “I just want something to round this off” feeling after a meal that smokers describe, so we maybe have a coffee or an extra piece of cheese, we want something after a long phone call so we maybe make some tea, we like to take a break during work to bring our focus back to ourselves… all those normal things that smokers see as a green light to spark up that’s unique to them, exist within us all.

Some of them are related to our baseline anxiety in that situation, some to various body chemistry things, some to the fact society and the workplace appear to demand a suffocatingly robotic consistancy of focus that the mind will seize any minor need to escape from.

And the lack of focus, distractability, and inability to always prioritise right that accompany ADHD exist within everyone else as well to varying degrees, but it’s possible to master them.

Which brings me back to Belial - he could very possibly help you with this aspect of your personality, whereby your habits and patterns of thought are running you?

My own experience is he will merrily work on anything that masters you to help you break free, so perhaps instead of asking him to help with your psychic skills you could ask him to help you find ways to overcome the clutter your mind throws up that gets in the way.

Just some thoughts, it’s hard to talk about the stuff in someone else’s head without maybe crossing some boundaries that aren’t usually crossed, so I hope my words aren’t offensive, I’m just trying to put your situation (as far as I can understand it) into a context so that you can find ways to turn it to your favour.

1 Like

Do you have some bloodwork to prove that? Do you have a cat scan, an MRI, ANYTHING beyond the subjectivity of some quack fool ‘legalized’ drug pimp psychiatrist who runs a ‘checklist’ against normal childhood behavior to call someone ‘disordered’ who simply hasn’t developed the discipline to calm themselves?

Do you take amphetamines for that too? Aderall? The thing about aderall,

Start by practicing the LBRP every day for a few months.
Then add on the middle pillar ritual.
Add on scrying
Add on structuring
Then add the BRH, etc.

Keep doing these ‘mini-rituals’ until you are able to keep your focus, it will help to narrow your intention during the ‘real deal’.

Practice makes perfect. I’m sure other people will give more tips, but the more you master yourself, which is easily accomplished by repeated meditation & ritual exercises, and leave societies ‘boundaries’ at the door, the farther you will go.[/quote]

You’re making a lot of sense, thank you.

I’ve actually heard a lot about ADHD diagnoses being given out when children are just being… Children. In my case, I was taking Ritalin, and it really did help me at the time when I was a child. I was struggling with reading, badly. When I started taking Ritalin, within a few months I was surpassing my classmates in reading and to this day I absolutely love reading. If I didn’t start taking Ritalin when I did, I may never have learned to read.

But the Ritalin stopped being useful and began to feel like a hindrance, and I discontinued it in grade 11.

I am getting the feeling that if I will it to be so, that I can concentrate and focus completely when I desire to and practice doing so as you recommended (and those are nice logical steps you laid out, thank you again)

Btw what do you mean by “structuring” and what is “BRH?” I am also unsure what the middle pillar ritual is - sorry for my lack of knowledge!

I have been interested in scrying lately but haven’t been able to find much useful information on the subject. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’ve heard EA mention it a few times in his Youtube videos and it has highly interested me. It seems to me, right now with my limited knowledge, to be a method to access visions utilizing a dark mirror or other implements.

Why?

Neither of these spirits does what you asked for.

Beleth in the Goetia is said to cause love between men and women, and I’ve heard from a few people that Belial has forced open their third eye and activated clairvoyancy

Key phrase being “cause love”. That is, to say, an attraction. It leaves Beleth a nice big fat loophole for you to do all the legwork yourself. As for Belial, I can’t speak from experience (or directly with Beleth, but I’m very used to loopholes and hidden clauses in dialogue with entities).

Can you elaborate on this please, Arcanist? Hidden clauses and loopholes?

You ever read a story where a jinni screws someone over because they weren’t specific in a request? “I want to be a ruler!” BOOM- they’re a length of wood used to measure things, or the jinni simply interprets the request incorrectly (very much on purpose) just to screw the person over.

If you’re new to all this, seem to be lacking in confidence, or just don’t understand how some of these entities think, some of them will be more than happy to screw you over for a laugh, to teach you something as opposed to giving you what you want, or just to teach you a lesson for asking things of them without payment or a previous relationship.

What do they like as offerings?

See, funny thing about it is… in general, reading through all of the topics and forums - they are a world of polar opposites.
You can read read a lot (and you should, you must know before you understand), however with evocation of Spirits…

You see a lot of the articles and posts go something like 'Lay out what you want on the parchment in very clear text that leaves no loopholes. Chant the Spirits name (for Beleth in particular it’s a lot of ‘middle of the day, use red candles, he likes sandalwood incense, wear a silver ring on your middle finger and hold it to your face etc).’ In general VERY specific instructions and curiosly enough most of them end with ‘And then command the demon to step in the circle and command…’. Whoa whoa whoa! Control? Command? That can’t be right, there must be something more to it.

And then there’s the complete opposite posts that go something like ‘You don’t a complicated ritual. Just put 4 white candles around you in a square, because the energy within a square is more stable. Sit in the middle, relax and speak to the spirit telepathically. You don’t need to tell the Spirit what you want, they already know it, they can sense it. They will answer if what you offer them is sufficient. They have a sense of humour, no specific gifts required, just talk to them.’ And those posts usually end with ‘The demon is your mate and you will just have a laugh together and it do what you want it to because it is amused by you…’ Hold on! Whoa! That’s can’t be right either.

And if you just start reading about these things, reading both of those posts will absolutely confuse you! You won’t know what you’re doing and why. And instead of focusing on what you want from the whole affair and speaking to them you will just be pondering in the back of your mind ‘Are those the right candles? Which direction am I facing? Should I be talking right now or should I be projecting my energy?’ I don’t think any Spirit will make an appearance as you’re not sure if it’s working or not.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of an essay. Coming to the point - what do you feel you can offer them?
In my personal subjective opinion (and in no way I am claiming this is the only correct one), I believe your intuition is the thing to use. Should you really want to communicate with said Spirit, said Demon, said God and you can offer something of interest - the said entity will let you know what it is, if you listen, if you open up.

1 Like

Subject_Zero, can you please post an intro post in the Intro thread? Other than the fact that it’s a forum rule, it also helps to place your advice in context. People can learn from where your advice is coming if you let us know in the Intro thread a little about you, your experience or beliefs.

On another note, thanks for bumping this old thread. I think I was supposed to see it.

Apologies, Salpinx. I have an annoying tendency to jump straight to the topics my gut guides me towards. I will oblige.

Thank you.

No problem at all. You have a lovely writing style. Welcome, Subject_Zero - already I get the impression that you’ll be a great addition to the forum. I hope you’ll like it here with us.

About the topic. Regarding evocation, the question of whether to follow exact steps vs. intuition got me thinking. Perhaps this question could be answered by asking: Does our success as evocators depend on our ability to harness the magic that exists all around us, or is that magic within us? Just where does the source of magic’s power truly lie?

I’m still thinking about this, but this article has an interesting take from a historical standpoint. I think I picked it up from an older thread here a while back. I found it informative, and perhaps it will be of help here too.