Family attacked?

Hey guys. I am currently working through Works of Darkness and performing the rites in the book. After doing the introduction to darkness exercises I started to have these disturbing dreams where members of my family were being attacked by evil forces. There was one dream in particular where I was at a big family gathering in a huge house. Things started out good with plenty of food and drink and everyone having a great time. Then out of nowhere the house was invaded with these horrible monstrous creatures. They attacked and brutally killed eveyone in the house. I watched as the flesh was ripped from bone and my family’s screams filled me with terror. I however was untouched and was left alone by these monsters. Towards the end of the dream my brother who I consider my closest friend became possessed by an enity and threw a demonic tantrum. I attempted to perfrom an exorcism but as soon as I did I woke up. Afterwards I just kept thinking that maybe my dark workings can potentially be harmfull to the ones closest to me. I embrace the darkness and have worked with demonic forces for some time. I have enjoyed success in my workings and will continue down this path. The next day I performed an evocation of the arch Angel Michael to defend and watch over my loved ones with spiritual protection. I wanted to know yalls thoughts on this. Can members of my family be in harm’s way because of my working with dark forces? Thanks!

Well, first of all, keep in mind it’s not uncommon to have disturbing dreams when working with dark entities. You invite negative energy in, and it definitely can affect you if your shields and protection are lacking.

As to your question, well, it’s a good one. I’ve been wondering the same thing myself. I started this year off by doing the open invocation in WoD to introduce myself to dark forces, and while I felt great, during my meditation I heard my poor little sister dry heaving in the bathroom. I went to check on her, and she said she had an onset of nausea, and felt like throwing up.

I felt pretty stupid for not considering how what I was doing could affect those around me. I closed the ritual by thanking and dismissing the spirits. Shortly after, my sister puked and was completely fine afterwards. Do I think the spirits intentionally attacked my sister? No, as Christ said, a house divided against itself cannot stand. But their influence can certainly extend outside of your temple, kind of like if you were keeping radiation with you. Radiation doesn’t purposely hurt people just by existing, it’s just its nature to make people sick.

I’ve been brushing up on my protection and defense lately, I suggest you do the same. Reach out to some angels or other guardian spirits to make sure your family isn’t a victim of friendly fire. Also, ask the darkness to keep itself constrained to your temple and leave your family in peace.

Long story short, you shouldn’t have any problems if you take the necessary precautions.

“I am become death, destroyer of worlds.”- J. Robert Oppenheimer- for those of us that don’t know he spearheaded the Manhattan project.

One does not introduce themselves to the darkness, one becomes darkness.

Though you may want to create an “inverse shield” of sorts, drawing all negativity into your being and expunging all positive energy. While it will get you sick, or at least IME, nobody else will be taken by the shadow.

A stomach flu is a small price to pay for the power of darkness.

[quote=“Sevarn304, post:3, topic:2918”]“I am become death, destroyer of worlds.”- J. Robert Oppenheimer- for those of us that don’t know he spearheaded the Manhattan project.

One does not introduce themselves to the darkness, one becomes darkness.

Though you may want to create an “inverse shield” of sorts, drawing all negativity into your being and expunging all positive energy. While it will get you sick, or at least IME, nobody else will be taken by the shadow.

A stomach flu is a small price to pay for the power of darkness.[/quote]

I wish i had a computer and id type longer responses. When i first started any magick hell the first book i read was wod. Had similar experiences than too but got past it. And do take the advice for protection cause thats some of the problem. Also you obviosly have some fear inside probably fuckin with you. Work through that asal dont run cause its always there wwether you pay attention or not. Wod opens the darkness to you and you to the darkness.takes some adjusting! Anyways just this took 10 mins textung from my phone. Welcome to the darkness

Appreciate the input. I know I will get past this problem. Any suggested reading?

If dreams are the problem, work on dream recall, dream control, etc.
Stephen LaBerge is a good author to start with.

Seconding LaBerge from experience.

Sweet ill check out laberge. What about for protection and defense?

Jason Miller’s Protection and Reversal Magic.

EDIT: I know of someone who actually made the Hekate Spirit Trap (from the book) and used it to trap a spirit that was harassing his family.

He has an entire chapter about protecting the home that is very useful.

I dnt own the book,but my mom,always complain of occults bein a curse,lack of money,fights,sickness,etc.now whit i work whit some spirts i do have terrible dreams,and got disturbate.and i find some books dnt like me.now things are good,mo. Get a litle upset,but wen she see magik helping her economic,etc,she accept tat it works,we ok.now.:).i was beat up.somtimes,and tanks,2 magik.we,have seen good things.

Also i have a hard shield or smthing,i read some peoplz bring whit tat book dangers& spirts,but i dnt see nthg to freak me yet,oter plz claim open a hell of haters demons,bcse ya invite them instead of fusion wht darkness.my advice,go to basement,laundry room.out,park etc,not home,tis how mom claim,dad ,was sick,money not enough,etc,bcse wen ya fusing wht darkness ya will feel the powers,good luck,and tanks for post ya tread,& experience.

i also started with WOD i did not notice any change in my dreams…well maybe its cause every dream or day dream i have is of the most violent nature imaginable ever since i can remember as a child. my wife gets iritated cause i grind my teeth in my sleep…

Out of nowhere? What was the mood like in the dream? Family gathering, one could expect some tension or fighting. That could easily lead to something like you described.

The mood of the dream was festive and happy. It was a party of some sorts. That’s what disturbed me the most was how sudden the atmosphere changed from loving and happy to horrible and freighting. It was one of the most terrible dreams I have experienced. I just couldn’t help but think that perhaps I was inadvertently putting my family in harm’s way. But as of now those feelings have dissipated and I have been working lately on strengthening my defences.