Fear of magick

hello!

so i am very new at the whole summoning and magick in general.

just couple minutes ago i tried to summon king paimon and honestly i think i felt his energy but i got scared and i was all ‘please do not show yourself to me just yet’ and i feel like i offended him.
i also didnt forget the sigil,chocolate as an offering and his enn…
the whole point is: how do i stop being scared?
my fear is so bad that i cry when i hear sounds or shadows. i am very fearful but i really want to make this work and meet demons. and at the same time im the person who’s like “i wont believe this until i see it” bUt thEN I GET SCARED BECAUSE I HAVE A FEELING IM GOING TO SEE IT???

can someone please help me??? maybe even share how you overcame this?
i used to be christian and ofcourse we were told that demons are horrible being but i honestly don’t really believe in that and i really want to give them a chance.
any tips? advice?

3 Likes

Think positive energy before you cast and focus on success. Always meditate on your upcoming ritual and what you are asking for. If you are hesitant or fearful on what you are doing because of the nature of your casting or requests, try focusing on what you really want.

Start with knowledge and feel totally comfortable with your ritual. If in doubt about requests to the Deity and if they will be acceded to, ask for a sign. That way you will know if you will be successful.

6 Likes

so it’s okay to ask if they can do something
for example make the light flicker
to show thatthey are here/listening to me?

Start working Angels first. Don’t jump right into demons at first. Specially as UR nerve is still weak.

3 Likes

Yes definately ask for a sign. Your recent experience might be a sign to simply get your attention in regaining another ritual and worship.

1 Like

thank you:)

1 Like

thank you:D

1 Like

I deal with fears, paranoia, and those pesky what ifs. I own, and read, tons of lhp books. However, I choose to stick with the magick that doesn’t scare me.

Magick is derived from the subjective universe. If you call on something, it’ll manifest in the manner you subconsciously perceive it to be. Even if a spirit is beneficial, if you internally perceive it as dangerous or scary, even if you don’t know it, it’ll be dangerous or scary.

Working magic requires a mastery over the self and one’s subjective universe. I’m a young adult with a 19 year old’s mentality. I struggle with depression. I don’t do well in college and as of writing this I’m unemployed. I am inconsistent with doing the things I need to do to get better, including going to the gym. I am in a state I’d describe as like being in a metaphoric emotional bog, trapped in mud and other forms of rot and decay. While a trauma has brought me here, I must acknowledge I am the one keeping my situation stagnant. While there are options to get myself out of here, I am afraid that they won’t work and so I do not commit to them. I believe many of us are in some situation we don’t want to be in but have trouble committing ourselves to getting out. This is where magic gets tricky.

When I call on a god, goddess, or force of light, I fear that it will reject me. When I call on a darker force like demons or darker gods, I’m afraid it’ll be too much for me to handle. The way I perceive both sides is a reflection of my own mind set. One side is distant and will refuse to help me. The other one will take forms representing my depression. All because of my subconscious make up. If you’re scared of conjuring a spirit, don’t. Master yourself before you try again.

4 Likes

Get in Touch with Air and Earth first. Go to source first, Lucifer and Satan.

1 Like

thank you very much!

thank you very much :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, I used to be scared too, especially since I grew up in a hella religious family. It was hard changing my mindset initially, but if you have an open mind, you’re chillin. Think of the demons as like a friend, or a teacher. They’re here to guide us to our greatest potential. King Paimon is actually really cool, haha you probably won’t even see him since your astral senses aren’t developed. He’s really patient with newbies too, just respect them and they’ll respect you back and help you in ways you can’t imagine.

2 Likes

I used to be terrified of demons until I actually started working with them. It really helped me overcome my fears

5 Likes

thank you! :slight_smile:

i think i am going to try to summon him again today…
the difference is that yesterday it was night time and i am afraid of the darkness but now it’s day time so i am less scared:)

1 Like

The best way to get rid of your fear of magick is…to do more magick :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yes i believe that as well:) i know that they are amazing living beings so i am going to start slow so we can build a really tight connection and stuff:D

2 Likes

Just remember, you do not have to work with demons if you don’t want to. If you are too uncomfortable, wet your feet with forms of magick that don’t require any spirits first, like Spare style sigils, or candle magick. Build up to working with the spirits. There is really no reason to immediately jump into spirit work if you are fearful about it.

4 Likes

i honestly really want to because i have always been a huge fan of everything supernatural,everything that is more than what we see normally.
but there is just that little fear of darkness that i have and ofcourse the thing of not knowing whether this is true or not haha.
but i am more than ready to get to know the truth:)
i have been practising magick before and stuff however i am very new to working with spirits since i’ve been told that i shouldn’t because they’re gonna hurt you and stuff:)
thank you very much for this advice! i really appreciate it:)

3 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Another step you could take that I should mention for the sake of completeness is to try your hand at building servitors. These are spirits that you create and imbue with life, and that you control. They are great for learning to interact with spirits, and can help you feel more comfortable around them.

4 Likes