Fairy Tale Characters

Like Aesop’s or Grimms …
Has anyone ever tried evoking any?
I recall people evoking ‘fictional’ characters. Though I might need to learn German to evoke Hansel and Gretel.

1 Like

I had an encounter as snow white …
But it was a curse I had to fight through.

I’ve also had an experience where I was sleeping beauty and had to wake up and I was woken by a certain magician I know.

It was when working with the black pyramid I feel through a demension and luckily I had taken this other magician with me who woke me up in that realm …

I’ve also had some bizarre experiences as red riding hood.

1 Like

Wow. I know so little. I guess that’s a start.

1 Like

I have alot of experiences with fairytales … in different way.

1 Like

So how would that work out if lycanthrope shape shifters encountered the Big Bad Wolf? That would be an odd experience.

Actually from my experience red is the Wolf

3 Likes

Actually from my experience red is the Wolf

Poetic…and so, so accurate.

Red, the innocent little girl, and wolf, the voracious malicious beast - one can’t exist without the other.

No virtue without violence, no good without bad. Yin and Yang, or what-have-you.
Which is why shadow work is so important.

5 Likes

Blockquote

That’s really interesting!
I’ve heard another version of Sleeping Beauty where she was actually put to sleep to save the people around her because she was called a demon. Not sure what version of “Demon” they were referencing though.

2 Likes

I know it’s a movie and ironically Azazel gaurds her …

Considering I was Azazels submissive for a year that’s wild.

2 Likes

I felt like one of the fucking dwarves at that time lol

2 Likes

You have hit upon the $64K question of all of magick.

Theistic, non theistic … what gives.

The truth is a middle ground more fantastic than those extremes and it is egregores.

Before the first grain of sand, Egregores (thought forms) were created like galaxies from information itself.

Those are what have been called the Gods of old.

The more fascinating part is that the process never died and never will. Any symbol, fictional character or person given enough focus gains power. So the characters from Oz, Star Wars or any fiction can be born as real egregores and probably are in the astral existence.

Consider the Phillip experiment.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

this is so perfectly timed I just ordered Norse mythology and the graveyard book by Neil Gaiman and I am trying to figure out witch HP Lovecraft book to get. Did you know they have a kids book on the Call if Cthulhu… so Dr Suessy. … Now to dream of evoking.

3 Likes

@Eye_of_Ra which lovecraft would be a good start?

2 Likes

I think @Aiden_Crow, would give better advice with the love craft stuff.

Call of cthulhu…Maybe but I’d like to hear what aiden thinks that’s more his field than mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All of his stuff is worth reading but a good anthology to jump in with if you’re interested in Lovecraftian astral exploration and dreamwalking IMO is the Dream Cycle.

For the Cthulhu mythos, this anthology covers his most important work, and finally you can’t go wrong with At the Mountains of Madness.

3 Likes

At the Mountains of Madness is a good one but be warned, he purposely made the beginning long and drawn out to give it more of a scientific feel so don’t give up on it!

I’d also recommend anthologies of his other works as well. His amazing talent shines in his ability to project discomfort or even unease :wink:

If you want more understanding of the works themself get an annotated version to start.

1 Like

If you are looking to dip your toes into the Lovecraftian current, I’d recommend Asenath Mason’s book Necronomicon Gnosis. Her meditations will allow you to approach the energies and beings involved and, most importantly, let them approach you, and see if you’re compatible.

S. Ben Qayin’s Black Book of Azathoth is good too, though it is more ritualistic than Mason’s book.

Some of the Chaos Magick stuff, like Phil Hine’s Pseudonomicon, is also worth checking out, as it will give you a good overview as to how the current can be approached. Unlike other currents, the Lovecraft energies can be invoked in a variety of ways.

And, of course, read as much of H.P’s fiction as you can :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lovecraft is great, but I love Poe more. . Can you imagine having to deal with The Telltale Hearts ape?

1 Like

Poe’s fantastic as well. Anyone here care to evoke the Red Death?

2 Likes