Favorite tarot decks?

I was reffering to a more in- depth book

Been using the Thoth Tarot Deck forever. Really like and understand the symbolism. Its not as sexy as some of the newer ones but the readings have been on point.

4 Likes

true black tarot is the best looking deck i’ve ever seen
a bit pricy, but worth every penny imo

2 Likes

My favorite deck at the moment is the “mystical shaman oracle deck” by Alberto Villoldo,Colette Baron-Reid and Marcela

After spending a lot of time studying shamanism dream interpretation and jung psychology I feel this deck lends itself very well to reading empahtically

The artwork is absolutely stunning and amazing

I also have an Atlantis deck that is my more traditional tarot deck and used to be my favorite but lately I’m favoring the shaman deck

4 Likes

@Akashiel

Those cards are stunning! Thanks for sharing! I have so many decks because I love collecting them for artwork if nothing else

1 Like

Here’s mine :grinning:

1 Like

I’m a collector and have an entire bookshelf of them but there are so many great decks constantly coming out now it would cost a fortune to collect all the ones I’d like to have. I have several decks that I favor, one of them being the Trionfa Della Luna. Patrick Valenza is a mad genius.

6 Likes

My favorite deck is Crowley’s Thoth Tarot, I have the large version and it has been the map of my journey.

2 Likes

For magical purposes, I’m old fashioned; Rider Waite’s never gone wrong on me. For looks I don’t think it gets prettier than the Sola Busca.

4 Likes

Same. No matter how many decks I buy, I still go back to the reliability and accuracy my old classic RW Tarot provides. :heart:

Don’t have a top favorite, but I find myself using Ian Daniels’ “The Tarot of Vampyres” and Lo Scarabeo’s “Barbieri Tarot” a lot lately, along with Doreen Virtue’s (I dislike the woman but her cards work well with me, so…)“Angel Therapy” and “Archangel Messages” oracle cards.

4 Likes

My own (I designed it)
is called Essential Tarot and it is a graphical reduction of Rider Waite
it will be available trough Lo Scarabeo next year
here is a sample

8 Likes

I have to go with my Thoth deck. Nice 15 card layout that is pretty easy to pick up but can for sure take a long way to truly master. From my experience if you read them using all the information provided by the cards there nothing that is more accurate. Think about it you’ve got the meaning of the card itself, you’ve got two cards to the side of each that tell you how to interpret the cards meaning, followed by a Hebrew letter that adds to the definition and each card is topped off with a zodiac symbol that gives you even more interpretation to work with. Pain in the ass to read all of that but still very accurate if done correctly.

1 Like

I like the Tarot of Marseilles deck a lot. I have been practicing with that one lately and some of the images are very visceral to me.

1 Like

I’ll have to check on that one. I’ve heard of it, but haven’t tried it. I often use the Anna K, and a few others. My first was the Thoth, but for some reason I didn’t resonate with that one as much as others. Everyone is different there.

1 Like

Same. Thoth tarot all the way, I used to have the steampunk tarot, but thoth tarot for the win.

1 Like

I honestly have little experience with tarot.

However, this Black Alchemy Tarot Deck just came out by Kurtis Joseph & Rosenberg, and I just bought it. For an extra $20 it’s gilded in 24k gold. The aesthetic of the deck is fucking awesome.

Here’s the website and a review by VK.

http://wakingspirals.com/bat/cards.html?fbclid=IwAR3FAumW9Y9af9rsdTZN9MM_hCXbiAtM_68TMAoGWlGscMO3ZoeSC-lJafQ

1 Like

I’ll do my own tarot deck.

Three words

Black obsidian

Alignments

When I do readings for others I tend use

But for personal readings I use Thoth Tarot, honestly it depends on my mood…

The deck I use the most

1 Like

I love VK :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like